• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc best non opiate painkiller

Ketamine is the obvious answerKetamine is the obvious answer, I remember when I sprained my collar bone and it was painful to breath in all the way, i got some ketamine and did it for a week, when i should have gone to the hospital (didn't know it was broken), actually wound up going to a party that night that the guys who picked me up off the ground were going to, took some lsd and the lsd made me not feel the pain so much that I'd start laughing, but laughing too hard did hurt. I would alternate between "ahahahah...
Augh..... Ahahaha. Auuuuugh. Ahhhhahaha. Ahhhh.". So lsd helps too.

Lots of variables here depending on how much trouble they have removing the tooth (roots can be wrapped around jaw bone etc, your pain threshol, how well you react to different meds. My last wisdom tooth extractions (two during the same visit, ouch!) I was prescribed Percocet. I would have been crawling the walls without it. If your lucky prescription strength ibuprofen might do it. Good luck

im going to get my wisdom teeth taken out in a few days but i dont wana get any opiates because im still experiencing paws from methadone withdrawal and i dont wana hurt my recovery as im still not where i wana be feeling wise. not sure if tramadol will reset me or not kinda sucks that i really need them out now what do you guys think
I like tramadol more then norco and it's not that addicting. It's a good enough pain killer for sure you might want to ask for more because of tolerance though. Hopefully you're doctors nice.

When I got my wisdom teeth removed, I finished the oxycodone in a day, got some hydrocodone a week later from same doc, finished that in a day, but didn't feel like I needed it even with dry socket

I like tramadol more then norco and it's not that addicting. It's a good enough pain killer for sure you might want to ask for more because of tolerance though. Hopefully you're doctors nice.
Sure its a good enough pain killer but OP sounds like he wants to stay away from drugs than tickle the opioid receptors and to me, thats sounds like a good idea. IDK why people are suggesting tramadol, which is not only an opioid but also dangerous to the point of seizure at high doses. Canada just added it to our scheduled substances list, first medical addition in a decade or something like that. Tramadol is not necessary in this case. Tylenol, NSAID ( Ibuprofen, naproxen, whatever) and then something to relax like kava would work great. Maybe throw some diphenhydramine or metonia if you have it to control nausea which you might get.

I like tramadol more then norco and it's not that addicting. It's a good enough pain killer for sure you might want to ask for more because of tolerance though. Hopefully you're doc
as i said i cant take any form of opiate cause of it resetting my paws kratom and doing percs every now and again ahs reset me i should be better off after as long as iv bene on methadone but due to not knowing that they were really holding me back im still having physical symptoms so i legit cant touch any opiate or im just damaging myself and ill never get better physically or mentally

Liquid Advil 200mg jel caps.....take 2 or 3 (600mg max) at a time.....6 hours you can take another 3 jel caps (600mg)

Ibuprofen is AMAZING as an NSAID for dental pain. I had a root canal for an infected tooth with SEVERE Pain. I’m on daily 80mg Methadone so I’m opioid tolerant.

I was truly amazed on how amazing liquid Advil is for inflammation/pain.....seriously, in an hour pain went from a 9 to a 1. Be sure to get the Liquid Advil 200mg jel caps....they are faster acting.

I read a Dental Medical Journal and Ibuprofen (Advil) is the most highly regarded anagesic ....it has a dual mechanism of action as an NSAID. It’s a COX-1 inhibitor and a COX-2 Inhibitor (Celebrex is a prescription strength NSAID and COX-2 inhibitor)

600mg of Liquid Advil jel caps and you’re golden :)

The opiates are for post surgical pain, not the procedure itself. Post surgical pain can range from non existent to quite severe following wisdom tooth removal and the standard practice in the USA is to prescribe painkillers in case of pain, so oral surgeons don't have to deal with people calling them in severe pain later in the day I guess.

I've had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled as well as three other teeth and when I had my top two wisdom teeth pulled there was virtually no pain and I went to work the following day. When I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed, which were severely infected and impacted, the pain was so severe I don't know what I would have done without the codeine my surgeon prescribed. I had to take six tylenol 3s just to get the pain to be bearable and I needed a whole week off work to recover. Similar thing happened to my sister when she had hers removed, she was very ill afterward and in severe pain for several days. It is very variable how people respond.

If the OP is in good health there is a good chance he won't need painkillers but if they are needed the best are probably kava and kratom. Kava won't affect methadone PAWS at all, kratom probably will but a day or 2 taking a couple grams of kratom shouldn't be too significant in terms of setting back recovery. It's unlikely you will need more than a day or two of painkillers. I was only in severe pain the first 2 days after having my teeth removed. They continued to hurt for 10 days but it was bearable after the first 2.
My last extraction, not a wisdom tooth! But the next in line. Which was a treated with an root canal filling and a crown.

After the mother fucker came out, which felt more like a relieve or giving birth. A infection encapsulated at least twice as big came out.

Do you think I got painkiller's, like Codeine or Tramadol, after that?
No, I don't think so. We are a tough country, endurance is strenght!

Seems like other genetic's or 'pussy' people are the main problem for your 'opiod-crisis'.

Last edited:
tramadol isnt really that strong i would think. it should mostly just relax you i'm guessing.

but it still is a medication. that you will probably like. but also is not very potent.

if that is what they are willing to give you that's it, except they will most likely offer nsaids instead. if anything.

you can go get allot of remedies also right over the counter at the store. if you are still allowed in the place even. i guess you can with a mask.

good luck, best to you !!
Terrible advice for a recovering opioid addict. Tramadol can be incredibly addictive to certain people. It depends how you react on the SNRI effects and how you metabolize it to the stronger drug O-desmethyltramadol.

I'd try your luck with naproxen and else a dissociative like ketamine or 2f-dcketamine.

Best non opioid painkillers are ketamine (acute pain only really...unless infusion therapy works) or gabaergics (lyrics, benxos, etc).

There are some antidepressants that when taken long term can lower pain

Last edited:
I really do think in about 100 years we will learn so much about pain and sensations that things like acupuncture will surpass external substances for pain. Nature does a good job but humans are self righteous and have decided to weild power over people and restrict what they think they should. It is absolutely criminal to hold back meds from people out of fear. Saying all that I remember one doctor that prescribed me 4 hydrocodones (I still have them as a museum display) for dental surgery. 4 pills with an 8 page print out on how addictive the pills are. I could go into a supermarket if needed and probably come out with a fix of morphine. So why restrict?

Now we have a fentanyl problem and I directly blame politicians, lawmakers and all the other self righteous people for the deaths that happen. Pain relief should be a medical issue, not a criminal issue. A person should be able to see a doc and get what they need regardless of abuse by others. We would still have Tom Petty and Prince today if they had the substance they thought they had. Restricting is killing people more and as a result we have a black market that does not give a crap.

But there was one form of acupuncture that I had read about where a clothspin was clipped onto an earlobe with a cotton ball that was studied to stop pain signals and I do think in the future we will learn a lot more.