• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best (non-amph) study aid?

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
What drug helps you best with studying? My problems are primarily endurance and in particular with repeating things like words for learning a new language.

I already considered amphetamine and probably will continue trying to get a script for but it's hard around here and last time I couldn't just take it when needed as the rebound was quite heavy and sometimes bed-locking. Methylphenidate is better in this hindsight but has a horrible cardiac load.

Now we have a plethora of stuff out there, from racetams (tried pramiracetam and piracetam briefly, think they increased inner tension at sub-effective dosages but I would need to try again to be sure) over RC stims (of which some indeed don't share amph's rebound but I'd like to find something which isn't a stim at all) to exotics like the hypermnesic PRL-8-53 (which indeed appeals to me, it's a nonstim with huge safety margin and good data but so far I didn't find first hand reports).

Thanks for your responses!

Some nootropics are great for it. Piracetam is the classic and I find it helps with memory and multitasking. Noopept is a bit more of an acute effect and can be slightly stimulating and definitely good for thought clarity, especially snorted. Another one I really like is 9-me-BC, it's an MAOI that produces quite a nice effect on mood and motivation. I also really like semax and selank.

Forget chemicals. Hands down the greatest improvement in my academic work came from learning the Pomodoro Technique. Though stimulants didn’t do any harm.

Hey @plumbus-nine and company. Please don't think I'm a complete dick, but I don't really find threads like this to be totally in-line with the principles of our sub-forum. I feel that we are here first and foremost to help people who have concerns over their safety in relation to their substance use. I just don't feel that this sort of thing is a matter of personal safety. I don't have any problem with the question, I just like to keep the threads as open for HR discussion as possible. I think Drug Culture is better suited to these open-ended, matter-of-opinion issues. I'm going to move it over there.

@Xorkoth Interesting that you mention 9-me-BC, because it was on my radar before but didn't order due some not so good reviews on reddit. Maybe I need to give it a try anyways if I find a possibility to import it. Guess I need to stop any serotonergic antidepressants before using that though which won't be easy. I mixed venlafaxine with 4,4'-dimethylaminorex which is a MAOI too so I'm not too scared of them.

@Keif' Richards Thanks for moving, hopefully it's better suited here.

8-10 hrs of sleep. without a doubt

but if you must imbibe in a substance try green tea for a low dose of caffeine and l-theanine

I happen to have some decent experience using PRL-8-53.
It has me threading 16-20 numbers in a row with only looking at them for 10 seconds. Almost every time, different series of course. I took it for a while orally. Sublingually seems to give the longest effects, and the numbness is similar to that of kava, not as potent though.
I've added Compound 7p to my stack. You most CERTAINLY can sense axonal growth..:)
True story

A long lasting low dose opioid is very similar to amphetamine for studying. But you'll be left dependent on opiates