View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best music to listen to while tripping?

Here are a few that I enjoy:

Shpongle - The God Particle
Phunk Investigation - Acid Slider (Sheff remix)
Christopher Lloyd Clarke - Heaven and Earth

But generally I switch a lot, because when tripping it seems I'm nearly always unsatisfied with the current music. Ambient feels too sad, I notice all the errors in mixes... Generally I end up listening to psytrance or tribecore, until it tires me.

I actually liked listening to Metal on most of my LSD trips.
Sounds crazy, but I loved headbanging or moshing to Bands like Voivod (they covered a King Crimson song), Rammstein, TOOL, Metallica, Slayer, Slipknot and Lamb of God when tripping. Music like that increased my psychedelic euphoria and got me jumping like crazy, when in contrast... hippie music like Grateful Dead, Beatles, LOVE or Jefferson Airplane really made me wanna just turn off the music and listen to more Metal.

I really tried listening to that kinda stuff or goa music in general on psychedelics and couldn't help but feel nauseated at how fake and shallow the music felt to me.

But listening to Burn the Priest while peaking on 240 Micrograms really turned the trip into a crazy, baffling and batshit insane journey (in a positive way, kinda, lol)

Apart from that I really enjoy World Music or Classical Music when tripping. I really dig artists like Shpongle or Deep Forest. They would probably be your choice if metal's not your thing.

IMHO Shpongle is way better for dissociatives than classical psychedelics. Try listening to Shpongle on an M-hole or K-hole... be prepared for a journey!
Agreed, Shpongle was my go-to anytime I ventured into a ketamine "hole". I also really enjoyed them on tryptamines for their naturalistic sounds, but definitely achieved the full effect with dissociatives. For more traditional psychedelics, Mars Volta and Pink Floyd were the few out of many that truly stuck out for me.

I listen to such a variety depending on what I am using and my mood. If I get into a rough patch I can always count on Emancipator to soothe my mind. Kid Cudi, Ariana Grande, Rihanna, Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and Calvin Harris get a lot of play during my usual trips. Alternative rock is great to me as well. As a side note, while sometimes gritty, lyrical hip-hop really gets me going - it is the last thing I'd listen to on a serotonergic psychedelic. Well last except for maybe country and heavy metal.

anything trippy and electronic, Flying Lotus, Plaid, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Autechre... sometimes if you want a bit of a more relaxing rather than trippy mood I like Beach House, Bon Iver, Mac DeMarco, Bonobo. Some of the better psychedelic rock like Can, and jazz like Miles Davis can be fascinating too.

That's my personal fav for tripping myself the FUCK out.

Classical can bring euphoria like no other IME

Wagner, Mozart, Handel, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky

Full operas or even just a string concerto....something about those violins and other strings that can take you straight to heaven

Classical can bring euphoria like no other IME

Wagner, Mozart, Handel, Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky

Full operas or even just a string concerto....something about those violins and other strings that can take you straight to heaven

I love it too. I especially enjoy Vivaldi and Bach. I put some once but it was too intense for one of my friends so I turned it off.

1. Also, Stockhausen is likely the most amazing and headblowing stuff I use to listen while tripping:

[video]https://youtu.be/ePBB-NO8vKg[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/Fp4rHzGrZao[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/nIIndmV67jk[/video]​

shpongle, OTT, 1200 micrograms, tipper,desert dwellers, pretty lights, some TRAP music.. maybe some TOOL if I'm feelin for some rock-type music. mostly psy trance and ambient trance, and the like.

Whatever you normally like. All about old school prog house or psychedelic trance for me. Nothing sounds cooler than psychedelic trance.

This is a personal favourite: