View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best music to listen to while tripping?

TheUrbanShaman

Greenlighter
What are your personal favorite songs to listen to while youre high/ tripping? Im getting tired of the usual stuff I listen too and want to expand my music library. Some of my favorites are Liquid Visions- Morning Rain, Sweet Smoke- Darkness to light, Flying Lotus- Buried, Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon, Sweet Smoke- Silly Sally, and Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven.
8686783878_1292af6406_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just listen to whatever you enjoy while sober.

Or, another suggestion, try listening to music that OTHER people enjoy, but you DON'T. You may find that the psychedelics allow you to appreciate a new form of art! For me, listening to certain jazz records on LSD was an eye-opener. Pretty cool.

Some of my favorites for tripping are Boards of Canada, Tipper, Flying Lotus. My Bloody Valentine is really good as well, Robert Fripp & Brian Eno's "No Pussyfooting" album is great, lots of minimalist stuff like Terry Riley's "Persian Surgery Dervishes" (particularly good for coming up/beginning to peak), Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a great one.

When I'm tripping I prefer to listen to tracks I've only just found, or go looking for tracks I haven't heard. I wouldn't say my taste in music changes when I'm tripping but I do gravitate more towards happier sounding tracks. I become really immersed in the music when I'm tripping.
Your taste in music shouldn't really change when you're tripping. If it does then you probably need to re-evaluate your playlist and think about why you're listening to that music in the first place.

I'm a hip-hop head. I like it all as long as it's authentic. East coast, west coast, southside, chopped and screwed, UK hip hop... anything with witty lyrics, multisyllabic verses and a catchy beat.
Lately I've really been getting into UK hip hop and Boston-area hip-hop (7L & Esoteric, AOTP, Jedi Mind Tricks etc.).

I found this track the other day while spun on 2C-E and it really blew my mind (2nd and 3rd verses). I love the beat as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7tZeIObcLY

Apathy said:
You're always after the cash and after the ass
But you'll only be ashes and gas after the blast
It doesn't matter if ya made of matter or mass
I'm releasin raps so powerful they're shatterin' glass
^^^Fucking kills it.

Here's one I found later on that night; this one's funny as fuck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRpGFi8-0FE

Pantha du Prince - Diamond Daze, This Bliss, Black Noise, ..

The guy is a genius :)

Can never go wrong with classical....the strings will just take you in a ride....brings out the euphoria IMO ESP with LSD

If you like experimental electronic music or 'idm', download anything/everything by atom heart/uwe schmidt from ~96 (there's a lot of it all under different names) - shove it in a winamp playslist and randomise (i usually leave out the early techno). Some of that music is amazing and perfect for tripping (ymmv)

I can enjoy anything with a beat and a melody. Even a bloke tapping two tin cans together can be enjoyable.

About the only music I can't bare on lsd is perhaps screaming death metal

I second Shpongle. A favorite of mine (tripping or sober) is Between the Buried and Me, but if you're not into heavy music they might not be a good choice. If you are I highly recommend them, as they blend heavy metal and all sorts of other styles of music into one in a very interesting way. The album Colors by them would be a good place to start :)

IMHO Shpongle is way better for dissociatives than classical psychedelics. Try listening to Shpongle on an M-hole or K-hole... be prepared for a journey!