• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best music on MDMA?

Varies depending on set and setting.

If I'm candyflipping I love melodic morning psytrance. If I'm just on MDMA then progressive psy or wobble/crunk/glitch-hop.

Sometimes minimal, tech-house.

For non-electronic music, stuff like The Mars Volta, Battles, Flaming Lips, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky etc

Have to say in a year, I'm now more of a fan of Acid Techno/Psytrance/Gabba/Breakcore more so these days. Ended up at a ska/reggae the other night wiped out and it just wasn't the right drug for it.

Electronic music, guitars sound annoying on mdma, but excellent on other stims.

I think it matters on how you see the drug culturally. I started taking pills while cruising around in my friends car in high school and all we had playing was Nevermore, Slayer, Pantera, Opeth, stuff like that, I only got into electronic music like DnB and psytrance after moving to the UK when I was 19.

For me it's still perfectly normal to listen to rock or metal on MDMA. I think a lot of people just associate it with the rave culture, but at the end of the day, it's an euphoric stimulant that improves your music perception. Try listening to Wagner or Charlie Parker on MDMA, it's beautiful, classic, jazz, blues all sound beautiful on it. As do most types of electronic stuff, for me it's matter of taste.

I used to play guitar in a punk rock band in school and did a ton of gigs on E, for me bands like NOFX or Sublime are perfect on MDMA, I don't see it as a "rave" drug, honestly I don't think Shulgin listens to dubstep on it, it all goes down to personal taste.

Anything.

Fuck knows though, the last time I had decent pills me and the ex spent half the night in the bath listening to Duran Duran, Goldfrapp and Aha after Wibz and co abandoned us to go on some mission or other. MDMA will make me dance to anything.

Edit: Including the Eastenders theme tune

I think it matters on how you see the drug culturally. I started taking pills while cruising around in my friends car in high school and all we had playing was Nevermore, Slayer, Pantera, Opeth, stuff like that, I only got into electronic music like DnB and psytrance after moving to the UK when I was 19.

For me it's still perfectly normal to listen to rock or metal on MDMA. I think a lot of people just associate it with the rave culture, but at the end of the day, it's an euphoric stimulant that improves your music perception. Try listening to Wagner or Charlie Parker on MDMA, it's beautiful, classic, jazz, blues all sound beautiful on it. As do most types of electronic stuff, for me it's matter of taste.

I used to play guitar in a punk rock band in school and did a ton of gigs on E, for me bands like NOFX or Sublime are perfect on MDMA, I don't see it as a "rave" drug, honestly I don't think Shulgin listens to dubstep on it, it all goes down to personal taste.

Certainly for me there was a synergy effect between MDMA dancing, for me in the free party scene of the 90's, I can't comment about these days as I stopped taking it pretty much in around 2000.

The experience, for me of taking it outside of that environment was significantly lacking in comparison, the real buzz for me would be in the in the morning only the real ravers would be left and the pace would be relentless Hardcore / Techno, those hours between about 5am and 12pm totally lost in a trance of music , dancing ...freedom from everything, a loss of self, a shared consciousness, music just passing through you, limitless energy .....Ecstasy ;)

Varies depending on set and setting.

If I'm candyflipping I love melodic morning psytrance. If I'm just on MDMA then progressive psy or wobble/crunk/glitch-hop.

Sometimes minimal, tech-house.

For non-electronic music, stuff like The Mars Volta, Battles, Flaming Lips, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky etc

This. A small club full of people singing along to 'Do you realize?' by the flaming lips whilst out on MDMA is a beautiful thing<3

Myself I've always been more into the alternative/indie stuff but normally any decent house, hip hop and the like go down just fine.

mdma and rock music??? -Sorry but lol. What ever floats your boat I guess but it has to be electronic music while mashed, thats what it was made for and that is what the rave scene is based upon. Nothing beats uplifting synths, rolling breakbeats and stomping kick drums while your jaw is flying round the room at 1000mph. Dropping pills or mandy and listening to rock music is my idea of hell, they do not go together for me at all.

mdma and rock music??? -Sorry but lol. What ever floats your boat I guess but it has to be electronic music while mashed, thats what it was made for and that is what the rave scene is based upon. Nothing beats uplifting synths, rolling breakbeats and stomping kick drums while your jaw is flying round the room at 1000mph. Dropping pills or mandy and listening to rock music is my idea of hell, they do not go together for me at all.

Don't get me wrong the vast majority of times I dropped in my proper raving days was always with DnB, techno or psytrance, but really the music appreciation is something that for me works with any type of music. One of the nights in uni I remember more fondly was once, we went to a Drum and Base party, boshed a bunch of pills, then came back to halls and we were chilling in the room of one of those rock-music only extremists, I remember sitting down after another hefty dose of MD while stuff like Beach Boys and Led Zeppelin were being played and it was blissful.

MDMA pure also seems to chill me out lately, listeing to ambient or stuff like Boards of Canada while cuddling up in a sea of pillows is brilliant, but that's now after literally hundreds of pills and nights on MD.

trance, dance, house, drum n bass, dubstep. maybe hip hop. infact fuckit, every good song from every genre is worth a listen. even folk music would probably get me jigging around, lol.

it's blowing up right now actually in rap

songs like this with subwoofers are fucking money on MDMA

Boston George - Molly (Remix) (Feat. Meek Mill & Kirko Bangz)

and people can bag on Meek Mill all day idgaf I will fuck with anyone from Philly and Flamers was the shit back in high school people just start hating when a guy gets successful

I was always a heavy metal & rock fan and before taking my first E in the early '90's I couldn't stand rave music.
That all changed,once I had taken my first E or 2 I really started to see how great rave music was and I started to really enjoy it.
I went out and bought a 4 CD box set of classic rave tunes,and if we weren't going out then I'd have about 6-8 of my mates around my house and we would all drop a few pills each and stick on the boxset and have a great time just being in my living room.
My usual rock music just didn't go with the drug it had to be old style rave for me to get maximum enjoyment from my pills.

i am all about the psytrance when using mdma. love it.

alasdair