• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best Muscle Relaxer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most have said either diazepam or soma. Flexeril and Norflex are useless, although Norflex potentiates opiates nicely

I took Flexeril once & was knocked out. Those things are lousy, they made me groggy & tired, nasty feeling.

Yes, meprobamate is a carbamate and has no relation to barbiturates. It's just as similar to benzodiazepines as it is to barbiturates.

Carbamates are known for their skeletal muscle relaxant properties.

What site do carbamates bind at? I always assumed it was the same site as barbs (and qualones). Meprobamate looks sort of like an "unwrapped" barb. I'd never seen a separate receptor site mentioned for either of those classes of drugs. They all share the -C=O-N functional group, have relatively large doses, and are more "forceful" than benzos, and are not fully crosstolerant with benzos (you can have a heroic benzo tolerance, and still get high on soma/etc)

Barbs are as specifically nasty as they are in part due to their non-specificity. They don't just hit GABAA receptors, they act as antagonists at a bunch of other ligand gated ion channels. I'd assumed the carbamates bound at the same site, only much more selectively for GABAA receptors, and as a weaker agonist.

I'd argue that comparison of carbamates and barbs is significantly closer than that of benzos and barbs.

What site do carbamates bind at? I always assumed it was the same site as barbs (and qualones). Meprobamate looks sort of like an "unwrapped" barb. I'd never seen a separate receptor site mentioned for either of those classes of drugs. They all share the -C=O-N functional group, have relatively large doses, and are more "forceful" than benzos, and are not fully crosstolerant with benzos (you can have a heroic benzo tolerance, and still get high on soma/etc)

Barbs are as specifically nasty as they are in part due to their non-specificity. They don't just hit GABAA receptors, they act as antagonists at a bunch of other ligand gated ion channels. I'd assumed the carbamates bound at the same site, only much more selectively for GABAA receptors, and as a weaker agonist.

I'd argue that comparison of carbamates and barbs is significantly closer than that of benzos and barbs.

Agreed, but that doesn't make barbiturates muscle relaxants. That was my whole point.

methaqualone, secobarbital, etaqualone, pentobarbital...

Sorry to break it to you, but barbiturates aren't muscle relaxants. They do not have that property - and if they do, it is negligible at best or their muscle relaxant properties were at doses that were far beyond the toxic dosage.

Last edited:
Sorry to break it to you, but barbiturates aren't muscle relaxants. They do not have that property - and if they do, it is negligible at best or their muscle relaxant properties were at doses that were far beyond the toxic dosage.

what the fuck barbiturates are definately muscle relaxants.

what the fuck barbiturates are definately muscle relaxants.

Okay, prove it to me then. Find me one source. I've already debated this with K'd out in AZ. He couldn't find anything. If they were muscle relaxants, there would be no need for a muscle relaxant to be added for euthanasia.

Read:

Intravenous administration is the most reliable and rapid way to accomplish euthanasia and therefore can be safely recommended. A coma is first induced by intravenous administration of 20 mg/kg thiopental sodium (Nesdonal) in a small volume (10 ml physiological saline). Then, a triple dose of a non-depolarizing skeletal muscle relaxant is given, such as 20 mg pancuronium bromide (Pavulon) or 20 mg vecuronium bromide (Norcuron). The muscle relaxant should be given intravenously to ensure optimal availability but pancuronium bromide may be administered intramuscularly at an increased dosage level of 40 mg.

Why do you need a muscle relaxant for euthanasia in the first place? Seems like you could kill yourself just fine with barbituates alone.

For what little it's worth I've always heard barbituates do not have the muscle relaxant properties of benzos.

Why do you need a muscle relaxant for euthanasia in the first place? Seems like you could kill yourself just fine with barbituates alone.

For what little it's worth I've always heard barbituates do not have the muscle relaxant properties of benzos.

They don't. If they did, it would be far over their lethal dose.

Okay, prove it to me then. Find me one source. I've already debated this with K'd out in AZ. He couldn't find anything. If they were muscle relaxants, there would be no need for a muscle relaxant to be added for euthanasia.

Read:

They may not be but I think he is just going on experience as I was. You'll notice they do relax the tension in your muscles by simply reducing anxiety. It may not have actual skeletal muscle relaxant properties but it will relieve tension. There is nothing I can find regarding to barbs being muscle relaxants but not everything comes in a book, its simple experience. The effects may not be significant enough to be written down.

Last edited:
somas are, i don't do them often but when i do i take 4 at a time, but i don't reccommend at that, they are major downers and make you real sleepy and me personally i don't like that, but as for muscle relaxing they are wonderful.

Abusing Soma

Muscle relaxer scripts are not controlled substances, generally if you walk in with muscle spasms you will get either soma/flexeril, whatever the doctor thinks is best. It's worth asking him, they are useful to have around if you get a bad spasm every so often.

You shouldn't drink on soma nor flexeril, both make you drowsy and you should avoid adding another CNS depressant (alcohol) to the mix. You can't really abuse muscle relaxers IMO (I don't, maybe others disagree on this). You would only take the muscle relaxer when you were feeling bad, not daily, so you just definitely wouldn't take it if you planned to drink.

While I am no expert I will say this... my wife was taking soma for muscle tension when we first met and for awhile after we were married, but I didn't know just how many she took. I found out that they made her feel good and she was hooked on them taking up to 10 a day.. yep 10. I worked a lot so I wasn't home that much until later in the evenings and she would be tired.. I assumed from work, cleaning etc... but I was home one day and watched her while I was playing on the computer and kept seeing her get one or two out over the course of several hours until later in the evening she was standing folding towels and completely keeled over from a standing position onto the floor.. like you cut a tree down.. SMACK! it was then that I told her the SOMA goes or I go.. .your choice

While I am no expert I will say this... my wife was taking soma for muscle tension when we first met and for awhile after we were married, but I didn't know just how many she took. I found out that they made her feel good and she was hooked on them taking up to 10 a day.. yep 10. I worked a lot so I wasn't home that much until later in the evenings and she would be tired.. I assumed from work, cleaning etc... but I was home one day and watched her while I was playing on the computer and kept seeing her get one or two out over the course of several hours until later in the evening she was standing folding towels and completely keeled over from a standing position onto the floor.. like you cut a tree down.. SMACK! it was then that I told her the SOMA goes or I go.. .your choice

Don't you think you were a bit tough on your wife? No one wants to be an addict......it happened to be that she happened to enjoy what her doctor prescribed a bit too much.

I love somas as well but I have never taken more than 4 in one day conbined with my vicodin.

Just try to be more considerate of a mild soma addiction.....at least she isn't working the corner & shooting up heroin.

I don't know the relationship you have with your wife so don't take my comments too personal.

As far as which muscle relaxers are the best, nothing compares to Somas.......

You shouldn't drink on soma nor flexeril

Not sure about Soma but drinking on top of Flexeril is a recipe for disaster if you idiotically chase the mix with a potent benzo . On me it caused a near-complete loss of muscle tone leaving me unable to stand up, had to crawl on all fours for movement and even that required careful planning ahead, good thing the brain remains unaffected. Trip to ER and treatment with mysterious IV substances fixed it but it took all night and I had to stay in hospital for 3 days "in observation" at ICU even though I felt fine.

I use naproxen sodium, its a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Works with muscle aches, arthritis and many other issues. Plus its otc so wont be an issue if you need to test clean. Take a dose with glass of water, go take a hot shower, by the time you're out, you'll melt into your bed.

soma is the strongest but addictive yet works very well. 2nd choice skelaxin doesn't make you feel any different but relaxes the tight or spasing muscles. Best one is klonopin..nothing compares to it. that's addictive too and is a benzo but melts the muscle pain away for about 8 hrs with just one pill.

Besides meds, massage is amazing for your situation and acupuncture. Jump into a hot tub or hot bath with epsion salt. yoga does wonders. ice or heat. There is a product for muscles that are tight, spasms, or torn muscles its little spendy and blue colored cream. if your interested I can email the site to u.

maybe baclofene also... depends on the root of your muscle tension

Status
Not open for further replies.