• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best methods to minimize anxiety & body temp?

Ringfinger

Bluelighter
I'm trying MDMA again after 5 years of abstinence. The reason why I stopped MDMA was due to freaking out the previous 3 times. I'm talking having a very fast heart rate, feeling like I'm going into critical condition, and seeking medical help. And yes, it was MDMA that I took.

Now to avoid freaking out, I want to start out on a very low dose (50mg) to let the physical effects come on gradually. Does this sound like a good idea? I also plan on rolling at home as opposed to a club where it won't be hot and I will be in a comfortable environment. What else can I do to make this roll as safe as possible?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably won't feel anything from 50mg. I would recommend 75-100mg. How much did you take in the past when you freaked out? It's a good idea to do it at home. You could try taking a longer lasting benzo (klonopin) but it will dull the roll a bit.

50mg is pretty low, but might be useful in your situation. you can always go from there. like supersoup has had, having a benzo on hand is always a good idea if anxiety is a possibility.

Bag of frozen peas on your head.

I'm serious. Keeps you cool and (for some reason) is really calming.

Probably only appropriate for home, tho.

Yeah if you're trying to start at threshold levels I'd at least take 70mg-90mg. Good mdma gets pretty heavy at 100mg without tolerance. Drink a few glasses of cold water throughout the roll, but not too many because you could get water intoxication. Keep a fan around for if you get hot and if you're too cold take a warm shower or bath.

You probably won't feel anything from 50mg. I would recommend 75-100mg. How much did you take in the past when you freaked out? It's a good idea to do it at home. You could try taking a longer lasting benzo (klonopin) but it will dull the roll a bit.

110-120mg weighed with a scale. The roll wasn't even that strong, it was only the comeup period when I felt very freaked out to the point where I thought I was going to get a heart attack. I will look into the beznos. It will probably be bromazepam.

Bag of frozen peas on your head.

I'm serious. Keeps you cool and (for some reason) is really calming.

Probably only appropriate for home, tho.

I'll seriously consider that.

110-120mg weighed with a scale. The roll wasn't even that strong, it was only the comeup period when I felt very freaked out to the point where I thought I was going to get a heart attack. I will look into the beznos. It will probably be bromazepam.

Maybe you could space out the initial dose. Like take 60mg and take 40/50mg 20 or 30 minutes later ? Should make the comeup more gradual, but also stretched out longer.
I too experience a pretty heavy comeup at 100-125mg, I have to lay down for a few minutes. After that it's over and I can enjoy fully.

I'm trying MDMA again after 5 years of abstinence. The reason why I stopped MDMA was due to freaking out the previous 3 times. I'm talking having a very fast heart rate, feeling like I'm going into critical condition, and seeking medical help. And yes, it was MDMA that I took.

Now to avoid freaking out, I want to start out on a very low dose (50mg) to let the physical effects come on gradually. Does this sound like a good idea? I also plan on rolling at home as opposed to a club where it won't be hot and I will be in a comfortable environment. What else can I do to make this roll as safe as possible?

Thanks

I know you said it was MDMA - were you testing it? Five years ago the scene (pretty much globally) was flooded with piperazines which are known to increase body temperature / increase anxiety (due to the stimulant effect).

Your dose should be between 90 / 150 as a starting dose (less will work with zero tolerance but [since you have experience] may make you feel bored and wanting more).

Get yourself a test kit - once you have tested your gear then you know what to expect. If your taking at home, depending on your weather - then either put on a heater, a fan, the A/C unit and relax (do not do 'extremes' with hot water or ice/frozen products.). Before getting high, set your shower to a just warm setting (then you know that if you need it, you can hop in the shower and that temperature is correct).

Failing that and you want to cool down quickly, run your wrists under cold water.

I know you said it was MDMA - were you testing it? Five years ago the scene (pretty much globally) was flooded with piperazines which are known to increase body temperature / increase anxiety (due to the stimulant effect).

Your dose should be between 90 / 150 as a starting dose (less will work with zero tolerance but [since you have experience] may make you feel bored and wanting more).

Get yourself a test kit - once you have tested your gear then you know what to expect. If your taking at home, depending on your weather - then either put on a heater, a fan, the A/C unit and relax (do not do 'extremes' with hot water or ice/frozen products.). Before getting high, set your shower to a just warm setting (then you know that if you need it, you can hop in the shower and that temperature is correct).

Failing that and you want to cool down quickly, run your wrists under cold water.
Agreed, good advice bearlove. And OP even if you don't want to cool down, run your wrists under cold water, it's HEAVENLY =D be sure to buy a vicks inhaler as well if you never tried that, even more heavenly than running cold water over your wrists

Adding (untested) prefix. OP if you did test your drugs let me know, I'll change it

Yes I tested it with EZ test's kit. It definitely wasn't pipes, I had the misfortune of taking them a few years prior.

Thanks for the tips, especially the cooling off the wrists part. BTW why would I want to make myself warmer? Wouldn't that be dangerous?

Agreed, good advice bearlove. And OP even if you don't want to cool down, run your wrists under cold water, it's HEAVENLY =D be sure to buy a vicks inhaler as well if you never tried that, even more heavenly than running cold water over your wrists

Adding (untested) prefix. OP if you did test your drugs let me know, I'll change it

Tested.