• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best Method of Getting High?

JSuarez1337

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here and I've been smoking weed for a while now. Bowls and blunts don't get me high anymore, and a bong burns up too much weed. What way can I look into smoking that' leave me just as high as I used to get in the freshman days? It may be useful to know that I smoke mid-grade pot considering it's a little expensive for the medical grade.

No one can answer your question. You have heard of tolerance, right? You will never get stoned like you did unless you take a break for awhile. I'm also surprised that you think bongs burn too much weed. Most people think bongs are the best way to get high if your tolerance is up.

It's also more expensive for medical grade, but you put yourself in a situation where you either have to smoke more mid-grade.

How long have you been smoking?

Try a break as bennyZA offered, or for a safer ingesting approach, you can try out a vaporizer. The high is definitely different from smoking with a lighter and you will definitely conserve as it takes much less cannabis to get you high.

No one can answer your question. You have heard of tolerance, right? You will never get stoned like you did unless you take a break for awhile. I'm also surprised that you think bongs burn too much weed. Most people think bongs are the best way to get high if your tolerance is up.

It's also more expensive for medical grade, but you put yourself in a situation where you either have to smoke more mid-grade.

How long have you been smoking?

A while now everyday for the past year. I stopped smoking expensive weed for the larger quantity of mids. I mean, my tolerance is defiantly high but should I eat it or burn it a different way? sometimes I feel like when I put the flame right up to the bud it just burns it ip

The first recommendation would be a tolerance break. I have my MMJ card and i was smoking daily for over a year and lots. I could not get that high. I took 2 weeks without smoking and was back to getting ripped off one bowl. recommendation #2 is switch to BHO it will satisfy you but make weed much much less enjoyable. After smoking nothing but oil for a while, smoking a bowl of weed would be like having a cigarette. BHO is the way to go. Best way to get high IMO.

You're a stoner now! One of us! One of us!

Only thing I can think of is to get a really good vape. Not a pen, but a legit vape. They're expensive though. Once you get one, buy the better weed. Since vape high is a little different, it might seem like you get higher a few times. But it will be the same after awhile. Once you've become a stoner, good vape is your best bet in general. Start buying good weed cause you can conserve better.

BHO is an idea, but once you start you an never go back. Weed just won't be the same and you'll build a tolerance to that.

Sorry bro, welcome to the world of drugs

Ay1253, clear out your mail folders. You can only hold on to 5 pieces of mail until you're a bluelighter

Bongs for efficiency, joints for enjoyment, just my 2c.

If you can't get high off bongs then you pretty much need to get better weed, start making concentrates, start making edible cannabis products or take a tolerance break. Bongs are pretty much regarded as the most efficient way to get high, with maybe bucket bongs, hot knives and large blunts being the exception but they aren't that viable to do all the time. Blunts and buckets rip up your lungs and throat, large blunts use lots of weed and hot knives just aren't convenient to do a lot of places. Some people will argue that vapes are as or more efficient than bongs but this is widely contested, I have never used a vape but I would guess if you like sativa's vapes are more likely to be for you as it does seem to be a more THC based up head high.

^ Bang on DM. I own a vape & it never gets used compared to the billy. The most efficient way I have found is to vape some kief & have a fat bowl or two to finish it off.

You could eat your pot. Seems to provide the highest high you can get with weed.

You're a stoner now! One of us! One of us!

can i be one of you too? i've been a stoner for half a decade o.o i'm gettin old.

@op go for bongs. you may be burning more weed in one hit but in the long run you're burning less weed. and take a break. u wouldn't believe how stoned you'd get if u didnt smoke for a week.

if you're smoking regular weed then the reason you aren't getting high is because you're not smoking real weed. I feel kinda like an asshole for saying since I don't know what your hometown is like but regular or "mid grade" weed doesn't really exist in my region outside of junior high schools and inner cities. even some of the less fortunate areas around here deal mostly in "kush" or "white people weed", selling it in stupidly small amounts but still.

my advice? get the good shit, get the best shit in fact. I remember when me and my friends were first switching we thought "its better, but still more bang for your buck to buy shwag" which just ain't true. with good genetics marijuana can be much more than a high. taste, smell, look, not to mention that different strains vary in effect. maybe i'm dead wrong? i'm the type of guy that doesn't really care whether or not pot is part of his day. if it's the best around i'll smoke even if it's just to get a taste, but if it isn't a pleasure to just hold in my hand I'd rather smoke nothing at all.

^Mids are nice if you just like smoking a lot but don't want to smoke cigs or more harmful substances. That's why I like mids. I want to smoke more to get high.

OT: Best method is also the most expensive and that's the Volcano Vaporizer. 2nd best is other decent vapes.

Last edited:
Before I get to my suggestions, I just wanted to say that although I get where everyone's coming from with the vaporizers, I personally think that the high from a vape is only worth it if you invest a lot of money, and since the OP said he was just smoking mid's to save money...?

Anyway, these are my tips:

1. Take a break to save money for a few weeks/months and go in on medicinal grade weed, it's fucking worth it.
2. Use one of those big ass homemade gravity bongs made out of half a soda bottle in a bucket...I don't care if it's mid's or whatever that you're smoking, that gives you a very concentrated hit.
3. Mix it with tobacco and roll some spliffs - it usually elevates my weed high in an indescribable way.

But yea...go with high grade weed if anything. No. 2 and 3 are just suggestions to get you higher. =D

Last edited:
I have an Ariser Q vaporizer and I love it. Costs about 1/3 as a Volcano and works like a charm. My local headshop sells all the replacement parts and its easy to keep clean.