• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids BEST method for IV Fentanyl gel? Tolerance/OD is NOT an issue, just want BEST method

ILikeToEatPeople

Greenlighter
Providing that someone were to easily have a big enough tolerance that injecting an entire 25mcg/h (so 2.5mg or more) fentanyl path (i.e. Duragesic or generic equivalent with gel) would have a LITERALLY ZERO chance of overdose, what would be the best method for actually preparing the fentanyl gel and injecting?

Much of the search engine results are contradictory or vague and many/most comments seem to just simply be warnings not to attempt IV fentanyl due to potency while methodology isn't really mentioned. Just curious as to the best method.

Would it make sense to simply extract the gel from a patch, place gel in a spoon, combine with a sterile solution (i.e. distilled water or saline etc), mix thoroughly and then inject like normal? Would there be any reason to heat/"cook" the mixed solution? Is there a totally different way this should be done altogether for preparing to IV?

Also, NOT including overdose what other potential dangers would there be from injecting the gel from a fentanyl patch?

What is the rush from IV fentanyl comparable to in terms of other opioids? Plenty of people say that it's decent but of course not as good as something like Hydromorphone or Oxymorphone (the true kings) while other people say that the rush from IV fentanyl is basically non-existent. What's the real deal?

Please, no warnings about the dangers of overdose from fentanyl. It is fully understood exactly how potent it is at 100% bioavailability and precisely how it stacks up with current tolerance.

Let me start by saying I personally have never done this but I have a close friend who does so take with a grain of salt. He is prescribed to the patches and before iv'ing he puts the patch in the microwave for a short amount of time and just sucks out the gel with his rig and blasts. I never seen him do it but he says he does it all the time. When I have done it I mixed the gel with water heated and stirred then did it. The rush for me was pretty good but definitely a different type of rush if that makes sense. It feels well, synthetic while h feels more organic. That may sound silly but that's the only way I can explain it

Let me start by saying I personally have never done this but I have a close friend who does so take with a grain of salt. He is prescribed to the patches and before iv'ing he puts the patch in the microwave for a short amount of time and just sucks out the gel with his rig and blasts. I never seen him do it but he says he does it all the time. When I have done it I mixed the gel with water heated and stirred then did it. The rush for me was pretty good but definitely a different type of rush if that makes sense. It feels well, synthetic while h feels more organic. That may sound silly but that's the only way I can explain it

Is it necessary to filter as well (i.e. with cotton or whatever) or did you just straight up mix the gel with water and then did it?

Sorry, no I used a cotton. Don't know if it's necessary I've just always used a cotton

This is such a bad idea not even sure to fentanyl strength I don't know where to start.... It's your one and only body to destroy though

I have also frozen the patches, then take a small chunk and voprized it or snorted it. That worked pretty well. Food for thought I guess. Be careful though I've seen fent take down more than a few hardcore junkies

This is such a bad idea not even sure to fentanyl strength I don't know where to start.... It's your one and only body to destroy though

It was made very clear that the strength of fentanyl is fully understood and is fully taken into account in regards to current tolerance. If a person has a tolerance of which 2.5mg of fentanyl taken all at once has a LITERALLY ZERO chance of overdose then there is no problem with taking 2.5mg all at once. The information requested is simply to figure out what is the best method for injecting the gel from a patch.

If you have anything specific to say in terms of harm reduction or methodology for using IV fentanyl gel from a patch then by all means please speak your mind. Don't just say it's bad. Thank you.

I have also frozen the patches, then take a small chunk and voprized it or snorted it. That worked pretty well. Food for thought I guess. Be careful though I've seen fent take down more than a few hardcore junkies

What is the point of freezing a patch? What benefit does it have? As far as the gel goes, a person can simply put a bit on some foil and vaporize it. Does freezing before doing this have some sort of benefit?

Also, as far as snorting it doing you think it would be better to freeze a patch and then snort of a bit or just let some gel dry and then snort? Does freezing make it better somehow? Is there a difference? Is freezing it quicker than letting the gel dry?

Honestly not sure. I've always just frozen them if I wanted to snort them. It crushes up nice and just makes it easier to snort. Never tried drying it but I would think that would work just as well. Just trying to give the guy options

Just a question in the drying part can someone explain how to try the gel in detail for iv use please