• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best method for isopropyl hash.

BlueBombastusVonHo

Greenlighter
Specifically when using kif as material.
Bud and also a mixture of the 2.
1. When using kif how long do you want to agitate before filtering30-45seconds or 1-2 mins?
2. When filtering thru coffee filter should you squeeze and try and get the liquid concentrate out fast or gradually squeeze? (I fear chlorophyll)
3. Using electric griddle what temp is best and how long to have it on heat for?
Any other useful tips would be great I've had years of success and experimenting but would love others passionate about this to let me know there valuable input please and thank you.

The shorter the wash, the better the product. The last batch I made I didn't even let it sit, I just put the buds in a conical coffee filter and poured the iso over/through it directly onto a dish for evaporation. It came out awesome, but there's definitely more THC in the plant matter. If you're trying to get all the actives out, I don't think anything longer than 30 seconds is really necessary based on my own experience. I do squeeze the liquid out of the plant matter, I haven't tried it without doing that but the result would undoubtedly be more pure.

I wouldn't bother with heat. Just put a fan over a plate with the iso on it. It takes several hours, I usually leave it overnight. The longer you leave it to evap, the better the product I've noticed.