• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best Medicine To Replace Methadone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalGamer

Greenlighter
I'4e been a daily opiate user for about 4 years now because of chronic pain.
I was taking taking 30-50 mg of methadone out of doctors care because i did not have medical insurance
I am now on the kaiser network and i had told my doctor almost everything but the part that i was buying someone's else s prescription.
I told him i was in someone's else care outside the network. So he prescribed me to norco's 10mg/325tylenol and referred me to pain management.
Now my question is what pain medicine would work best for me without going back to methadone.
I'm currently taking about 10 norcos a day.

Last edited:
Morphine is the best replacement, try it before you ask your doctor about oxycodone.

Please read the BLUA and OD guidelines, we do not allow price discussion.

i would suggest oxycodone

ok cool man. just gotta find out what the doc says in 2 weeks when i see him.
is there anything that i can take to increase the norco effect.
Something i can get my hands on without a doc or drug dealer.

^ morphine might be better for you, it is still the best painkiller

im biased because i love to get high off oxycodone :)

ok you can buy tagamet (cimitidine), DXM syrup (make sure there are no other active ingredients that come in the cough syrup, just DXM), and benedryl (diphenhydramine).

tagamet will increase the duration of action of the hydrocodone, DXM will prevent tolerance from growing (NMDA-antagonism) and add a nice buzz to the high, and bendryl will help you nod out and add sedation.

^ morphine might be better for you, it is still the best painkiller

im biased because i love to get high off oxycodone :)

ok you can buy tagamet (cimitidine), DXM syrup (make sure there are no other active ingredients that come in the cough syrup, just DXM), and benedryl (diphenhydramine).

tagamet will increase the duration of action of the hydrocodone, DXM will prevent tolerance from growing (NMDA-antagonism) and add a nice buzz to the high, and bendryl will help you nod out and add sedation.

OMG! your a life saver thats exactly what i was hoping to hear. it hits me ok for like 2 hours and bam gone
and since methadone lasted me with all day with just 30mg.
I just want the norcos to last longer to last longer so i can take less.

Last edited:
Depending on how bad you get the opiate itches, the benadryl also helps with that.

Switching from hydrocodone, I'd move on to a generic oxycodone 10 or 15 mg or hydromorphone 2mg generic (if pain is just awful).

Do you know if your doctor is rx'ing for painkillers with tylenol to use the tyenol as an extra pain reliever or just because the non-tylenol pain meds are too strong to prescribe for you?

I'm not speaking on his behalf by any means, but the odds are.... when he gets to pain management, he's just going to have to make his way up the ladder. That's usually how it goes, not always, but usually. Start on the weakest, and slowly build to the strongest, if it's needed...

...OP, just don't ever tell them you were self medicating with methadone you were buying off of the street.

I'm not speaking on his behalf by any means, but the odds are.... when he gets to pain management, he's just going to have to make his way up the ladder. That's usually how it goes, not always, but usually. Start on the weakest, and slowly build to the strongest, if it's needed...

...OP, just don't ever tell them you were self medicating with methadone you were buying off of the street.

Thats the thing i will never tell my doctor about that i just said i was served outside the network. Well I dont think they will place me on the bottom of the list because kaiser is really good with charting everything and they will know what i have been taken and how much.

Switching from hydrocodone, I'd move on to a generic oxycodone 10 or 15 mg or hydromorphone 2mg generic (if pain is just awful).

Do you know if your doctor is rx'ing for painkillers with tylenol to use the tyenol as an extra pain reliever or just because the non-tylenol pain meds are too strong to prescribe for you?

If you don't mind me asking how many and how strong was you dosage? of hydro?

Hydrocodone/APAP combination formulations are Schedule III in the US, which involve much less DEA paperwork and are much less regulated relative to Schedule II narcotics (everything from pure codeine to pure hydrocodone to fentanyl).

It's funny how doctors are so hesitant to give out CII narcotics due to the DEA harassing them about it, but give out CII stimulants like candy, indefinitely, for the rest of their patients' lives.

I suppose that most street stimulant users only want the low-side effect (and subsequently, high abuse potential) crystal methamphetamine, whereas street opiate would be happy with several different opioids if they couldn't find their dope, as most of them don't have dramatically different side effects, with the exception of high-dose codeine and hydrocodone.

I was on anywhere from 100-120 mg hydrocdone daily.

@EM

Yeah it is so stupid for doctors to be playing politics with peoples pain because the FDA dealers and DEA Narcs are out and about. Its funny, when I was discharged from back surgery saturday my neurosurgeon's fellow tried to write me a CII script with refills and then rewrote it and had to count on his fingers how many pills it means if you take one every 2 hours and then multiplying it by 2 weeks! It was a fucking joke to think this guy may have been involved in some part of my surgery but cant count worth shit and doesnt know the regs for CII scripts.

morphine is probably best for analgesia, but oxy has he avantage of being less "heavy", and makes you less "stoned" than oxy

ok so im going to buy Tagamet HB 200 Tablets 6 TB today and was wondering what would be the procedures on taking it with norco?
Like do i take them together? witch do i take first? and how many of each?

My normal dosage of norco's are 30 mg at a time. thanks plz let me know

Last edited:
Take the tagamet 1 hour before you dose your hydros homie

You should also eat some tums an hour before you dose your hydros---the less acidic your stomach environment the better.

If you were taking methadone for several years, I dont think norcos would help much........I would go for morphine.

I'4e been a daily opiate user for about 4 years now because of chronic pain.
I was taking taking 30-50 mg of methadone out of doctors care because i did not have medical insurance
I am now on the kaiser network and i had told my doctor almost everything but the part that i was buying someone's else s prescription.
I told him i was in someone's else care outside the network. So he prescribed me to norco's 10mg/325tylenol and referred me to pain management.
Now my question is what pain medicine would work best for me without going back to methadone.
I'm currently taking about 10 norcos a day.
You gotta get back on methadone! Norcos and oxys, thats the minor leagues :)

You revived a four year old thread to give advice to someone who's not around.... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.