• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best LSA tek hands down.

No offense, but there's one definite flaw there, and then there's something that is debatable as a flaw or not depending on your opinion.

The definite flaw is the lactose. Cutting drugs isn't easy. You have to thoroughly mix the stuff at the smallest of scales so as to ensure that there will not be variable pockets of stronger or weaker mix. And that is when you have a nice, pure, pharm-grade product. It looks easy to get an even mix, but it isn't as easy as it appears, and the critical part to getting an even mix is to ensure that the cut and the active are both similar texturally.

The resulting extract from this method is going to be a giant mess of alkaloids and other assorted plant compounds, because it's not an acid-base extraction. You're using IPA, which is a somewhat polar solvent, but can also dissolve some less polar stuff as well. The result will contain pretty much every alkaloid in the plant that is soluble at the pH of the water-IPA mix (unless you have truly anhydrous IPA, which I doubt, even reagent grade has a little water in there). That little bit of water will also include some stuff that won't be soluble in IPA alone, though the amount will be small since the water isn't that plentiful.

But my point is you'll have this stuff made out of pretty much everything, that is going to be a complex mix, possibly including hydrated polymorphs if there's enough water and the crystallization technique is off. So it's going to be dense, sticky, and not at all textured like lactose. The chances of getting it all mixed together neatly and evenly even if you try using a coffee grinder is low, low, low. So why even include the lactose? It's not necessary, and worse than not necessary, because it will forever ensure that you can't truly calibrate your doses due to uneven mixing. If somebody's that bent on insufflating an impure mixture of plant compounds, adding excess milk sugar to gum everything up and produce sickeningly sweet drip on top of fucking up dose titration is just a horrible sounding idea, just sniff the extract itself if you've got a raging hardon for using LSA intranasally.

And then the debatable part. I would say that anything other than an acid-base extraction is just amateur, and yields impure product, and leaves product behind as well. In all seriousness an acid-base extraction is just about easier than baking a cake, probably easier than cooking steak reliably to medium-rare. It's kitchen chemistry at its most kitchen-y. Even if the idea of learning a little bit of chemistry makes your anal sphincter clamp up like an oyster, you can still follow the kiddie directions in one or more teks designed for exactly that purpose anywhere on the net. And if you're willing to put in thirty minutes of learning, then you can use the adult teks and actually understand what's going on.

But either way, totally ignorant or fully theoretically mastered, and anywhere in between, there's an acid-base process written up somewhere easy to find that you can follow. This is not negotiable, not in doubt in any way: if you can master the skill of *mixing together liquids*, you can handle such an extraction. And the product is vastly superior, and you get bragging rights for doing something cool. So I won't go so far as to say that using IPA is in and of itself a flaw. I think it is silly and produces a poorer product for barely any less effort and time, but that's my opinion, not absolute truth. The lactose though has to go, there's no reason to mess up your product, it's totally weird and counterproductive to do.

Since LSD tartrate is much more stable than LSD base, would it not make sense to add some tartaric acid to the LSA at some point? You wouldn't want excess tartaric acid though, being quite bitter, so I guess you would need to check the pH until it's neutral or just slightly acidic. LSA base will probably degrade in light like LSD base.

Since LSD tartrate is much more stable than LSD base, would it not make sense to add some tartaric acid to the LSA at some point? You wouldn't want excess tartaric acid though, being quite bitter, so I guess you would need to check the pH until it's neutral or just slightly acidic. LSA base will probably degrade in light like LSD base.

This is why A/B is again better than a simple isopropanol extraction. With the IPA method, you're getting the compounds as whatever salts they were in the plant. Even if an IPA extraction yielded 100% LSA and nothing else, you'd still have a mixed product as far as physical properties (not pharmacological properties obviously) because you'd get LSA as multiple salts mixed together. I don't know what those salts would be, since I don't know the relative abundance of various anions in the plant matter or even what the identities of the various choices are, but since IPA extraction doesn't actually yield 100% pure LSA, far from it in fact, you're not only getting a whole host of compounds, you're getting a whole host of compounds and each individual compound will be present as a mixture of its various salts.

With an A/B you know what you're getting because you know what you have in the various solutions. To yield pure salts of the extracted compounds via IPA you'd need to liberate freebase, extract with nonpolar solvent, and then properly salt, probably including recrystallization if you want to get out some of the extra plant junk. And that means you basically just did an A/B, so why not just do it in the first place and be professional about it?

EDIT: I should add that in both my posts I missed the part that involves half water half ethanol. Because of this process, and the fact that you're evaporating this rather than the IPA as the final evaporation, you're *definitely* going to have not just a mixture of compounds, each of which is a mixture of various salts, but an even more complex extract that is a mixture of desirable and undesirable chemicals, each of which is a mixture of salts, *and* each salt is probably going to exist in various hydrated polymorphs. So the end result is going to be as confusing of a mix of stuff chemically speaking as is possible.

I guess the LSA must already be in a salt form in the seeds. If it was base it would dissolve in the first step in most of these extraction methods, washing with petroleum ether. It's probably a phytate, since seeds usually have a lot of phytic acid in them.

That must mean that if you wanted to turn it into LSH by mixing with an acetaldehyde source you probably have to basify it first to get it to react. If you used wine as the acetaldehyde source I guess you'd have to basify the wine first because it would be naturally acidic. Then adding the LSA phytate or whatever would basify it as it's added. Then you'd have to keep the whole thing out of light while reacting and then acidify the mixture again by adding tartaric acid or whatever. Then you got yourself some LSH wine.

The article linked by Weasel7 mentions using cloves of garlic to get rid of the cyanoglucosides. Sounds like a good step to include in any seed extraction. So that's why they make you so sick.

Last edited:
^^ Can anybody confirm that this idea is actually sound? I don't know how 'free' the sulfur in the sulfuric garlic compounds is, ie how likely it is to react with other compounds. I'm skeptical about the garlic, but if anybody can either confirm from experience that it works (preferably multiple trials / trips to ensure it wasn't just a one-time fluke) or confirm that it is theoretically sound that would be great.

i have a question, is there any way you can take the powder and make into a liquid solution?

Kash's LSA tek on DMT-Nexus says you can put pure LSA extract into a 2-1 ratio of distilled water and 75%+drinkable alcohol solution (like everclear) (10ml distilled water and 5ml everclear for example).

His tek results in a very pure extract though and the steps differ from this method so not sure if it would work the same, but I assume so. Also it has a good note about potentiation at the end of the tek. Worth reading.

edit: It's also noteworthy that LSA degrades quickly in open air. Heat and light also do not help. It is actually best to store it in liquid form for longer term storage.

Last edited:
It is actually best to store it in liquid form for longer term storage.

I was under the impression that that was a myth

Also it has a good note about potentiation at the end of the tek. Worth reading.

That seems to be a myth too. Might want to check out the following thread (begin with the post linked to; read the whole thing later): link

That's my thread and it needs a ton of work. Downloads for research paper need to be updated, for one. Eventually a wiki or something need to be created for morning glory seeds in deconstruct the sporadic and complicated information we have on them.

Is there any reason why you couldn't use 91% IPA and 95% grain alcohol to speed up evaporation times?

I've read that LSA is sensitive to light. What step(s) should be done in darkness? Is the extract light-stable by the end of the process?

^^ Can anybody confirm that this idea is actually sound? I don't know how 'free' the sulfur in the sulfuric garlic compounds is, ie how likely it is to react with other compounds. I'm skeptical about the garlic, but if anybody can either confirm from experience that it works (preferably multiple trials / trips to ensure it wasn't just a one-time fluke) or confirm that it is theoretically sound that would be great.

Garlic contains diallyl sulfide and Allicin, which "were beneficial in acute CN intoxications. Allicin breaks down spontaneously to form a variety of organosulfur molecules, such as diallyl-sulfide, diallyl-disulfide and diallyl trisulfide. In the presence of oil, allicin is transformed to ajoene and vinyl-dithiins[85,86]." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4482825/).

garlic.jpg

(Picture not from that paper)

Since cyanogenic glycosides are the cyanide storage of plants, and as such not toxic by themselves, they have to be hydrolized into cyanohydrins that break down into cyanide. The hydrolysis is performed by enzymes that are in other cells or compartements inside the same cell as the glycosides, when the cells are damaged. So in order to properly detoxify the seeds they have to be thoroughly and best put in a little bit of clean and slightly basified distilled water, to improve the hydrolysis while preventing the produced cyanide anions to escape as volatile hydrogen cyanide. After approx. 30 minutes it should be ready to add chopped garlic and give it a good stir from time to time.

One sure won't get any LSH from LSA in wine btw. Theres so little acetaldehyde in wine, that any imine that would be formed, immediately would be hydrolyzed again into amine and aldehyde. And even if it wouldn't, still a reducing agent would be needed.

Its best to avoid exposure to light and air as good as possible. And no, the extract is not light-stable.