best Live DJ's

BuzzNation

Bluelighter
Just my opinion,.. but of all the DJ's i have heard live,.. Tall Paul and D Fuse top the list of the best i've heard. It's strange cause some DJ's like Christopher Lawerence,.. I love his albums to listen too,..but live,. he's just not good. I'd like to hear what other people think as their favorites,.. i have seen a lot of live DJ's over the last 2 and half years. Nick Warren is one of my old album fav's that i have yet to see live, i'd like to hear what anyone whose seen him live has to say.

D:FUSE.... good live act..... saw him whoop Paul Oakenfold here in Chicago....
Digweed.....good everything....
I really want to see Kimball Collins live.....

Saw Kimball Collins twice,.. once in a what i call a clubby club,..lol,.. and another time in a rave type club. He was better in the clubby club than he was at the rave,..but still good both times. He's pretty much straight trance, so it's not as much fun to dance to as the harder stuff,.. at least for me it's not. I like the hard trance, hard house type stuff. D Fuse is off the hook live.

General MIDI
he was a totally laid back, super nice guy. he was smiling during his entire set. almost like he was just playing to entertain himself. you could tell he really loved the music he was playing. his track selection of nu-skool breaks blew my mind. his mixing was not flawless, but really tight. we're all human, so we mess up from time to time.
------------------
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
-The Wizard of Oz
"Music defines time."
-DJ Psydel
[This message has been edited by Lane (edited 29 June 2001).]

I like just about everybody except that Lane guy. He sucks sweaty balls.
wink.gif

------------------
Fuck PLUR! It's all about hardcore assfucking!--The stuck-up 8ups
Just remember, I can delete you--Spencer

kimball collins is top of my list. and ive seen a lot of big names over the years.

I forgot about Micro, he is good,.. i'm not a big fan of Oakenfold though, he's good but not as good as he is popular. Haven't heard of Kid Icarus,..i'll check him out.

1. Carl Cox
2. Ron D Core
3. Barry Weaver
4. Franky Bones
From what I have seen!
------------------
The Shroomery
"I Controll Your Mind, Don't Need to go Deeper
I'll be the Dream and you'll be the sleeper
One eye fact thats no Defense(?)
MIND CONTROLLER
NOW YOU'RE IN TRANCE"

murof ocaT\dahC eht fo rebmem duorP

Kid Icarus is a Texas DJ. If you want to hear some of his music go to Zedan.com and look in the mixes. It's on the front page can't miss it.
[This message has been edited by Lazerus (edited 30 June 2001).]

oakendfold rocks because he singles you out of the crowd and points at you! he holds contact for a few seconds....any dj with good energy is amazing live, and if they make contact with their audience...they got it made.....

After watching Erick Morillo drop a 7 hour set here in Sydney I'd have to say him -- he was dancing and smiling the whole time... it was f'ing awesome.

1. carl cox
2. danny howells
3. danny tenaglia
4. deep dish
thats a current list i think...order subject to change.

Sasha and Digs together for an extended set (always a plus at the old Twilo), Carl Cox.....never enjoyed Oakenfold live or his albulms!

Micro, DJ Dan, Deepsky, and Richard Humpty Vision are all the shit. Seen them all and every show has been great.

Best dj act i have heard live....
1. Carl Cox, without a doubt
2. Mistress Barbara, unbelievable energy. very underrated...
3. Danny Howells, who else is daring to play for 10 hours straight. very underrated...
I consider these three to play great sets, and they love putting on a show. Carl Cox and Mistress are more "hard" djs. But then again thats why you see them going crazy when they spin...
Music wise, Sasha and Digweed is the best that i have ever seen and still is the best worldwide! I dont know why some people still like Paul Oakenfold so much. I saw this guy live and i think he is boring. Does anyone notice that this guy plays for just 2 hours and thats it. By the way, that swordfish soundtrack sucks!
my humble opinion...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why do you need to play more than two hours?
Boring???????? Did you ever listen to Tranceport I?

1)Sasha & Digweed, 2)Timo Maas, and 3)Christopher Lawrence...
runner-up = Adam Freeland
------------------
Doc how the hell are you? Wyatt I am rolling...