• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Best form of creatine for brain w/ slow gastric emptying

satsumas

Greenlighter
Hi,
I understand there are many forms of creatine available today, and I'm interested in trying it again, this time to enhance prefrontal functioning, help with sleep deprivation (have sleep apnea) and improve mood. Have used kre-alkalyn in the past. Not totally clued in to the right way to take or dose, but had been taking 1-2 grams daily, sometimes on empty stomach, often not.

Here is issue: I also take victoza, a type 2 diabetes injectile peptide, to help with lingering prediabetes from antipsychotic use a while back and for weight loss. Like byetta, it can dramatically slow stomach emptying, by design, to reduce glucose spikes, reduce appetite, help one feel fuller. It has a long half life, too.

I know with some form of creatine, if it breaks down in stomach to creatinine, it ends up leaving you WORSE off (right? Why?). Tend to doubt that kre alkalyn which is just buffered will be able to counteract victoza effects. But is there another form that is more guaranteed to not break down into creatinine even when taken on a slowly emptying empty stomach, or on a fuller stomach??? What dose would equate to say 5-10g of Creatine MP as used in the studies.

Has anyone experienced consistent and long term cognitive, attention, and mood effects from creatine?

An interesting strategy for you may be to take creatine with isomaltulose while otherwise fasting for a short period.

I personally down a lot of creatine, generally 8g a day. I'm such a heavy nootropics user I can't really tell if creatine is boosting my cognitive functioning much or not, but it certainly helps build muscles, and there is plenty of evidence in literature that it has nootropic properties.

An interesting strategy for you may be to take creatine with isomaltulose while otherwise fasting for a short period.

I personally down a lot of creatine, generally 8g a day. I'm such a heavy nootropics user I can't really tell if creatine is boosting my cognitive functioning much or not, but it certainly helps build muscles, and there is plenty of evidence in literature that it has nootropic properties.

Thanks, can you explain a bit? Would this be CMH

Isomaltulose breaks down to glucose at a very slow rate in comparison to other sugars. So you should be able to take it in the morning along with creatine and an otherwise sugar-free meal before your injection, and not have problems with slow gastric emptying or hyperglycemia.

I'm a big isomaltulose fan for athletics, gatorade recently started putting it into their "pre-game" pouches as a longer acting energy source.

creatinine is the dehydrated form of creatine and the two will interconvert in aqueous solution.

But is there another form that is more guaranteed to not break down into creatinine even when taken on a slowly emptying empty stomach, or on a fuller stomach???

no, there is not. the very nature of the enzymes in your body, and the chemical structure of creatine, means that some portion of it will interconvert to creatinine regardless of what you do.