• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best form for Iboga (urgent)

Foreigner

Bluelighter
I apologize if this is in the wrong place or UTFSE material, but time is of the essence.

I have a friend who is entering opiate withdrawal on his own tomorrow, in his apartment. I've primed him with some herbal medicine and advice for how to get through it. He's very familiar with detoxing, he just tends to relapse.

He did a course of ibogaine in Mexico a month or so ago, and although it was of great benefit, he relapsed shortly upon returning to Canada.

Now, as he is entering another WD period, he has opted to take powdered iboga under the advice of a healer. He was advised to take 300mg several times daily (if I recall correctly).

My question is... what's the best way to use this powder? In capsule form? Decocted (boiled) in water? As some kind of extract, like with 99% ethanol? The healer suggested that he use this method in order to "microdose", but this is not my understanding of microdosing, which would be to create a solvent extraction and then take minuscule amounts (like 1-2 drops) several times daily.

It may be too late for him to do anything fancy. I just want to help him have the best shot he can, with the resources available.

Thanks a lot everyone.

I'd have to touch up on ibogaine dosages but if 300mgs is too much and the powder is in caps then buy some empty caps and open up the full ones and just make smaller dosed caps. This is likely for after acute WD is over, micro dose in the days and weeks afterwards to help prevent a relapse.

If I was a chronic relapse case I would admit defeat and jump on subs possibly for life. Nothing like some Buprenorphine to block a dose or 10....money eventually runs out.

Why would they want to do it again? If his Mexico trip was indeed a legitimate ibogaine experience, yet he still relapses, perhaps it is time to face facts and realize some, many probably, cannot be healed by this or anything else.

Why would they want to do it again? If his Mexico trip was indeed a legitimate ibogaine experience, yet he still relapses, perhaps it is time to face facts and realize some, many probably, cannot be healed by this or anything else.

His wife took his kids and left in the middle of his detox, so he had to go home and deal with that. Stress seems to be a major trigger.

Anyway, this is beside the point. I'd like to know the best way to administer iboga. He wants to know so I'm asking.

My concerns are that he's using iboga and ibogaine interchangeably, he's using whole iboga now without a shaman or 24/7 counselor around, and that he's not using the breakthrough dose that they normally use in ceremony.

That sucks. Im sorry. I wasnt trying to come off as cold or anything and really have no preconceived notions of ibogaine. I still think it is best to get him not to take it for now but cannot fault either you for not wanting to or him for not actually doing so.

Ibogaine can be dangerous... People have died from its use due to the stress on the heart. I'd suggest convincing him to stop for his own health saftey and do it right as I've heard from someone I spoke to in detox who tried it and it was just too low a dose so it never worked out for them.

I wouldn't say he's doomed to take a maintenance drug for the rest of his life but at the same time strong stress is no excuse in my opinion, basically because strong stress is something one will always have to face when quitting opioids, whether you deal with it all by yourself or with someone doesn't really matter, there is no shortcut. A guardian angel that will stand by your side is a dream that won't happen, having someone devoted to you for life is a luxury rather than a necessary element to succeed. After all it's not certain that you would stand for life by someone who after numerous failures would seem to be a hopeless case. We're all people, you can't expect your girlfriend or your wife to always be there for you, if you do, then you're always vulnerable and being an addict to opioids always at a risk of relapsing, you need to learn to overcome problems by yourself, even if there is literally no one by your side at the moment. If you don't sort yourself out, then for the rest of your life you're a hostage of relapsing, anything can trigger your relapse and then you're fucked again, can't blame anyone for that but yourself. You must know watching someone you love go through this shit all over again is not a painless experience.

Anyway, buprenorphine is a good idea at least for the time being, but only if he does want to quit, otherwise it won't work, he'll just stop taking it and return to heroin.