• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Best daytime benzo?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

Just a quick one.. Whats the best daytime benzo I can take that doesn't cause too much sedation? I was considering Lorazepam or Oxazepam but Oxazepam is very hard to get hold of.

Cheers guys.

I'd say clonazepam. it has a slow and easy come on and a long half-life that doesn't require multiple doses throughout the day. If you're taking it daily, though, you build a quick tolerance. I've been on a daily benzo regimen for 16 years, and every 6-8 weeks I have to switch to diazepam for a month to reset. Lorazepam doesn't work for me. I'd recommend getting genetic testing done through your behavioral health provider if you have one. It'll help you to see what will and won't work for you.

I was just gonna say klonopin (clonazepam). Definitely not Xanax (unless taken multiple times a day in small-medium doses), Valium is okay too but has too much of a sedating effect to me

I already take Clonazepam 2mg and it knocks me out lol. I just need something a little less potent. What about Diazepam at a low dose maybe 2mg-5mg taken once daily?

Last edited:
Which benzo would u take out of the following list during the day to minimize sedation? I've compiled a list of benzos I can get access to...

Alprazolam (I'd rather not use this)
Clonazepam (I already take this and I find it too sedating for day-day tasks, so dont recommended it pls, cheers) - I'm under the influence of Clonzepam now and its hard to keep my eyes open lol.
Diazepam (I've got access to all the strengths 2mg, 5mg, and 10mg)
Lorazepam (I've got access to 2mg and 2.5mg)
Nitrazepam (I've got access to both 5mg and 10mg) - Probably too sedating.
Temazepam & The Jellies (I've got access to 10mg and 20mg) - Probably too sedating.

IMO its between Diazepam and Lorazepam.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:
I already take Clonazepam 2mg and it knocks me out lol. I just need something a little less potent. What about Diazepam at a low dose maybe 2mg-5mg taken once daily?

Why not reduce the dose then? 2mg is the max, if that's enough to knock you out try 1mg or even 0.5mg. At the right dose clonazepam should be a very effective anti-anxiety med without much sedation.

I have to agree with clonazepam, have a prescription for it and I will sometimes take 1 or 2mg during the day to relax. WITH a tolerance it's not intense enough to make you wobbly legged or tired but enough to chill out and feel great. Let them dissolve under your tongue as well clonazepam tastes sweet

Although not strictly a benzo, i find Etizolam useful. I can take 2mg in the day and can get through the day without feeling any sedation but this would depend on an individuals personal tolerance.

It's an RC but I find Pyrazolam is the best daytime benzo because it's the ultimate functional benzo. Chills you out just like diazepam or alprazolam would but (unless you take a stupid amount) it doesn't make you forgetful or slur your speech or make you sleepy.

My Clonazepam tablets are 2mg, Ill try taking 1mg by snapping it in half. If that doesnt work ill try 0.5mg by snapping one in quarters. The pills are scored twice so I can snap them easily into 1mg or 0.5mg. And if that still doesn't work ill try Diazepam and Lorazepam.

Last edited:
My Clonazepam tablets are 2mg, Ill try taking 1mg by snapping it in half. If that doesnt work ill try 0.5mg by snapping one in quarters. The pills are scored twice so I can snap them easily into 1mg or 0.5mg. And if that still doesn't work ill try Diazepam and Lorazepam.

I have a clonazepam 2mg script too but they're scored so they can be cut into quarters. I almost always break them in half and take only 1mg per day. If you find 2mg sedating even 0.5mg might be enough for you.

Diazepam is actually more sedating than clonazepam at equivalent doses. Lorazepam might be your best bet if you do try an alternative benzo. Etizolam is a good one too but you won't get a script for that unless you live in Japan, India, or Italy.

Clonazepam in my experiences. Xanax just makes me ready to stab people and I dont recommend fucking xanax to anyone.

Clonazepam if you want to look sober, if not Alprazolam.

One that intrigues me is Clobazam. Without having experience with it myself.

It seem's like Pyrazolam a bit in a way, on paper. A benzo with little sedation it's used for epilepsy as add on or for fear when the common option's don't work.

I mainly have experience with Diazepam and Alprazolam (others too but not enough to make a proper assessment). I find Diazepam to be the perfect “functional” benzo. Yes it may be sedating, but in reasonable doses it’s not going to knock you out. It has a long duration, subtle but very relaxing effects. I practically never black out off it, even in higher doses (alprazolam makes me black out pretty easily if I take even a moderate dose). Alprazolam also gives me more of that “don’t give a fuck” feeling, so makes me more likely to say / do things I otherwise wouldn’t (some people may like this), whereas diazepam just makes me feel chill. Alprazolam also affects my mental faculties far more than diazepam. As I like to say; alprazolam goes to my head, diazepam goes to my body. From my limited experience, I could imagine clonazepam in moderate doses being fine too.

i.m.o i was prescribedall of them at some point i choose klonopin over them all add some gabapentin its great ;)