Best Boards of Canada song?

BOC'a albums are the kind of albums that are best played from start to finish :)

+2 for "An Eagle in your Mind" - that song is by far my favorite amongst the many many fav BoC tracks. Boards of Canada ftw after a heavy night of partying to chill to %)

'84 Pontiac Dream

hmm id say these are all of my favorites but i put the top few separate cause i reallly like those ones. after the first set they are in no real order. i got the discography too and these are all the ones that i rated 5 star, so maybe you will like them all. Also '84 Pontiac Dream is defffinatly one of the best of all in my opinion if you really let yourself get into it.

'84 Pontiac Dream
Rodox Video
Kid for Today
The Smallest Weird Number
Point Hope
Aquarius
Seven Forty Seven (33rpm) {there are more than one version it seems}

Everything You Do Is A Balloon
Roygbiv
Sixtyniner
Red Moss
Concourse
Turquoise Hexagon Sun
Chromakey Dreamcoat
Satellite Anthem Icarus
Hey Saturday Sun
Constants Are Changing
Slow This Bird Down
Treeline
16 - Sac
24 - Sequoia
25 - Boqurant
Dawn Chorus
You Could Feel the Sky
Circle
Happy Cycling
Roygbiv
Turquoise Hexagon Sun
Dave (i'm a real traditionalist)
statue of liberty
Seeya Later
Last walk around mirror lake
Happy cycling
In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country

also "Basefree" from twoism is cool and unique and "The Beach At Redpoint" is also good.
this music also lead me to a group called 'Bonobo' make sure you listen to "Terrapin"

Last edited:
i found this untitled live song on youtube that reminds me of daft punk a little but its verrry cool, some comments say the songs named "Spiro" but i have yet to find it.
i hope i'm not breaking any rules, just take out everything before the "www" and the link will work

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsi8WrQseU&feature=related

Oh man, this is hard to choose for me. For me, Music Has the Right... is undoubtedly the best album, and I think I could probably narrow down my favorites to "Turquoise Hexagon Sun", "Pete Standing Alone", and "Aquarius"

Love BoC.

Favourites:

Music is Math
Sunshine Recorder
Julie and Candy
telephasic workshop
roygbiv
aquarius

BOC'a albums are the kind of albums that are best played from start to finish :)

Yes. I don't even see how I could pick out a favorite song. Every one of their albums is an experience of its own. Seems like if you only listen to one song on a mixlist, you are really missing out. Each song flows into one another, and the order is very important.

They are probably the only musicians for which I only listen to an album, and never pick individual songs. I hadn't listened to them in a long time before seeing this thread, but I just put them on. Bringing up a lot of nostalgia and deja-vu from the days where I was content with tripping/rolling once a month, before my life fell apart and opiates became my daily routine.

Yes. I don't even see how I could pick out a favorite song. Every one of their albums is an experience of its own. Seems like if you only listen to one song on a mixlist, you are really missing out. Each song flows into one another, and the order is very important.

They are probably the only musicians for which I only listen to an album, and never pick individual songs. I hadn't listened to them in a long time before seeing this thread, but I just put them on. Bringing up a lot of nostalgia and deja-vu from the days where I was content with tripping/rolling once a month, before my life fell apart and opiates became my daily routine.
it's possible to listen to their cds in their entirety but still have a favorite individual track...

alasdair

Boc

BOC is life changing... I just moved to an ecovillage in Costa Rica (http://ow.ly/7MOYG) and was listening to them here while at the beach the other day. Dayvan Cowboy came on and I felt like I was flying. This place is epic. Just put together a playlist for the lunar eclipse this weekend for the post medicine journey comedown :)