• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best Blood Pressure Drugs For Stimulant Use?

KattyKorner

Greenlighter
I'm wondering what are some of the better drugs for stimulant blood pressure treatment.

I can access a good amount of medicines through the black market, and I am looking for a sort of general advice on what to possibly get whenever I use stimulants, which is rare.

Just a recommendation of blood pressure medicines would be good. I'm well familiar, in a layman's sense, of the variety of blood pressure drugs. I feel beta blockers are the simplest and best choice, but someone please let me know if that is the case.

Propranolol is a good one which not just addresses hypertension but also tachycardia (which imo is the more common issue with stimulants) and can help with anxiety a bit.

I know some people say beta blockers were dangerous while on stims due to potential unopposed alpha agonism (alpha receptors are vasoconstrictive while beta receptors mediate vasodilation) but I think it's a theoretical issue as long as no extreme dosages are involved. I know of somebody who was on a high prescribed dexamph dose and got propranolol from her doctor.

Last edited: