• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Best Benzo for Short Half Life, Getting to sleep, and Anxeity

I also can't smoke weed, gives me incredible anxiety. Just not my thing.
I do like diazepam for helping me sleep though

I used to smoke it all the time, because my school mates did and then my uni mates. But I Never used to enjoy it.
Went to Amsterdam last year and got talked into having a joint in a cafe.
I had to go back to the hotel and wait for it to wear off as I got "the fear"
Seemed like forever watching the Dakar rally in Dutch lol
It affects me so strongly, more so than any other drug. What I feel just can't be what other people do as it's just horrible and no one could think it was a pleasant experience

Never again :)

I used to smoke it all the time, because my school mates did and then my uni mates. But I Never used to enjoy it.
Went to Amsterdam last year and got talked into having a joint in a cafe.
I had to go back to the hotel and wait for it to wear off as I got "the fear"
Seemed like forever watching the Dakar rally in Dutch lol
It affects me so strongly, more so than any other drug. What I feel just can't be what other people do as it's just horrible and no one could think it was a pleasant experience

Never again :)

The thing is mate, I understand completely. That's how I was - as soon as I had a toke on a spliff it was like flipping a switch in my head. Cue total paranoid catatonic anxiety ridden mess. But I was only like that if I smoked with other people. If I smoked on my own I really enjoyed it. No other people, no anxiety. I still can't really handle social smoking, but I don't want to any more. A few spliffs at night with the mrs and all is irie.

Having said that, it did take a 20 year heroin addiction to finally rid me of 'the fear', which I wouldn't recommend to anyone...

Last edited:
I've actually never smoked it on my own come to think of it.
I've also never tried heroin, I'm pretty sure I would end up with a problem if it did.
I'm also much more a fan of stims than opitaes
Glad you managed to kick it pal

I don't vouch for the being alone thing necessarily. When I was about 19 I ate a hash cookie in my flat, and then had the worst panicked, time-has-stopped experience of my life. Ended up phoning my Mum at 4am in the morning practically screaming down the phone - mega embarrassing LOL.

I've actually never smoked it on my own come to think of it.

Aah, well, in that case, I prescribe a lightly loaded spliff in the comfort of your own bed with some choons of your choice on the music machine. You might be surprised, as it's usually only other people that produce the fear...

Me and 2 lads at uni got stoned and ordered a pizza, when it arrived we were so convinced it was the police we all hid behind the sofa until the knocking at the door went away, all absolutely terrified.
Seems funny now but that fear was real for me.
Lmao

I don't vouch for the being alone thing necessarily. When I was about 19 I ate a hash cookie in my flat, and then had the worst panicked, time-has-stopped experience of my life. Ended up phoning my Mum at 4am in the morning practically screaming down the phone - mega embarrassing LOL.

That doesn't count. Eating cannabis is the single most reliable roa for a bad time - if you are so predisposed...

That doesn't count. Eating cannabis is the single most reliable roa for a bad time - if you are so predisposed...

Yeah you're right. But on a couple occasions I had a great time. Not really sure what made them different...

Yeah you're right. But on a couple occasions I had a great time. Not really sure what made them different...

I think people generally just underestimate its potency. It is actually a powerful (yet more subtle) hallucinogenic where a good set and setting is just as significant as it is with LSD or psilocybin.

I think people generally just underestimate its potency. It is actually a powerful (yet more subtle) hallucinogenic where a good set and setting is just as significant as it is with LSD or psilocybin.

I would completely agree with that

Maybe I'll try some again in the future, but make sure I set things up just right first.