• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best benzo for anxiety?

I was recently prescribed ativan. It works for me, and my tolerance is pretty low which is good in my opinion. Makes me feel calmer but not so zonked out that I can't take them and get on with my day.

Bromazepam, very good ZO, though I did not know they were RX'ed in the states.. Are they o0? Anyways, get Lorazepam and try those, they have excellent anxiolytic effects, panic / anxiety wise.

Bromazepam, very good ZO, though I did not know they were RX'ed in the states.. Are they o0? Anyways, get Lorazepam and try those, they have excellent anxiolytic effects, panic / anxiety wise.
I don't believe it's still scripted in the states. As far as I know at least.

OT: Best bet is to talk to your doctor about it, and see what they think about it. It's different for everyone. If you want a faster acting one then Triazolam, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, would be your best bet. Long lasting; Diazepam, Clonazepam, Librium. Intermediate lasting; Temazepam, Lorazepam.

Different types for all kinds.

try nitrazepam 10mg tabs , you could drink it with water or sublingualy placing under the tongue, it will make you super happy ,also has the longest halflife of 28 hours

Best RC benzo for anxiety without heavy sedation I think is pyrazolam, with the added bonus of not being as moreish as some of the others (clonazolam, I am thinking of you in particular!). All benzos will help with anxiety, but definitely not in the long term. Recently come out of years of benzodiazepine abuse and addiction. Horrific!

EDIT: Just realized the title said benzo, not anxiety medication in general. Ignore the message if you want, sorry mate.

For me, klonopin is a GOD send. It is the only drug that has made me feel completely normal. But, everyones different. Xanax could also work but that has very similar effects as klonopin. If you want something that doesn't make you feel tired, you could try a beta blocker like atenolol. What I have found the works with the least side effects (besides anxiety relief) is Hydroxyzine (most people know it as atterax.) It slows down my heart rate and my anxious tapping, fast heart rate, sweating etc. Ask your doc to start at a low dose of something like 25 mg, then if that does not work up the dosage. I know anxiety sucks my friend, and those 2 aren't the only solutions out there, they're just the ones that I have found works. You could also try clonodeine but I found that to make me slightly dizzy and harder to focus on things. Everyone's different. anyways, good luck friend I hope you find the relief you are looking for.

Last edited:
If you're looking for an as-needed benzo, Xanax would be your best bet. If you're looking for 'round-the-clock anxiety maintenance, Diazepam or a higher dose of Klonopin would be your best bet, since they both have very long half lives and therefore would provide full day anxiety relief (or dampening).