• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best benzo cure for insomnia

Kudos

Bluelighter
Temazepam? I need something to completely knock me out for a few consecutive nights so I can flip a sleeping pattern.

Of what I've tried: Xanax is only good for a night or two, Ativan and Klonopin are useless.

Temazepam is good. Diazepam is pretty hypnotic in high dosages as well.

Nitrazepam, and of course, flunitrazepam are very hypnotic.

Phenazepam knocks me out very well, and its long half life means I sleep right though the night, unlike alprazolam and other short benzos.

Temazepam is a good sleep aid but i find it almost to fun to go to sleep on =D. But i will fall asleep on 90 to 120mg's or less if im actually trying to go to sleep. If you have little or no benzo tolerance 15 to 30mg's which is the usual dose will probably be enough.

Nitrazepam is supposed to be pretty good but i havent tried that yet. Triazolam (halcion) is another one i havent tried that is supposed to work well for sleep. Diazepam is sedating for some people so it may help you sleep.

How safe are those in terms of fatality risk compared to barbiturates?

benzos are very very safe in terms of OD mortality compared to barbiturates, or almost anything actaully.

IIRC...the LD50 of alprazolam was ~700 times the theraputic dosage.

of course, that doesnt mean you should take huge amounts, but they are very very safe compared to most drugs in terms of ODs.

but they are still powerful drugs, treat them with all the respect you would give opiates or barbiturates.

benzos are very very safe in terms of OD mortality compared to barbiturates, or almost anything actaully.

IIRC...the LD50 of alprazolam was ~700 times the theraputic dosage.

of course, that doesnt mean you should take huge amounts, but they are very very safe compared to most drugs in terms of ODs.

but they are still powerful drugs, treat them with all the respect you would give opiates or barbiturates.

Thank You.

temazepam is the only popular benzo thats frequently rx'd for insomnia.

temazepam loprazolam and lormetazepam all have long enough half-lifes to keep you asleep without lasting too long (nitrazepam+flunitrazepam lmeave you "zonked" in the morning IME)

well its not a benzo, but my doc put me on 100mg of doxepin nightly for insomnia. i took it last night for the first time, believe me when i say it knocked my ass out. not too recreational though

I don't know why people would want to waste their benzo tolerance on sleeping. Why not use something like a sedating antipsychotic (the best for this purpose is Seroquel) or antidepressant (I would recommend mirtazapine or trazodone) in low doses? If you are not used to them, at the right dose they will put you to sleep straight away.

I was scripted 1mg a night to sleep.

Honestly I wouldn't suggest benzos to sleep. They won't cure they'll make you dependant on them to sleep and then it becomes dangerous to stop taking them and all.

Try other solutions, smoke good indica weed and it'll put you to sleep. Try Melatonin. What I found worked was just lay in bed everynight at around the same time and your body will get used to it and just sleep like it should.

This year my sleep pattern was fucked up and one thing I always did to get it back to normal was sleep in the day and wake up at like 6pm and then stay awake the night and stay awake the next day till nighttime and then take a Melatonin pill and go lay down in bed with complete darkness and I would sleep.

Wake up at a normal time the next morning and go to sleep at a normal time.

I would say it is Diazepam (Valium). Knocks me right out while something like Clonazepam keeps me just chilled out.

Honestly I wouldn't suggest benzos to sleep. They won't cure they'll make you dependant on them to sleep and then it becomes dangerous to stop taking them and all.

Try other solutions, smoke good indica weed and it'll put you to sleep.

I was a lot more dependant on weed to sleep than benzos, to each their own. I do like melatonin a lot though.

well its not a benzo, but my doc put me on 100mg of doxepin nightly for insomnia. i took it last night for the first time, believe me when i say it knocked my ass out. not too recreational though

No it's not recreational at all it's a tricyclic anti-depressant. Doxepin is supposed to pretty much knock you the hell out. It's supposed to be just as or even more sedating then amitriptyline from what ive heard. Amitriptyline is actually really good for sleep and one of the best if not the best sleep aid ive ever tried.

Remeron (mirtazapine) is another anti-depressant that in low doses will knock you the hell out to. Id stay away from trazadone because i havent heard much good about it. Most people i know say all it gave them was a ripping headache the next day. And it didnt help them sleep much.

Temazepam and Triazolam are the best benzodiazepines for insomnia. From much experience with both, Triazolam (Halcion) knocks you out much quicker, although it isn't as recreational...but from your original post it doesn't sound like your looking to obtain a "buzz", more so to get back into a sleeping pattern. Triazolam will help you out but it looses its effectiveness faster than Temazepam.

"It produces a metabolite with a very long half-life (40-250 hours), which may stay in the bloodstream for up to four days.[1] Flurazepam is therefore unsuitable as a sleeping medication for some individuals due to next day sedation."
wikipedia....

I would sugest nitrazepam or zolpi(dem/clone) i think for knock out benzo's and a longer acting one lige clonazepam or diazepam to sleep long and good...

Thats what works for me anyway :)

personally, benzos don't help me sleep that much
stuff like ambien, which is similar to benzos in structure knocks me out but is short lasting and I wake up before its time to wake up, the long lasting form makes me sleepy inthe morning, but I can already see how that stuff can be addictive, I took it last night and it was too fun to just pass out, I started calling friends to come over
amitryptilline is the best thing I tried so far for sleep, knocks me out, doesn't have addictive properties and I wake up in the morning pretty refreshed, I don't crave it like I crave ambien
melatonin does nothing for me, but it seems to work for other people here

Is my pop-knowledge of science completely inaccurate? Does a 250 hour half-life really mean that Flurazepam could remain in one's system and could theoretically interact with other drugs for 10 (x2) days?!