View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best Anti-Nausea for Psychedelics

lysergamide

Bluelighter
While I respect nausea as part of psychedelic trips, in certain settings I find the use of anti-nausea medication excellent for improving the overall experience and would like to focus this thread on specifically using them rather than whether people agree with their use or not.

I have tried Ondansetron, Cyclizine and Domperidone to counter-act nausea and found all three very effective. Ondansetron being the best, but Cyclizine probably my favourite. I'm also aware Shulgin used another but I cannot recall the name.

Recently I've noticed more studies, for Domperidone, showing that it is likely harmful for long-term usage. Realistically with psychedelics I would not be taking an anti-nausea more than 2-3 times a week at my heaviest usage, but I'm still wary of doing any potential long-term harm as it counter-acts what I'm tripping for. While I find Ondansetron most effective, it is so powerful I would be worried if there ever was a situation were I did need to vomit. Cyclizine is also great but it definitely has a drowsy effect of its own. I found Domperidone extremely effective for treating the nausea on 2.5g of Shrooms a few days ago, I could even eat the whole trip.

I was wondering if anyone knew any more information on using anti-nauseas with psychedelics, such as which is the safest to use or most cost-effective as I now need to get some more having used my last Domperidone. Are there any that are extremely effective, but don't induce drowsiness and appear safe to frequently use? I don't find ginger and natural remedies as effective in this situation so would prefer a pharmaceutical option that really does the job.

Ondanestron and the 5HT3a antagonists surely. Their the least likely to affect the trip as well since anti-histamines cause drowsiness/etc. The "trons" seem to be well managed as their first line treatments for chemo or say opiate induced nausea both of which they are used nearly daily for at times. Also you should never need to puke unless you have nausea. It's not going to change anything whether you do or don't especially with psychedelics. Oh and you can still force yourself to vomit, take a lower dose so if the nausea is that strong you'll still puke, or just not puke.

Last edited:
Cannabis and taking small doses 30min apart has been fairly effective for me. I would really like to try a proper anti-nausea drug though. Are any of these available over the counter?

Cannabis and taking small doses 30min apart has been fairly effective for me. I would really like to try a proper anti-nausea drug though. Are any of these available over the counter?

I have found Ondansetron very easy to get prescribed by telling the doctor that you would "like to have some around the house in case you or the kids have a serious bout of nausea after office hours and could avoid having to bother him at home" or something to that effect.

Perhaps your stomach PH is high. Calcium carbonate could reduce this. Take a TUMS, make some notes, and go from there.

Ondanestron and the 5HT3a antagonists surely. Their the least likely to affect the trip as well since anti-histamines cause drowsiness/etc. The "trons" seem to be well managed as their first line treatments for chemo or say opiate induced nausea both of which they are used nearly daily for at times. Also you should never need to puke unless you have nausea. It's not going to change anything whether you do or don't especially with psychedelics. Oh and you can still force yourself to vomit, take a lower dose so if the nausea is that strong you'll still puke, or just not puke.

Ondansetron is great. I just recall having one bad experience with combining LSD/Alcohol/Ondansetron and really needing to vomit after drinking far too much, this was back in my earlier tripping days however years ago. I don't even drink alcohol now. It is a powerful and effective anti-nausea though and does literally turn off the ability to vomit for me as I've had situations of being unable to hold food/liquid down and it manages to completely cease this problem.

I think I will go for that, but as you recommend try even half the dose I was previously taking. Ondansetron is the only real 5HT3 antagonist I have had access to.
Anyone experimented with others?

What is the recommended dosage for odansetron for preventing psychedelic nausea? I picked some up to have on hand in case I ever want to push dosages into nausea territory with PDs, but haven't tried it yet.

I've found that 16mg 2C-E started getting a little queasy. I like to look at what to fix physically/psychologically/spiritually before reaching for something like odansetron. Nausea can have it's root in something like eating wrong, or maybe unfinished and uncomfortable mental material. But sometimes nausea is just nausea, and no crime in combatting it medically.

Anyone have an idea of the shelf-life of odansetron?

Is ginger worth bothering with?

I prefer dabs of live resin or some good shatter, although your visuals might increase. Never had problems with 2c-e though. Some psychedelics, that's just part of the game!

Is ginger worth bothering with?

Me and a few friends took 2c-b intranasally once. I reccomended everybody tale ginger tablets because they'd otherwise be sick.

Needless to say, the two of us that took the tablets were puking up in their back yard a few minutes later, and the others (who didn't) were having a good laugh at the irony and the fact that we were being sick.

I'm sure I worked my way through the bottle at varying doses and found it of little help with various drugs.

I guess with things like that you need to maybe have it fresh, or consider that it might only prevent sickness below a certain threshold.