Best and worst fat burners?

InfectedWithDrugs

Bluelighter
Modafinil, yohimbe, ECA stack, caffeine, amphetamines, metformin, etc.

Which of them is the best fat burner and which of them has the worst effects, like muscle catabolism? People swear by ECA stack, but I got a script for dextroamphetamine and I wonder which is the better choice? Does ECA stack reduce testosterone like amphetamines?

Modafinil, yohimbe, ECA stack, caffeine, amphetamines, metformin, etc.

Which of them is the best fat burner and which of them has the worst effects, like muscle catabolism? People swear by ECA stack, but I got a script for dextroamphetamine and I wonder which is the better choice? Does ECA stack reduce testosterone like amphetamines?

Consistent diet... Although nothing burns fat like a clen/t3/yohimbine combo, take it all on an empty stomach, followed by some fasted cardio. Clen and t3 include earlier in prep, but the yohimbine maybe add until 6 weeks out..

Ideally modulate metabolism and appetite early on, until you get to 8-9%. Keep test and estro at a decent level, T3 as high as 100?g, maybe some sibutramine, but avoid the stimulants.
Then make the switch around week 6. Drop T3 to 75, introduce yohimbine 3x5mg (religiously, upregulation and missing doses WILL screw you over) and build up eph/caff slowly. Half dose with morning yohimbine, then half dose with morning and noon dose, then up to full dose before adding anything for last dose.
Until about three weeks out, at that point you want to take out the ephedrine and add clen, at this point pure beta2 stimulation after beta1 and alpha1 downregulation will have a huge effect : more lipolysis with considerably less agitation and vasoconstriction (which kills vascularity). Increase yohimbine to 3x10mg, possibly with a little caffeine as you build up clen towards your show (I assume you are doing a show).. That should ride you nicely into maximum fat loss...

Amphetamine..???

Amphetamines used to be prescribed for fat loss. They definitely eradicate hunger and I think do something with thermogenesis or whatever, but they also lower testosterone levels. BTW, mt TSH is 0.59 (0.4-4.6 range) and T4 (free) is 1.1 (0.8-1.8 range). Are those good thyroid levels for fat loss?

IWD, last time you mentioned it, you were losing bodyfat at a pretty optimal rate. This suggests you don't need to worry about any of this stuff at the moment.

Also absolute thyroid levels don't tell us much, since it's all relative to what your normal range is. Yours are in normal range though.

As for fat burners, I would say low dose amps and ECA are roughly equivalent. There's no point in having high doses of either unless you can burn the released fat off before it gets returned to fat stores - and that means hours of low intensity activity daily.

How much is a low dose of dextroamphetamine? 10mg per day?

I do 1hr weight lifting followed by 1hr low-medium intensity cardio daily @ 1750-1950 calories - 29 yo male 6ft, 17 percent body fat or close to it.

You don't need any fatburners until you're at about 10% or so, as GF explained above, and then only if fatloss has practically stopped. If you start using them early, you'll just lose muscle and prevent fatloss.

Also, I'm not sure it's wise for you to start another potentially addictive drug, I thought you were trying to get away from that? When the time comes ECA would probably be safer. However I really think it would be good for you to detach from the mindset of thinking you need a drug for this and a drug for that. You can achieve your aims without any, just a bit of patience and determination.

You don't need any fatburners until you're at about 10% or so, as GF explained above, and then only if fatloss has practically stopped. If you start using them early, you'll just lose muscle and prevent fatloss.

Also, I'm not sure it's wise for you to start another potentially addictive drug, I thought you were trying to get away from that? When the time comes ECA would probably be safer.

I took Dextroamphetamine on and off for years and never once experienced any WD when stopping. I was maybe a bit tired, but I only took low doses of 10mg per day and not every day. It doesn't matter anyway, I just started Mirtazapine for sleep and it raises sugar and causes quick and heavy weight gain no matter how you diet and exercise. Fat loss will have to wait until I recover from benzo WD.

Mirtazapine won't do that at all if you keep exercising and dieting and not gorging on food. It can't magic calories out of thin air ;)

Gabapentin sure as hell did it in no time while I was eating less. Every time I started Gabapentin or Pregabalin, weight went up by 10lba per month and I got puffy face. Then I quit Gabapentin and lost a a ton of weight in a week without exercise.

Drugs can seriously mess up metabolic rate.

Certain drugs can raise or lower basal metabolic rate (BMR) over the long term, that's true. But you can't experience rapid bodyfat gyrations like that unless you are eating to the point of sickness every day, or unless you have something like stage IV cancer or you're taking DNP (a mitochondrial disrupter) - hence your weight change was largely water gain and loss. Having a puffy face would be a give away.

However, basic physiology should make this apparent: a pound of fat is about 3,500 calories - or roughly 150% of an average man's daily calorie intake. To gain 10lbs of fat in a month, you would thus need 35,000 calories over your BMR.

Now since the body doesn't actually absorb calories with perfect efficiency, and digestion consumes a significant amount, and significant amounts gets crapped out, you're probably actually talking about perhaps double that number - an extra 70,000 calories in a month - to gain 10lb of pure fat.

Since an average man's BMR consumes about 2,500 calories per day - 75,000 per month - you would thus need to eat about 145,000 calories over that month to gain 10lbs of pure fat - which works out to nearly 5,000 calories per day, or double the average man's food intake. That is a lot of food, which even bulking bodybuilders sometimes struggle to intentionally consume.

And even if a drug managed to lower your BMR to just 1,500 calories per day, you would still need to eat almost 4,000 calories daily to put on 10lbs of fat in a month.

This explains why most people only gain fat over the long-term - 250+ excess calories per day (an extra chocolate bar or snack) and within a few months the pounds do start to add, although BMR does tend to elevate as well thanks to homeostasis, slowing the gain somewhat.

Also, I'm not sure it's wise for you to start another potentially addictive drug, I thought you were trying to get away from that? When the time comes ECA would probably be safer. However I really think it would be good for you to detach from the mindset of thinking you need a drug for this and a drug for that. You can achieve your aims without any, just a bit of patience and determination.

I agree with this. You can try drinking yerba mate as some body builders do this as it has fat burning properties. But be warned you must force yourself to eat in it as it completely kills your appetite, worse than low doses of dexedrine and Adderall do. Stay safe.

[/QUOTE] But be warned you must force yourself to eat in it as it completely kills your appetite, worse than low doses of dexedrine and Adderall do. Stay safe.[/QUOTE]

Say what?? Yerba mate has never had this effect on me or anyone I know. It's pretty mild, much like tea. Nevee experienced any anorectic properties, also never heard of it helping burn fat, though it does have a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.

But be warned you must force yourself to eat in it as it completely kills your appetite, worse than low doses of dexedrine and Adderall do. Stay safe.[/QUOTE]

Say what?? Yerba mate has never had this effect on me or anyone I know. It's pretty mild, much like tea. Nevee experienced any anorectic properties, also never heard of it helping burn fat, though it does have a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.[/QUOTE]

Yerba mate is like I described for me. I drink it in moderate/large amounts so it's more akin to drinking a lot of coffee, like two eight ounce cups at once of hot yerba mate made with a tablespoon of mate, or two large iced pint glasses of it made with multiple tablespoons or tea bags.

If you make yerba mate like you make tea measuring it in teaspoons, or drink a cup of it at a time it's more like a tea, as one cup of it does not contain a lot of caffeine.

If you google yerba mate bodybuilding, and yerba mate fat burner some people swear by it.

Also, there's a yerba mate thread here with tons of great info:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/219317-Yerba-Mate!-Mega-merged-thread

Last edited:
I found Yerba Mate pretty strong. I start talking overly enthusiastically for hours on end, a bit like weak speed or modafinil. It was certainly more powerful than black tea or coffee.

I found a fat burner for me! Berberine HCL 500mg 2x per day.

It lowered my pre-diabetic sugar levels from fasting 120 to 92 after 2 days of taking! It supposedly works better than Metformin and does not break down protein or lowers testosterone like Metformin. It feels like a mild stimulant, but it makes me HOT and sweaty, which sucks when you live in the South...