• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Besides weed, what would be the "safest" drug?

^ Not a problem, bL is a big place and confusing for a good while at first. If you ever have any questions you can feel free to use the PM me link in my signature.

BDD --> DC

lsd or dmt (esp addiction wise)
caffeine is addictive, but otherwise relatively benign.
opiates, while addictive, are also safe.

i feel like we have had this thread topic before, if i had to nail down my opinion to one answer i'd say caffeine.

If you are mentally insufficient no drug is truly "safe". By the same token, when used correctly in moderation a lot of drugs are physically safe. LSD, alcohol and nitrous would be my three choices.

David Nutt did a study(s) on harm to self and society. Here is a nice graph from it
20101106_WOC504_0.gif
So by his metrics mushrooms for the win.

^^^ that chart is misleading. Marijuana makes you hurt more people then meth would? I don't think so...

Bear in mind that it is in the uk and it is harm to society. Given the low rate of meth use here (UK) compared to cannabis, the harm to society is probably worse from cannabis - cancer, psychosis ect. Harm to self is the point of this thread anyway. Perhaps not entirely appropriate graph for this I'll give you that.

Bear in mind that it is in the uk and it is harm to society. Given the low rate of meth use here (UK) compared to cannabis, the harm to society is probably worse from cannabis - cancer, psychosis ect. Harm to self is the point of this thread anyway. Perhaps not entirely appropriate graph for this I'll give you that.
I can understand that now. I didn't see the little source disclaimer at the bottom right away, and didnt take into account that meth is pretty rare over there.

^^^ that chart is misleading. Marijuana makes you hurt more people then meth would? I don't think so...

That isn't what the chart is really based on. I've got the book here, and it says:

Harm to users
  • Drug specific mortality
  • Drug related mortality
  • Drug specific harm
  • Drug related harm
  • Dependance
  • Drug specific impairment to mental functioning
  • Drug related impairment to mental functioning
  • Loss of tangibles
  • Loss of relationships

Harm to others
  • Injury
  • Crime
  • Economic cost
  • Impact on family life
  • International damage
  • Environmental damage
  • Decline in reputation of the community

Alcohol and meth and cocaine are at the top of the list of worst. I'd say besides cannabis, psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, n,n-DMT, & oral opioids/benzodiazepines & GHB.