• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Bernese Method Questions

twotoomany

Bluelighter
Last week, my wife and I attempted to use the Bernese method of sub induction to try to get off the nasty fent that's everywhere. We started with .25mg doses morning and night, while cutting our use of powder. Worked our way up to 1mg, 2X day. Our habit is smallish (half a bundle of nick’s each/day far less than a half gram of mystery powder), so I was thinking 4mg of sub would hold us. Once we got up to 1mg doses of sub, without experiencing any PW, I thought we would be ok. Dosed 2mg of sub each on the day we stopped powder. My wife made it 36 hours. She then could NOT stop vomiting for another 36 hours. Eventually, I had to grab something to make the puking stop. Now here’s the dilemma: other than no energy, loose stool, and anxiety, I was feeling fine… I think I can make it through with this method. Any insight as to what happened to my wife? We are going to try again. I’d just like to know what mistakes we made.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bupe and fent both have strong affinities to the mu receptor, this is different from e.g. heroin or morphine which in any case get displaced by the bupe. I guess she just hit some plateau at which bupe began to displace enough fentanyl to induce precipitated withdrawal. It's just a guess because in theory the agent with higher affinity should always 'win' over the receptor but in vivo and in vitro don't always agree with each other's findings.

How are you doing?
Do you have access to other meds, like pregabalin or memantine?

Was your wife already experiencing the nausea and vomiting before the latest dose increase?

I am new to bluelight and I am in desperate need of help. I am trying to get off fent (i snort it 1/2-1 gram per day) for 3 months.. and I've read about the bernese method. I have plenty of 8mg suboxone, and actually took a couple of them after 36 hours of last fent use and thought I was going to DIE!!! WORST precipitated withdrawals ever!! The only thing that helped me after hours of agonizing withdrawal was more fent... so now I'm scared to try the subs again, but need to get off this stuff. Please any advice would be appreciated. Please help me.