• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Benzydamine- NSAID, Stimulant, Psychedelic?

how dangerous?
can you please give me more details? i always wanted to know in detail how something affects me.

First of all sorry for the thread necromancy.

I have a couple of experiences with this drug. Once I took about 1 gram, only had two hallucinations that lasted like 10 seconds, and another time I took 1 gram and a half coming down from amphetamine and had the worst experience of my life, only paranoid hallucinations which I couldn't differentiate from reality.

Now, I want to try this drug again, 1.5g, but in a better mindset. The problem is, I have access to a formula for vaginal cleaning (lol) which tastes horrible, it's mixed with salt, the most horrible salty-bitter taste I ever felt. Also, the stomach discomfort persists for hours, so my question is, could that formula be plugged rectally? It contains benzydamine HCl, sodium chloride, trimethyl-something and polyvinylpyrrolidone. Thanks!

Benzydamine is apparently OTC in the UK "under the trade name Difflam, and is available as a spray, oral rinse and cream, and as lozenges."

I'm half inclined to try it out one day, but also inclined to avoid it like the plague...
Gunna do as much reading on it as I can beforehand I think.
---------
Can't seem to find anything about the lozenges OTC, and the oral rinse and cream contain very small amounts. And I wouldn't want to ingest either of those due to there being other ingredients in them.

AMT and 2C-T-7 each have some of the strongest mental effects you can imagine in a psychedelic drug.

i doubt it can be taken rectally
i mean if it could then all the people using it for the actual purpose(anal/vaginal cleaning) will be tripping
if the taste sucks you could bomb it or try somekind of an extraction (never tried it)
i will post it here if it's ok with mindtools since i got the recipe from him
about paranoia i found out sober company and a couple of beers changes everything

I pose a question, since Benzydamine is an anticholinergic drug and nicotine is a cholingeric drug, what happens when you smoke tobacco while under the influence/coming down?

You can't get high of oral products :pP
You need at least 500mg of pure benzydamine.

You can't eat that many salt. It's really destructive. EXTRACT.

There were people in Poland who abused it for some time, and they all reported some problems (I can't remember of what kind, once I get more time, I'll check that thread).

There was a reason why painkillers based on benzydamine were withdrawn.
Its elimination time is too long, and it harms stomach, liver and kidneys. [copy/paste ;) ] And they contained way less of active substance.

It's nothing really interesting. I'm not remotely interested in trying it again. Maybe in BXM (benzydamine + DXM) but for now I feel like I have to give my liver some rest.

pzdr

I read it has a half-life of 13 hours.
It comes in syrup with Ethanol and Benzydamine HCI.
The thing is, by my calculations, you'd need to drink 2 of them
200ml bottles
75mg/ml=15g Ethanol
1.5mg*200=300mg Benzydamine

Not too sure what it means but I do know that drinking 2 bottles of that sounds fucking disgusting, although I haven't tried it. I don't know if you'd be able to let the Ethanol evaporate because I know almost nothing about chemistry, maybe someone with knowledge can shed light?

It's an OTC spray used for Tonsillitis, an inflammation of the tonsils. Don't fuck yourself up on this thing. Why not trying out some Ritalin instead, that lovely amphetamine prescribed by drug dealers that call themselves psychiatrists

Hello! I will share my experience with benzydamine, if anyone is still interested. It has been 2 years since last post .. anyways I heard about this recreational drug about half year ago and till now I ingested it 4 times (+1 month between each occasion).

I always bought Tantum Rosa to get the benzydamine, also i always took it at night time (i read here that benzydamine "increases sensitivity to UV light of whole body"). First time i took only 250mg (half of the Tantum Rosa), ofc that didn't do much, only felt something weird; second time 500mg, that hit me pretty good and I was amazed by the "slow motion" in my vision. I could see in the past a few milliseconds, but note that for me it only worked in light, the lesser light the lesser "slow motion". My vision was this: the frame created by the current light coming into my eyes, combined with the last couple of frames i have seen from the world around me, in a way that only bright outlines were added to my current vision from these past frames. I was pretty excited and couldn't stop rotating my head and my eyes to see these. For me the sparkles, the floaters, the lines, the bright dots that others have been talking about can be explained with this "slow motion" vision .. I've been seeing them too. When I got home, I got into bed and I had a lucid dream. It started with hearing my everyday music in my ears although it was completely quiet in the room. I new that wasn't real, didn't scare me and I tried to focus on it .. suddenly i was in another world, and it seemed so real, but unfortunately I closed my eyes and yet again I was in my bed. I knew i was having a special dream, and with this knowledge I fucked it up. The third time I took about 1000-1500mg (made extraction .. the salt is harmful .. and disgusting). This time I was a little bit drunk .. but man I was tripping so hard. Everything was the same, except that the "slow motion" effect was far more intensive and plus the imbalance from alcohol made me walk hard .. also this time I couldn't hear sounds nor lucid dream.

Not to long ago I took it for the fourth time, but only 500mg(unextracted). I have to recall that I didn't drink alcohol but I drank 2 cups of Pepsi Twist and 1 cup of milk. This time i was focused on it all the time, trying to find something new about these hallucinations. Somehow I saw a red spot on the white wall, but I knew that wasn't there, so I stepped towards it and it vanished from my vision. I was able to recreate it anywhere on the wall by standing in the same spot and focusing carefully. However I got bored eventually. I noticed that I was smelling somewhat better .. also louder sounds were really annoying. I also started feeling movements on my skin all over my body. I realized that my skin hair was doing these movements (might have something to do with arrector pili muscles). It was very annoying. I layed down and started to listen to music, and was wondering if I could see something. I taught that seeing a live spectrum of the music on the wall would be the coolest thing ever .. and I did it, although it was hard to maintain it for a longer period, i could see it, all i had to do is focus, concentrate, believe. I also recall seeing faces in the dark before I was going to bed .. but for me it was too clear that I am seeing shit, so no paranoia.

Lately I also read that benzydamine shouldn't be combined with alcohol, although I haven't had any problems with it. For me until now it doesn't seem so dangerous (+100grams must be ingested to kill someone), but continuous usage can for sure damage your health.

Why I share my story? .. cause I've been reading a lot about this and just can't find my answer. I want an equation with the possessors mass and the mass off the benzydamine to aproximate a full elimination time length. I don't know much about chemistry nor about biology, might someone look into THIS and find some answers.

This thread is absolutely hilarious obviously this compound is a Muscarinic agent.

Look at the structure of acetylcholine, acetylcholine is a beta dimethyl ethyl ether AND so is this compound. SIMILARLY it looks as a non classical acetylcholine effector cause it has the essential beta tertiary amine effectively a beta quaternary ammonium salt in the body. However the side chain is pretty bulky and mesomorphic so it's Def not classical. Stay away from this shot please you will suffer a bad time this is so nonpolar logp is bad.
Zessdead

Ham, AMT is a bit of both really, both a releaser and 5HT2a agonist, its been one of the most profound psychedelics, and bona-fide psychedelic it most certainly is, some of the times I've had a dose of AMT, then gone for a walk mushroom picking in the forests.

I think AMT shows great promise as an adjunct to psychotherapy for those with PTSD. Whilst I myself had no therapy from anybody else I was able to use AMT as a catalyst to enable my own self-actuated healing from moderate PTSD; I feel so much better in myself since I did too, and the benefits have lasted to this day, for a couple of years that its been since I first tried the AMT.

Benzydamine definitely sounds like an oddball amongst anticholinergic agents, but nevertheless it seems from user reports to share a lot in common with such deliriants. This one is definitely not on my shortlist and is most unlikely to be added to it.

I took benzydamine twice or thrice as a kid. It was very stupid of me really. At 500mg it slightly increased my mood and there was some slight psychedelia to it. The third time I took 1000mg with 150mg of DXM and it gave me very strong hallucinations. I had both visual (clouds transforming into various stuff like animals and cartoon-like figures, 3D images like a shape of a woman made from dots walking towards me, tigers dancing on the wall...) and auditory hallucinations (I could hear people talking behind the wall, the sound was if it was coming through a pipe), it was very out of this world, my working memory was also severely impaired at times and I couldn't properly judge spatial distance. The first part of the experience was very enjoyable, it lasted a very long time, the hallucinations began slowly subsiding after 6 hours, but they were still very strong. I took the dose at 1 or 2 PM and I can remember that around 12 AM only shades were moving. However, the real nightmare was the comedown. I couldn't sleep for at least 24 hours, I was really exhausted both mentally and physically, and I had terrible paranoias. There was really something evil about the second part of the experience, definitely not something that I experienced with any regular psychedelic. DXM definitely potentiated it in some way, but I didn't really have too many interesting CEVs, when I closed my eyes, I just saw a lot of dark but vivid colours, it was hard to keep my eyes closed to be honest. I was a kid then, it was shortly after I started taking DXM. I didn't even have a regular contact for weed at that time, this is definitely not something you would want to take if you have access to regular psychedelics.

It's definitely a muscarinic agent, but I was actually well aware that I hallucinated. I've never consumed a high enough dose of other anticholinergics to experience full-blown hallucinations that could detach me from the reality, so I can't compare it, but looking at its structure and its effects I suppose it could actually be an agonist at serotonin receptors as well. The doses typically consumed are high, so even if it has a low affinity at 5-HT2A receptors, the effects caused by an interaction there might come into play. The mood lift was very similar to a mood lift that serotonin releasers give and some hallucinations were very similar to what some powerful 5-HT2A agonist psychedelics can do. The emotional part was different though. Its structure implies that it can be a SERT inhibitor, aside from 1-benzyl it reminds me of fluoxetine-like drugs with the indazole in the place of the phenyl ring in fluoxetine. It's also quite similar to indazole-derived cannabinoids, so with a high enough dose the overall effect may be a result of actions at multiple sites.

I tried this the other day with 750mg then Re dosed with another 200 two and a half hours later it is an awesome drug the come up was a lot like a low dose mdma peak (energetic, clenching, music is awesome, really happy couldn't stop smiling, colours were more intense, but it didn't have the warm lovey feeling) that last a bit over an hour then the next 7 hours were like a drunk and stoned feeling (chilled, loss of balance, content, loss of short term memory, unable to focus) but with a small dose of acid like visuals (eye wiggles, patterns on walls, auditory hallucinations) but with really strong trails

It was an awesome night look forward to doing it in a more social setting in the future

And I had no worries with sleeping afterwards, also I took 25mg promethazine just before the come up because I had some nausea

It's actually a cannabinoid (at least for rats), those guys say.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28429885

Looking at the structures of the various synthetic cannabinoids we know today, that seems highly plausible. In many synthetic cannabinoids, the indazole group serves as a "core", typically with both a benzyl-like ring and a long-ass linear chain connected to the indazole's 5-membered ring.