• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos--tapering/quitting and seizures

stardust.hero

Bluelight Crew
I was on 2mgs/day of Klonopin and have tapered down by half for 4 months. (1mg/month during May, .5mg/day in June, .25mg/day July, and just jumped off from .25 11 days ago). That schedule worked really well for me with minimal side effects (mostly just mental) and I am fine now. My boyfriend who was also on Klonopin 1mg/day decided to taper down and jumped to .5mg about two weeks ago and is now on .25mgs and has been for the past 3 days.

What I would like to know is how long it took you to taper from what benzo & dose.

Did you have a seizure? / When do you think is a good period of time to "be in the clear" from having a seizure?

Also did you take any medications OTC or RX that you used to help with the taper/seizures.

:) Thanks.

Last edited:
A friend and I went from 4mg Xanax down to 2mg and then eventually 1mg until I stopped completely after that. For me benzos are great, but I didn't love them nearly as much as other drugs. For some reason I was a little bit addicted to it though. Relapsing was always a struggle, but if you can manage to resist which you can. I think it took me a few months.

Yes I had about 4 seizures. Sweaty palms, waking up in cold sweat, lucid dreaming was common for me. I can't tell you a good period of time that's in the clear so to say, but for me I was completely sober off of everything for a little over a month and since then things seem to be fine.

I didn't take much of anything in the time period except for good amount of sleep, multi vitamins and occasionally melatonin when I could not sleep.

Last edited: