• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol [benzo's] [opiates} mini-binge - anyone else feel like they broke their brain?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
After three years of sobriety (not drug, just alcohol) earlier this week I gave in and drank two large bottles in two days. Obviously there was the obvious embarassing myself and fear of what I've posted here during this time, but my main concern is of a neurological system.
I seem to presenting a lot like who is suffering from Wernicke-Khorsakoff or Alzheimers.

My word recall is so bad people think I'm either retarded on high dose Thorazine or something. My parents keep telling me I'm asking them the same questions over and over an I am REALLY struggling to desconcerting the day and whether it it day or night.

Is this fairly normal or is it a sign of something more sinister?
Should I goo to hospital? my general doctor, or just wait it out and see what happend?

Loooool ik what youre talkn about, if i take too much/ the wrong amount in combo i tend to feel a type of ' brain fog' type of shit, best not take em with ops, the risks do outweigh the slightly deeper high no lie m8 somtimes that brain fog lasts till the next day =p

But i mean i cant think of any damage it can possibly do whatsoever unless someone else chimes in i think its impossibru, most likely some sort of odd hangover type shit youre getting

It " SHOULD" lessen over a few days and fade mostly by a week/2 if you took THAT much

Related question for you, during said binge did you suffer respiratory depression? Lack of oxygen CAN cause damage. But to add to said statement i still wouldnt worry till its been a week or 2 then post again bout this because that certainly shouldnt last THAT long but the resp depression question is important ( but frm exp i got severe as fuck resp depression and not neccesarily forced myself to breathe but had to focus on it kinda and i didnt get any of those type of symptoms if the answer to my question is YES, how much do you weigh and what sexe are you itll aid in my response.

Ps idfk why i posted thrice, im abit high

OP! Simmer down my friend :) I've seen folks with Wet Brain and they typically are not engaging in intellectual debates with their peers on the internet! Yes, Alcohol is the fucking antichrist for a lot of us. If I have 3 drinks, it is on. If there is a bottle in front of me, I will drink it. I will make an utter fool of myself, probably get arrested for playing pocket pool at a Chucky Cheese and end up in the drunk tank. Don't get me wrong, the drunk tank is an interesting place, but after about 20 minutes, you're ready to bounce.

Wernicke-Korsakoff [sic] Syndrome is the terminus of an Alcoholic's career. It's a result of the body's inability to absorb/metabolize Vitamin B1 or Thiamine. It leads to what I can only describe as an intellectual capacity resembling that of an infant or a toddler. The guy's I have seen are capable of making sounds and grunts, but they are no longer a functioning human being. My point is, this is not you my friend.

I'm also not wanting to go D.A.R.E. on you here my friend, but Alcohol will fuck you up quicker than anything and you're on the right train of thought in considering the potential consequences of continuing to drink heavily. We all like to laugh at Alcoholics in this society. They're fools, idiots, hilarious? In reality, an Alcoholic's existence is a meager one full of utter despair and sorrow.