• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(Benzos) my anxiety and panic disorder is ruining my quality of like and

AnxietyPrincess

Greenlighter
My doctor doesn't care

Maybe because I mispronounced ativan, but she says to me
"I'm never ever prescribing you benzos "
Lmao okay let my anxiety cripple my relationship , sleep , and work .
This dr. Needs to go back to school and not flunk anxiety and panic disorder classes ctfu
/endrant
Ps;
Anyone else deal with ignorant doctors?

The fact of the manner is that many doctors and psychiatrists are seeing first hand the abuse of Benzodiazepines and are hesitant to prescribe them, and would much rather lean towards and SSRI or SNRI (anything of the sort)

But this personal bias to prescribing techniques does not change the fact that some people NEED GABA drugs to function and make life...more liveable I guess. If your doctor will not even consider prescribing something you believe you need and would be beneficial, it may be time to try and find another doctor.

But then again they could just see you as a drug seeker and that's why. It took my countless visits to finally be prescribed Alprazolam and eventually Clonzapam and Diazepam, and I kinda wish they never did. While it helped tremendously with my quality of life in the short time, now me and so many others are paying the price of long-term benzo usage.

I also have anxiety and panic disorder, as well as severe insomnia. I was prescribes Lexapro (an SSRI) about two years ago now. At first, I was pissed because I thought the only thing that would actually be of any benefit to me would be some kind of benzo. But I'm guessing the Dr. saw me as a potential "drug seeker" due to my past, so gave me an SSRI instead. Three months later, I realized it's actually done way more good for me than I had ever expected. I'm glad I hadn't gotten a benzo. Benzo addictions are nasty, even if taken at the prescribed dose. SSRI w/d's are annoying, at most.

Basically, don't lose hope. Maybe an SSRI or SNRI could do some good? You never know.

The fact of the manner is that many doctors and psychiatrists are seeing first hand the abuse of Benzodiazepines and are hesitant to prescribe them, and would much rather lean towards and SSRI or SNRI (anything of the sort)

But this personal bias to prescribing techniques does not change the fact that some people NEED GABA drugs to function and make life...more liveable I guess. If your doctor will not even consider prescribing something you believe you need and would be beneficial, it may be time to try and find another doctor.

But then again they could just see you as a drug seeker and that's why. It took my countless visits to finally be prescribed Alprazolam and eventually Clonzapam and Diazepam, and I kinda wish they never did. While it helped tremendously with my quality of life in the short time, now me and so many others are paying the price of long-term benzo usage.

I'm not looking for another doctor because I will try her suggested medications. Ability and perhaps seroquel may be added to my routine Wednesday when I see her again. If she wasn't ignorant enough to bypass my blood test which i wouldnt doubt if she did..
I also don't want another docator because I'm not drug seeking WHATSOEVER, and don't want to be labeled as one.
Are you still struggling from it ? I wish u the best

I also have anxiety and panic disorder, as well as severe insomnia. I was prescribes Lexapro (an SSRI) about two years ago now. At first, I was pissed because I thought the only thing that would actually be of any benefit to me would be some kind of benzo. But I'm guessing the Dr. saw me as a potential "drug seeker" due to my past, so gave me an SSRI instead. Three months later, I realized it's actually done way more good for me than I had ever expected. I'm glad I hadn't gotten a benzo. Benzo addictions are nasty, even if taken at the prescribed dose. SSRI w/d's are annoying, at most.

Basically, don't lose hope. Maybe an SSRI or SNRI could do some good? You never know.

I'm on lamictal and vistiril right now. not sure if they helpme or not, But giving them a chance until I KNOW they aren't helpful.