• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Benzos and cocaethylene - how to avoid accidentally killing yourself

Vastness

Bluelight Crew
I have on a few occasions used benzos as a comedown drug at the end of a night binging on alcohol and cocaine. I understand of course that mixing benzodiazepines and alcohol is typically a bad idea, obviously this concerns me so because I realise that it is possible there is a non-zero chance that one day I might accidentally kill myself if I continue this unhealthy habit.

Obviously the ideal solution is to not do cocaine ever or do it in small enough quantities that the psychological dysphoria and uncomfortable, potentially heart-scarring excess stimulation towards the end does not happen to such an extent that any kind of comedown drug is needed... this is my plan, so I guess this post is to inform myself and hopefully others in case my resolve fails me at some point, and also to retrospectively understand the kind of danger I am putting myself in.

So essentially my question is, is the use of benzodiazepines to come down from cocaine, after a night where I have also consumed alcohol, still a catastrophically dangerous idea, or is the excess stimulation from the cocaethylene likely to offset the risk of any potentially fatal respiratory depression?

To talk specifics, I'm talking maybe 200-250ml of alcohol over the course of maybe 6-8 hours in the form of 8-10 beers, plus maybe 250-500mg of cocaine during the same period (usually closer to the ~300mg region though). Then followed by (for example) 20mg Valium (typically at least a few hours after the last drink).

Have you had breathing problems before on this combination? It's a dangerous combination moreso for blacking out and taking random shit than it is for respiratory depression from the initial intended dose. What you're doing is bad for you and could kill you so it's dangerous but maybe not in the way you're envisioning.

I have not had breathing problems no, at least, not that I have noticed, so not while I have been conscious.

I have not had a problem with blackouts from any drug for a long time now, and I generally only do this in controlled settings nowadays and feel I am familiar enough with the effects that any dangers resulting from impaired judgement, that do not involve choices relating to the consumption of more of less drugs, are not really a concern to me (assuming that's the kind of danger you are talking about).