Benzos @ AAS, interesting read.....

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Benzos & AAS, interesting read.....

Edit.....Title was meant to say 'Benzos & AAS' Cant seem to be able to change the title though.

Thought this maybe of interest to some who are on benzos and want to use AAS......

Benzodiazepines (Diazepam, Clonazepam, Oxazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, etc.): No direct negative interactions with anabolicsteroids. However, some clinical evidence suggests that some anabolic steroids seem to interact with the peripheral benzodiazepine receptors (PBRs), inhibiting them. One particular study on rats demonstrated that Stanozolol (Winstrol) inhibited the PBR up to 75% and 17beta-Testosterone Cypionate inhibited the PBR up to 40%, while the administration of 17alpha-methyltestosterone and Nortestosterone Decanoate did not demonstrate any significant inhibition of the PBR-specific ligand(4). Although the study does not make any conclusions about what result this might have on the effect of benzodiazepines in the body, it suggests that the use of certain anabolic steroids might reduce the effectiveness of different benzodiazepines due to the inhibition of the benzodiazepine receptors. However, anecdotal evidence would suggest that people who are prescribed benzodiazepines while on a cycle of anabolic steroids do not report any significant reduction in effectiveness. Even if some anabolic steroids do seem to inhibit the PBR, the fact that different benzodiazepine drugs exist with different strengths of activity would mean that various benzodiazepines might not be affected by this effect, and still bind quite strongly to the PBR despite any inhibition caused by AAS. For example, the PBR is actually Diazepam's secondary binding site, not its primary one(5). Furthermore (and this is going slightly off-topic here), the PBR controls many different functions in the human body and is not yet completely understood, but because benzodiazepines bind to the PBR and cause CNS depression (thus enabling the user to sleep), it might very well be possible that the 'Trensomnia' that is caused by Trenbolone might actually be due to Trenbolone possibly expressing strong inhibition of the PBR. The result would then of course be an inhibition of depressive effects on the CNS, thus disrupting sleep patterns.

Last edited:
I use alprazolam, clonazepam, and clonazolam and haven't noticed a difference from when I was natty or not. I don't usually exceed .5mg a day though. That is interesting

Have you found Testosterone helps or worsens your anxiety Intense? Trying to do as much research as I can to find out if AAS can help anxiety/low confidence. Dbol was amazing but made me feel a bit jittery, kind of like mild speed. Testosterone actually calms me down which is the opposite of what most people think it does, but I am definitely calmer when on Test, although may natty Test levels are very low.

I am prescribed diazepam and have been for the past 16 years for anxiety. Alprazolam I think is the strongest benzo? I am currently coming off Clonazepam, bloody 'ell its hard and this is a very slow taper, never knew Clonazepam was so addictive.

Have you found Testosterone helps or worsens your anxiety Intense? Trying to do as much research as I can to find out if AAS can help anxiety/low confidence. Dbol was amazing but made me feel a bit jittery, kind of like mild speed. Testosterone actually calms me down which is the opposite of what most people think it does, but I am definitely calmer when on Test, although may natty Test levels are very low.

I am prescribed diazepam and have been for the past 16 years for anxiety. Alprazolam I think is the strongest benzo? I am currently coming off Clonazepam, bloody 'ell its hard and this is a very slow taper, never knew Clonazepam was so addictive.

Testosterone specifically absolutely without a doubt lowers anxiety and reduces cortisol when using trt doses. When I blast and bump up the dose to 500-600mg/week I notice a little increase in anxiety but it seems to go away after the first couple weeks. My dopamine levels are higher on trt doses, and I just feel good overall. Yes, it has improved my confidence since starting a trt regimen, more energy+better mood = confidence increase.

Dbol is known to have somewhat of a mood lifting effect in some people, for me it just raises my blood pressure therefore increasing my anxiety.. Higher doses of tren also do this to me, which I try to avoid and just run a very low dose of tren. Tren for me, somewhat dulls my emotions so I can kind of be non empathetic which can cause problems if you're in a relationship but I love the way it makes me feel.

Any benzo can be strong depending on your dose, but yes I feel like xanax has the most intense effect on me personally when taking as little as .5-1mg. There are a few research chemicals such as clonozolam that sedate me pretty heavily at a very small dose. Klonopin has a longer half life and isn't as recreational but does better for me in my case.

Yes, benzos are very addictive and tolerance builds quickly. Which is why I try to keep use to a minimum and not go above my prescribed .5mg/night.

Testosterone specifically absolutely without a doubt lowers anxiety and reduces cortisol when using trt doses. When I blast and bump up the dose to 500-600mg/week I notice a little increase in anxiety but it seems to go away after the first couple weeks. My dopamine levels are higher on trt doses, and I just feel good overall. Yes, it has improved my confidence since starting a trt regimen, more energy+better mood = confidence increase.

Dbol is known to have somewhat of a mood lifting effect in some people, for me it just raises my blood pressure therefore increasing my anxiety.. Higher doses of tren also do this to me, which I try to avoid and just run a very low dose of tren. Tren for me, somewhat dulls my emotions so I can kind of be non empathetic which can cause problems if you're in a relationship but I love the way it makes me feel.

Any benzo can be strong depending on your dose, but yes I feel like xanax has the most intense effect on me personally when taking as little as .5-1mg. There are a few research chemicals such as clonozolam that sedate me pretty heavily at a very small dose. Klonopin has a longer half life and isn't as recreational but does better for me in my case.

Yes, benzos are very addictive and tolerance builds quickly. Which is why I try to keep use to a minimum and not go above my prescribed .5mg/night.

Very informative, thank you.

I have been on Clonazepam 0.5mg daily for 6 years, the past 14 months I have managed to reduce it to 0.25mg, so taken me over a year to reduce the dose by half! Diazepam, I was on 25mg daily for 10 years but dropped from 25mg to 10mg daily in under 6 months, far easier to lower the dose as in withdrawal effects than Clonazepam. I have some Test Cyp here dosed at 200mg per 1ml, some guys at the gym have said to stay well clear of it until I am off the benzos but part of me wants to try it, dont know how I will respond whilst in benzo withdrawal though? interesting you saying about blood pressure with Dbol, my blood pressure went up whilst on Dbol so that could explain the anxiety feelings on it.

My natty Test levels are 242 yet the Dr wont treat me, typical NHS.....I am in the UK. My cortisol levels were very high on last bloods, Dr said not to worry as its because I am anxious and wanted to increase my Diazepam but dont wont to be on benzos for the rest of my life. My energy levels are low, tired a lot, low libido, loss of interest in things, irritable and have gained over 20lbs that is all around my mid section and my chest are starting to looks like breasts, this is with a clean diet, well I have a small chocolate bar a day but my diet otherwise is very clean, brown rice, chicken breast, veg, eggs, oatmeal, tuna.....No white bread, white rice, pasta, cakes, crisps etc so cant understand the weight gain and loss of energy and high anxiety....Must be Testosterone related or high E2 levels?

Very informative, thank you.

I have been on Clonazepam 0.5mg daily for 6 years, the past 14 months I have managed to reduce it to 0.25mg, so taken me over a year to reduce the dose by half! Diazepam, I was on 25mg daily for 10 years but dropped from 25mg to 10mg daily in under 6 months, far easier to lower the dose as in withdrawal effects than Clonazepam. I have some Test Cyp here dosed at 200mg per 1ml, some guys at the gym have said to stay well clear of it until I am off the benzos but part of me wants to try it, dont know how I will respond whilst in benzo withdrawal though? interesting you saying about blood pressure with Dbol, my blood pressure went up whilst on Dbol so that could explain the anxiety feelings on it.

My natty Test levels are 242 yet the Dr wont treat me, typical NHS.....I am in the UK. My cortisol levels were very high on last bloods, Dr said not to worry as its because I am anxious and wanted to increase my Diazepam but dont wont to be on benzos for the rest of my life. My energy levels are low, tired a lot, low libido, loss of interest in things, irritable and have gained over 20lbs that is all around my mid section and my chest are starting to looks like breasts, this is with a clean diet, well I have a small chocolate bar a day but my diet otherwise is very clean, brown rice, chicken breast, veg, eggs, oatmeal, tuna.....No white bread, white rice, pasta, cakes, crisps etc so cant understand the weight gain and loss of energy and high anxiety....Must be Testosterone related or high E2 levels?

Why would they tell you to not do something about your low hormone levels just because you are on benzos? The anxiety you are feeling could be from a number of things. But my anxiety was much worse before going on TRT, additionally my cortisol was much higher as well.

I would go to a different doc, not sure how it is in the UK but your levels are low and any trt doc would have no problem putting you on if everything checked out.

You need to get blood work and go from there.

As far as fat gain while having a clean diet. It's dependent on your hormones. For example Matt Porter came off all gear and his test was crashed, his diet was pretty spot on and was still losing muscle while gaining fat. He has a video series on youtube called "smaller by the day" lol.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mattporterapproved

Why would they tell you to not do something about your low hormone levels just because you are on benzos? The anxiety you are feeling could be from a number of things. But my anxiety was much worse before going on TRT, additionally my cortisol was much higher as well.

I would go to a different doc, not sure how it is in the UK but your levels are low and any trt doc would have no problem putting you on if everything checked out.

You need to get blood work and go from there.

As far as fat gain while having a clean diet. It's dependent on your hormones. For example Matt Porter came off all gear and his test was crashed, his diet was pretty spot on and was still losing muscle while gaining fat. He has a video series on youtube called "smaller by the day" lol.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mattporterapproved

Thanks for the link :)

As we have the NHS in the UK everything is on such a tight budget. Benzos are so cheap, costs my Dr's surgery £2.89p for 28 x 10mg Diazepam tabs. Testosterone is expensive, £76.22p for 30 sachets of testo-gel. The Dr will always make out its because of something else rather than cost. In my case he said TRT causes prostate cancer and also I am still in the 'normal' range just the low part of the normal range. He also said Testosterone causes really bad anxiety. I have always felt good off Test though, but he does not believe me.

Thanks for the link :)

As we have the NHS in the UK everything is on such a tight budget. Benzos are so cheap, costs my Dr's surgery £2.89p for 28 x 10mg Diazepam tabs. Testosterone is expensive, £76.22p for 30 sachets of testo-gel. The Dr will always make out its because of something else rather than cost. In my case he said TRT causes prostate cancer and also I am still in the 'normal' range just the low part of the normal range. He also said Testosterone causes really bad anxiety. I have always felt good off Test though, but he does not believe me.

I see. Well isn't test legal to buy OTC in the UK? or am I way off here..

What is the range? Here anything below 270ng/dL is considered low. I was in the high 300s.

So the healthcare system wants citizens to be zombies but not have a better quality of life and be manly men lol, jk. Your doctor doesn't sound very knowledgeable if he thinks a trt dose of testosterone is going to cause anxiety. I have to get over 600mg to have any sort of anxiety, and even then I'm just a little more intense, which is nothing I can't take out in the gym. Take anything I say with a grain of salt because I am by no means knowledgeable on the subject, just going off personal experience. I try not to regurgitate much of what I read online, because I have found that a good majority of what I have read is BS.

Strange laws on AAS in the UK......We can posses say 1,000 dbol tabs and 100 x 1ml vials of test and not get done for it, but you are not allowed to sell AAS but aloud to buy it and posses it....Very strange law!

Range in the UK is 195-550. My Dr has no idea about medication, he stopped my 6 years of prescribed dose of Clonazepam at 0.5mg everyday for 10mg of Amitriptyline saying it was the same thing, I felt so so unwell that i had to source Clonazepam from someone I know who has epilepsy and gets prescribed it.

My Dr said anything above 100mg of Test will cause extreme anxiety, paranoia and aggression......I have never felt paranoid off Test and actually felt more calm when taking it, but he wont believe this.

Strange laws on AAS in the UK......We can posses say 1,000 dbol tabs and 100 x 1ml vials of test and not get done for it, but you are not allowed to sell AAS but aloud to buy it and posses it....Very strange law!

Range in the UK is 195-550. My Dr has no idea about medication, he stopped my 6 years of prescribed dose of Clonazepam at 0.5mg everyday for 10mg of Amitriptyline saying it was the same thing, I felt so so unwell that i had to source Clonazepam from someone I know who has epilepsy and gets prescribed it.

My Dr said anything above 100mg of Test will cause extreme anxiety, paranoia and aggression......I have never felt paranoid off Test and actually felt more calm when taking it, but he wont believe this.

Wish I could get some of those strange laws over here in the US lol.

How do people like that get through medical school? makes me wonder.