• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzodiazepines & withdrawal Stories

In 2020, I was prescribed Xanax. First four 0.5mgs, but it was increased to three 1mgs per day. Once I was put on Vicodin for my Fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease joint pain, and Arthritis in my knees, my doctor took me down 1mg per day. My friend started selling me 2mg bars this past summer, if I remember correctly. Now I take like 6-10 bars per day, trying to sleep and trying to fight anxiety.
My supplier may not be able to help me anymore, and I don’t know how to taper down without screwing things up and getting myself taken off the pain meds (I’m really careful about not OD’ing, and it’s been a success for a while now). But now I have no idea how to ween myself off without basically outting myself to my doctor and getting myself taken off any schedule 2’s, like my ADHD meds, my regularly prescribed 2mgs per day Xanax and the Vicodin, which is helping me til I can get into Physical, Occupational and Cognitive Therapy. How do I ween myself off? If I took 4mgs aka 2 bars/day, would I be able to ween down to my 1mgs, twice per day, without going through withdrawals and seizures and possibly dying? Please help!

Now I take like 6-10 bars per day,

I’m really careful about not OD’ing

Eating 12 to 20 mg alprazolam a day while you are using opiates too, is indeed a curious way of being careful about not overdosing

My supplier may not be able to help me anymore, and I don’t know how to taper down without screwing things up and getting myself taken off the pain meds

If you fear that such thing may happen, you shouldn't be taken those heroic doses. In case that you supplier disapears, your priority should be keeping yourself safe, and that means to get yourself on a slow diazepam taper. You need the diazepam to be legit, no room for bullshit here. So, you probably will have to seek medical care&advise, even if doing so you jeopardize your pain meds prescription. I know this is not what you want to hear, but such is life.
Good luck and be safe.

Eating 12 to 20 mg alprazolam a day while you are using opiates too, is indeed a curious way of being careful about not overdosing

If you fear that such thing may happen, you shouldn't be taken those heroic doses. In case that you supplier disapears, your priority should be keeping yourself safe, and that means to get yourself on a slow diazepam taper. You need the diazepam to be legit, no room for bullshit here. So, you probably will have to seek medical care&advise, even if doing so you jeopardize your pain meds prescription. I know this is not what you want to hear, but such is life.
Good luck and be safe.
Diazepam is a benzo too, right? Is it just less dangerous? I could ask my doctor to switch me to it. I just didn’t know if there was a way to ween off Xanax if I could get a good bit of it. Is that possible?

Yes, diazepam is a benzo, it is the compound that you find in Valium pills. It is safer than Xanax because it has a very long half life, it lasts for days in your system so it allows you to gradually taper without suffering too much distress in every dosage drop and it doesn't cause that much of a interdose wd like Xanax does.
Of course your doctor can switch you from Xanax to diazepam, but here comes the problem: you are doing a very serious amount of Xanax, 12 to 20 mg a day Diazepam is much weaker mg vs mg, like a 2 mg bar of Xanax equals aprox 40 mg of diazepam. So you are taking anywhere from 240 to 400 mg a day. That's an enormous amount that no fucking doctor will prescribe for you to take at home, or so I think.
My advise would be to start tapering the amount of xanax, or even better switch to clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril, etc ..), wich is another benzo, as strong as Xanax but long lasting like diazepam. Then you can taper that clonazepam to say 3 mg day, the less obviously the better, and from there you could switch that clonazepam to diazepam for a further, more gradual and forgiving taper.
Whatever you do, remember that any taper has to be slow and smooth, no dramatic drops of dose. You can drop by 10% or so and stay in the new dose for 2 or 3 weeks and then drop another 10%,, stay anorher 2/3 weeks and then repeat. When you reach low doses you can change your drop schedule to a more bareable 5% if you feel that you need to do so.
Hope you get your problem sorted.
Stay safe.

Jail - S. Florida -(isolated in the hole) forced WD from say 10mg alp a day. Also roxi, methadone and cigs amongst a few other less addictive and less severe WD causing elements.
Got some more stories but'll save em for future posts, yeah? ;)

Nobody will pay attention to me

Can you tell I've been hiding from the storm?
Can you see I don't want to be here anymore?
I want out of the darkness
In my mind but what if they don't find me in time

What am I gonna do with all this war paint?
I'm running out of battles with my name
I'm tired of searching ready for something to go wrong

Did you hear I lost my mind again?
I had tried to find it in the medicine
It's been known to kill everything else
But sometimes nothing is better than the things that I have felt

I'm running out of battles with my name
I'm tired of searching ready for something to go wrong

I'm tired of searching out of habit

Ready for something to go wrong

Na
Jail - S. Florida -(isolated in the hole) forced WD from say 10mg alp a day. Also roxi, methadone and cigs amongst a few other less addictive and less severe WD causing elements.
Got some more stories but'll save em for future posts, yeah? ;)
Oh hell no that sounds like absolute hell on earth