• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzodiazepines & withdrawal Stories

Jowieseff

Bluelighter
Hey all.. please post your benzo withdrawal stories here. Some people do not know that this is even a thing (such as me) years ago until I found out the hard way. I will post mine later on.

Cheers !!

I ended up getting my self dependant on 8mg of Alprazolam a day for about 6 months and then my supplier suddenly vanished and I was forced to stop cold-turkey. What I went through was very dangerous and traumatic, that was 4 years ago now and I still think about the withdrawals to this day in the form of PTSD it was that severe! In hindsight I should of gone to my doctor for a Diazepam taper. I royaly suffered for about 7 straight days and then things started to dramatically improve after that. It took about 3-4 weeks to feel normal again (symptom free).

Hello, in my experience benzos made my anxiety worse which made it impossible to quit. Especially xanax, it produced anxiety between doses and I had to take it several times a day. Now I take clonazepam (I have been taking benzos daily for almost 5 years) at one point last year I had withdrawal from xanax and tramadol at the same time, it produced a lot of anxiety, depression and psychosis to the point of wanting to commit suicide. I hate benzos for many reasons.

It’s kind of chalked up into one cause I was also detoxing from 8 mg of Suboxone cold turkey too, but I had just killed a 1,000 mg bag of Etizolam in about 2 weeks (total blackout for majority of the time).

Got arrested with 9 grams of heroin and 15 Valium’s, went right into a sober house no detox from bailing out of jail. (Case ended up getting dismissed I was arrested after an overdose and they couldn’t prove distribution it was all in one bag, my state has a law you can’t be persecuted for a life saving situation such as an overdose and personal possession...)

For the first 5 days of that detox I was in IOP groups all day and I sat in that chair with such petrifying anxiety I couldn’t even say my name and I was shaking.

I honestly spent the first 5 days waiting to seize, even though I never have before, but I could feel my body on the verge of total collapse and a feeling that Is quite terrifying. Many times I was offered to go to the hospital but I knew the only thing that would help would be more benzos and I was trying to get clean.

I survived it. It was one of the worst detoxes of my life.

I was forced to go cold turkey after several years on various prescribed benzos. Klonopin, Xanax & finally Ativan 1mg. My insurance had run out & I had no cash flow at the time. I developed extreme benzo belly & could not eat for about 2 weeks. Not even a saltine cracker could my stomach bear. The insomnia though, dear gawd it was eyes wide open for what seemed endless days & nights. I finally got my mother to call her doctor & ask for a refill on her Xanax. Nowadays I always make sure I see my doctor so I can stay on my Ativan 1 mg. I went from weighing 127 to 113. Eek

I ended up getting my self dependant on 8mg of Alprazolam a day for about 6 months and then my supplier suddenly vanished and I was forced to stop cold-turkey. What I went through was very dangerous and traumatic, that was 4 years ago now and I still think about the withdrawals to this day in the form of PTSD it was that severe! In hindsight I should of gone to my doctor for a Diazepam taper. I royaly suffered for about 7 straight days and then things started to dramatically improve after that. It took about 3-4 weeks to feel normal again (symptom free).
Thanks for your story... I'm so pleased with your description being "traumatic" mine was exactly that and maybe even worse.. just don't know a better word to use. I still to this day remember mine... not sleeping for 2 weeks straight literally and my brain was just firing all types of misfires and shaking nearly dying also. Can't believe doctors are allowed to prescribe this shyt.

Ever since then if I take a benzo it's not more than 2 days in a row

So I was prescribed Klonopin for a year. 4 mgs a day was my dosage. However, me being me. I ended up taking upwards to 20 or 30 mgs daily my last week or two being on it. I bought a lot on the street and hustled my doctor pretty easily to get more anytime. I honestly think my last few days I took 40 mgs or so daily. This ended up being the worst withdrawal I've ever had in my life. I couldn't sleep for weeks the only thing that got me some sleep was a Huge bottle of jack Daniel's or something and I couldn't think for shyt. Couldn't reason. Ended up staying at some hotel somehow and the lady had to call my mom and she kept asking me if she is my wife but I couldn't vividly express my vocal chords to explain to her that she wasn't my wife she was my mom. Somehow she knew to order a pizza with my credit card to my door and all I remember is hitting the hotel bed after a bottle of jack and waking up at 12Midnight. I was a whole state away Nd somehow my mom knew to come pick me up. Finally she rescued me after a lot of headaches trying to explain to her what wZ happening and where the location of my hotel was.

God it went on and on like this for weeks and after a full month or so I finally started to get better buy it took a year or two. There's so much more to this story but it made me realize how dangerous these things are and never ever tried to buy a lot of them in a row. I'm even stupid for using them once in a blue moon cause after that experience I should never want to use them ever again.

I've taken Xanax (2mg) on occasion, but nowhere near often enough to build any kind of tolerance. Even the very first time I took it (2mg), I didn't really "feel" anything with it. It did help me get to sleep though. But it felt natural, rather than sedative. I could have easily made myself stay awake without really feeling anything on it.

For those who react differently to Benzo's and have built up a tolerance/dependency and are trying to get off them. The first obvious step is to gradually reduce your dosage. The second step is to take GABA as a supplement. This will help replenish what has been lost from long term Benzo use. And the one that is criminally overlooked is the use of Niacin (Vitamin B3). When taken in high concentrations, Niacin can upregulate and re-sensitize the GABA receptors. The use of L-Theanine is also recommended. It acts as a glutamate antagonist and through the inhibition of certain receptors, also helps to raise GABA levels, as well as Dopamine and Serotonin levels.

Question. I'm coming off bad alcohol withdrawal. Mainly vodka. My friend bought me some K-pins amd a Xamqx bar. I took half of the Xanax bar. Now I'm wondering if i took 2 25 mg of Hydroxyzine shoulthis potentiate the xanax also. Any imput wiild be great....
XaddictX

First time, I jumped at 6mg alprazolam / day after six months.
That was hell. I was so fucking unprepared for the shitstorm that came.

But the worst was when having to do a quick taper from 14-16mg of clonazepam/day, down to zero in a month.
FUCK me.

All in all, I think I've had withdrawals, serious such, around 6 or 7 times.

This time, it went easy. Too easy. I barely broke a sweat, which is weird.

Took 2-3 street bars daily for 7ish months, initial withdrawals took quite a while to show up but nevertheless the climax was unexpected and unplanned and resulted in escaping death because if the first seizure had happened 60-90 seconds earlier, I would have been going down a flight of stairs, or I would have been upstairs alone in a bed where the 4 other people in the house wouldn't have heard a sound and I never would have gotten the oxygen until it was too late.

It was the craziest day of my life because like 8 hours earlier I had called an ambulance for myself because I felt like I was going to stroke out.
Ride picked me up from ER and we started talking about...withdrawal seizures
And that's exactly what happened less than 15 minutes after arriving home.

Last edited:
Took 2-3 street bars daily for 7ish months, initial withdrawals took quite a while to show up but nevertheless the climax was unexpected and unplanned and resulted in escaping death because if the first seizure had happened 60-90 seconds earlier, I would have been going down a flight of stairs, or I would have been upstairs alone in a bed where the 4 other people in the house wouldn't have heard a sound and I never would have gotten the oxygen until it was too late.

It was the craziest day of my life because like 8 hours earlier I had called an ambulance for myself because I felt like I was going to stroke out.
Ride picked me up from ER and we started talking about...withdrawal seizures
And that's exactly what happened less than 15 minutes after arriving home.

2-3 bars of Xanax? Shouldn't lead to withdrawal seizures, even after several months. May have been bad bars and possibly laced with Fentanyl? Genuine Xanax isn't that strong and taking 4-6mgs per day is generally safe. Combining it with heavy amounts of alcohol or certain other substances can increase the potency, even anti acids.

Sometimes I take Calcium Carbonate supplements before popping 10mgs of Valium and I definitively feel a mild sedative effect just from taking that. But without the Carbonate or some other anti-acid, I don't even feel anything. Wouldn't do it with Xanax though, or more potent benzo's.

2-3 bars of Xanax? Shouldn't lead to withdrawal seizures, even after several months. May have been bad bars and possibly laced with Fentanyl? Genuine Xanax isn't that strong and taking 4-6mgs per day is generally safe. Combining it with heavy amounts of alcohol or certain other substances can increase the potency, even anti acids.

Sometimes I take Calcium Carbonate supplements before popping 10mgs of Valium and I definitively feel a mild sedative effect just from taking that. But without the Carbonate or some other anti-acid, I don't even feel anything. Wouldn't do it with Xanax though, or more potent benzo's.
Haha the bars may have said Xanax but it was more like flualp which is twice as potent as alprazolam with 14 hour duration. And some of the bars clearly were dosed higher than others...and yes there was also fentanyl in them too. It was like the pill pressers were accurately weighing the fentanyl in tiny doses then using cheap ass scales to weigh the flualp.

Eventually stopped getting bars from that source and started getting ones that felt like etizolam that was weighed fairly accurately. I eventually got on demand access to bar testing which revealed my newer source was selling me fentanyl free bars which were positive for benzodiazepines. But this was after the damage had been done and the withdrawal symptoms were making themselves known.

I also smoke quite a bit of meth during those 7-8months as well..surely didn't help

Last edited:
Haha the bars may have said Xanax but it was more like flualp which is twice as potent as alprazolam with 14 hour duration. And some of the bars clearly were dosed higher than others...and yes there was also fentanyl in them too. It was like the pill pressers were accurately weighing the fentanyl in tiny doses then using cheap ass scales to weigh the flualp.

Eventually stopped getting bars from that source and started getting ones that felt like etizolam that was weighed fairly accurately. I eventually got on demand access to bar testing which revealed my newer source was selling me fentanyl free bars which were positive for benzodiazepines. But this was after the damage had been done and the withdrawal symptoms were making themselves known.

I also smoke quite a bit of meth during those 7-8months as well..surely didn't help

Not sure i'm really allowed to make recommendations on here. But there's a certain "dark market" on "that" side of the web where you can purchase Xanax Bars by Kern Pharma at a reasonable price. They appear to be Spanish generics, but are the real deal. I'm not really much of a benzoac myself. But enjoy the odd mellow every now and then. Taking some carbonate before hand to reduce your stomach's PH level can aid their effect. As long as you're sensibly dosing.

Not sure i'm really allowed to make recommendations on here. But there's a certain "dark market" on "that" side of the web where you can purchase Xanax Bars by Kern Pharma at a reasonable price. They appear to be Spanish generics, but are the real deal. I'm not really much of a benzoac myself. But enjoy the odd mellow every now and then. Taking some carbonate before hand to reduce your stomach's PH level can aid their effect. As long as you're sensibly dosing.
I know of the place. But I'll be better off not buying any more benzos for a long time, counterfeit or not. I just cannot trust buying a seizure and delirium causing drug from the internet, counterfeit or not. The fake batch that forced me into immediate withdrawals that almost killed me, I messaged the vendor beforehand and asked if he could be more mindful about where the package gets dropped because I am facing dangerous seizures while being alone. The shipping I paid for is supposed to be 3 business days max which actually has never happened to me on that particular site. He's like oh yeah I got you brother don't worry. Accepted and shipped the order very quickly but it still ended up being 100% fake garbage. I got locked out of my account shortly after and when I registered a new one to get my money back I found out the site is now charging a 100$ fee for buyers to do anything other than message support.

I haven't paid it yet because I am suspicious about the motives behind the fee. Especially because other suspicious things have already been going on like a majority of my packages all coming from the same part of the country even though I supposedly bought from 4-5 different vendors. Especially one who was very successful on dream market but is now sending packages from that area too even though he used to send them from somewhere else around 4500km away...

Apparently he just picked up a massive drug operation and moved it across a vast distance without any issues.

Last edited:

Every person has a different threshold and predisposition to seizures. My friend seized withdrawaling from heroin and Gabapentin, a grand Mal seizure and he ended up in the hospital and was paddled his heart stopped. He hadn’t touched a benzo in years.

4-6 mg months long is definitely possible to induce seizures in some individuals. Yes some push way past that as I did but I never used for more than a 2-4 week period of intense benzo usage.

A lot of the bars pressed on dark net markets are advertised at 3-4 mg and they are not pressed professionally and definitely have probably up to a +2/-2 mg error seeing as the whole pill is filler basically. So if you took 3 bars a day and they were pressed to be 3 mg but we’re off in the extra direction that could potentially be 15 mg of Xanax or flualp

Every person has a different threshold and predisposition to seizures. My friend seized withdrawaling from heroin and Gabapentin, a grand Mal seizure and he ended up in the hospital and was paddled his heart stopped. He hadn’t touched a benzo in years.

4-6 mg months long is definitely possible to induce seizures in some individuals. Yes some push way past that as I did but I never used for more than a 2-4 week period of intense benzo usage.

A lot of the bars pressed on dark net markets are advertised at 3-4 mg and they are not pressed professionally and definitely have probably up to a +2/-2 mg error seeing as the whole pill is filler basically. So if you took 3 bars a day and they were pressed to be 3 mg but we’re off in the extra direction that could potentially be 15 mg of Xanax or flualp
Yes exactly, every bar I took was pressed to be 2 or 3mg each. The 2mg ones were my favorite in terms of the consistency of effects. Every random and sudden blackout occurred after taking the '3mg' pressers.

I actually spent one night in detox last winter and walked in with 5 of the 2mg presses in my pocket. Walked out after a great sleep with 4 bars still remaining :)

A friend stole a pad of scripts from a drs office. Ate up to 12 mg a day for 4 month straight.

Hands down the worst I've ever psychically and mentally felt in my life. No sleeping or eating, all the good stuff..

But it was the dreams that literally broke me.

I would dream, then wake up believing i was still in that dream.

Situations were family members were being killed in front of my eyes, criminals trying to break into my house to get me and setting the place a light..

Believing some random on Facebook was messaging me telling me he was coming up to stab me, going into the garage to grab an axe then waiting on my bed.. then my mum walking in wondering wtf..

They were the worst dreams, I had this go on for about a week.

It wasn't untill I called my mum up one day asking if one of the dogs was killed and the laundry set on fire the night before, and she replied no, that I broke down and thought I was in full blown psychosis, not able to differentiate dreams from reality.

12 years since then, and I could recount in perfect detail still, alot of those dreams.

300 tablets of Canadian Apo-Tex Valium (Diazepam 10mg) tablets used as needed

1,500+ mg of liquid Diclazepam 1mg/per ml (Amazing LONG acting benzo with 3 active metabolites, significantly being Delorazepam and then finally into Lorazepam (Ativan)

40,000 mg of Pregabalin (Lyrica) to enhance synergy

Cannabis Indica & Sativa dried flower

Ketamine Hydrochloride salts 1,000 mg

LSD-25 - standard 100ug tabs (20-30 tabs) Saturday special with GF

Liquids Diclazepam 1mg > Delorazepam >> Lorazepam (Ativan) is the best tapering tool for benzo reduction….if not available seek medical treatment. Diazepam 10mg, then 5mg scored tablets, then 2mg scored tablets…..1mg of Diazepam several times daily at end of taper plus Pregabalin & Clonidine

Well back in 2013 to 2014 I was on Klonopin 1 mg 3 times a day for a year straight and I had to detox cold turkey and I went through muscle spasms, shakes, eyes twitching, paranoia, sensitivity to lights and sounds, fatigue, and extreme anxiety for two weeks. I didn't get full blown delirium tremors but it still sucked.