• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzodiazepine steps and tips to get off the pills

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Just looking for a good reduction from about 4-5 mg Xanax and 4-5 mg klonopin a day. What would be a good % drop weekly? Bi weekly? Any information would be appreciated.
I wanna reduce but reduce saftly and comfortably.

You would get more views/answers if this was in "other drugs" or "basic drug discussion".

Hopefully a mod sees this and moves it over for you.

This is a great resource for learning about benzo tapers/detox etc. I highly recommend you read it. It provides scheduled tapers for different benzodiazepines as well. Good stuff.

Second this.

Basically my advice would be to switch to diazepam only and taper via the ashton manual.

Drop the xanax and up your klonopin dose to keep you comfortable (only if you have to - you might be ok 5mg clonazepam is a high dose). If you can't get diazepam Klonopin will do. Drop 10% of your dose every two weeks, go slower if you need to.

Read the ashton manual. Understand the pharmakinetics of whats going on it will help.

I get my xanax on diff and early date then my klonopin. I already ate 30 1mg pills and its been only 2 days since i gottem. Someone help i still have about 60 of them and i get 60 klons on the 12th its the 8th so idk please help anyone. Please help with a wien schedule. Any help very much appreciated. I was just takin them 2 @ time which = a bar 2mg but like at 4 times i just want off thesr benzos i have been struggling for a long time with this damn addiction. I might need to go to rehab but lets try to get around that any help with weing will help.
Thanks again
James.

Second this.

Basically my advice would be to switch to diazepam only and taper via the ashton manual.

Excellent answer. Valium only for taper. The Ashton manual is plenty liberal with the dosages.
You have received a fair amount of benzo answers. I'll leave this thread alone for a while. You have a lot of good answers including this one.!

I get my xanax on diff and early date then my klonopin. I already ate 30 1mg pills and its been only 2 days since i gottem. Someone help i still have about 60 of them and i get 60 klons on the 12th its the 8th so idk please help anyone. Please help with a wien schedule. Any help very much appreciated. I was just takin them 2 @ time which = a bar 2mg but like at 4 times i just want off thesr benzos i have been struggling for a long time with this damn addiction. I might need to go to rehab but lets try to get around that any help with weing will help.
Thanks again
James.

Read the manual, man. Your question was answered. It's now down to you and your self-control. We're here to give you info like that and support you in spirit and all...now it's time to act, Benzo Buddy!

Is it important enough for you to intervene and change shit? I'll tell you right now, if you don't really want to quit deep down, it probably ain't happening.

You have to make up your mind. Eating 30mgs of alprazolam in 2 days is not going to lead you anywhere good.

Right i feel you i started cutting back a lot yesterday all i took was one at a time today im taking only half at a time ive already ate about 2mgs xanax but will not eat another half until i have too.

Im also scripted suboxone n8 strips do they block xanax in any way or anything like that?

Benzos are extremely hard to withdrawal from period

They sure are. The key is to taper and try to anchor your desire to quit/cut down to something that matters deeply in your heart. Don't do it just because it's the smart thing to do; anchor it to something that really matters.

I didnt go on valium to get off clonazepam, i did it just with clonazepam. I took xanax before but didnt like them.Sure they felt alot stronger but made a rebound for anxiety/nervousness. So got switched back to clonazepam.was on them for 3 yrs straights. It got very out of hand, eating them like candy by handfuls and drinking doing other drugs with them, i had built up a "depressant" tolerance. I eventually decided i wanted off 5 yrs ago and the Dr.who had put me on them didnt like my idea of having me "get off" and didnt want to help soI did it alone by myself, i researched all online and read the ashton manual/benzo.org. Wasnt easy but i believe it took me all yr to get down to nothing from about 3-4/5mgs a day.sometimes I would go over or under but yea approx would take 5mg day. did a taper and i am benzo free about 5 yrs now.

Yeah i looked up the ashton manual and im deff going to use it once i get my own place and its just my wife and I. The ashton manual seems the best route mad props doin it on urr own!!