• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine Potentiation

My tolerance has just got too high so im thinking of trying the grapefruit juice think, white grapefruit juice is it? would it make xanax last longer aswell?

thanks.

Yes, it prevents alprazolam from being metabolized, so it would make it last longer. If your tolerance is high then I can't guarantee you'll be able to keep getting high on alprazolam, benzo tolerance tends to lead to long-term lack of medicinal/recreational effects.

Good luck!

Vistaril and phenergan seem to also potentiate its effects. Its more of a synergistic effect but they act on different enzymes. My x took about 25 Xanax, heroin, alcohol and speed, He ended up robbing a store at Haight Ashbury and before the police got him, he literally blew his own brains out. :( Very careless and dangerous combo!

thanks CH, i ended up taking 7mg xanax last night and 10mg valium, was hoping the valium would help so i didnt wake up wding early, but ive woke up 4 hours after the xanax (cant beleive it took that much to get me to sleep) and feel shit (not wd's, but u know that shit feeling ur having before WD's) Does anyone have any suggestions to make xanax sleep last longer haha esp if uve built this higher tolerance.

Ive got this tolerancen in just 2 months use, its unreal. Goonna have some GBL and a Cig and try and get a bit more sleep, as ive heard ciggarettes get it out of your system faster too.

How about cimetidine as a potentiator of xanax. I take both and want to taper. Scared that if I stop the cimetidine, my plasma levels will plumet? Anyone know the magnitude of potentiation, if at all?

Cimetidine—Co-administration of cimetidine increased
the maximum plasma concentration of alprazolam by
86%, decreased clearance by 42%, and increased halflife
by 16%.

Taken from Xanax package insert.

^Right above you is the scientific data on the subject and if you search around you'll find that a lot of people have successfully used both cimetidine and grape fruit juice with xanax.

dont underestimate the mix of valium with alcohol. you can really lose it binging on benzos. especially diazepam, it stays in you a long time, can make you feel very clouded (and fuck up your liver/blood/whatever). i recently took like 100 mg of valium two nights, i dont know howi took 10 pills at once, plus tons of hydromorphone and liquor and pot and smokes, as a result my dick was completely limp for a week or so. dont fuck with your body too much lol. :D (actually go ahead, it'll be a new experiment for future kids on BL)

i took 10 10mg green vals n felt a lil past wonderful,,,,,,,,very sloppy but i learned my lesson after i got myself together because i used to bad on all pills

My tolerance has just got too high so im thinking of trying the grapefruit juice think, white grapefruit juice is it? would it make xanax last longer aswell?

thanks.

like me i think we both need to take a break from the benzos regardless of grapefruit juice consumption.

i reccently had a horrific 72 experience whilst on hoiliday in thailand due to mixing xanax,valium and alcohol.

lost my mind,lost my bags,lost my passport,lost my clothes,lost my atm cards :(

also missed a flight.

lost a complete night of my life and worst of all in due process probably lost what i was hoping would be a life-long friend 8o <3:|

long story maybe for another time

Potentiating a .5

Ive been using benzos and opiates for about a year now. there was a time that at least 4 or 5 days a week I would take like 2, 3 or 4 2mg Clonazepam and I also was a big fan of Percocet and even tramadol (i know its not an opiate or benzo but with the right dose it gets me relaxed as a muthafucker)
Know I have stopped taking benzos and opiates, well at least buying them when i stumble upon some (free, found or whatever) ill take them.

I found 1 .5 mg orange football Xanax in my Uncle's room, i didnt know it was a .5 till I investigated, i have only taken up to like 3mg of Xanax at a time but that was a while back.

So I have that .5 football, and I want to take it tomorrow to be relaxed at school but I dont think ill feel a half mg. What can I use to possibly potentiate?
oh and also i have around 60 or 50 mg of codeine powder I got from cold water extracting from some codeine pills. What it be alright if i took the codeine and the xanax?

Most people would struggle to feel .5 Xanax. It may provide relief from anxiety-related symptoms but it's not going to get you 'high'.

Depending on when you last dosed an opiate, the Codeine may give you a little buzz. It's a pretty low amount but would have some effect on a person with no tolerance.

I'd say you'll get some minor relaxation and possibly a bit of euphoria from the combination. It's highly unlikely it will knock you out so you should be OK to take it at school.

As I've always said, I've never really understood the point of getting high at school. If I wanted to be high that bad, I'd come up with bullshit excuse not to go and get high on my own terms. Teachers, schoolwork and other straight edge kids are not a good environmnent for drug use.

Ok thanks. Im just gonna take them and see whats up I might even be able to get a free 2mg Clonazepam at school.

I get what your saying but my school is a little different. For kind of like kids that have been kicked out of every school. Basically everybody is high on something.

captain (and other crew/mods) - sorry if this has been addressed, but i have read this entire thread and came up without an answer to my specific question.

i am using diazepam to "take the edge off" during an opiate detox, but my supply is extremely limited and i wish (of course) to make it last longer/be as powerful as possible.

i am using seroquel for general sedation, very low dose bupe injected when i can get it (which is rarely) and diazepam. i am potentiating the diazepam with red 100% grapefruit juice (which is definitely working, despite the claims that only white works.) i am also using diphenhydramine for additional sedation/potentiation of the bupe and cimetidine. in addition, i discovered a small stash of old muscle relaxants (chlorzoxazone) which i figure can't hurt.

now, my question: should i be taking the potentiators first? i assume so, but keep reading conflicting opinions on the matter. if the answer is "yes, take them before," how long before? half an hour? an hour? i usually try to take everything on an empty stomach, if only because i don't eat much anyway. should i do half and half? half the potentiators before and half when i dose?

any help would be appreciated. opiate withdrawal sucks and i can't afford suboxone and the doctor's visit (plus the nearest office is almost forty-five minutes away) but this combo has kept me very sedated and i figure that's the best i can hope for. once it's done and i've been clean for a bit, i'm going to start taking VERY low dose oral naltrexone to "flush" out any remaining opiates before going onto a full 50mg/day dose.

thanks for your help in advance, and i apologize if any of this was incoherent. one of the worst parts about withdrawal for me is the insomnia, and it leaves me a little loopy. i am also dealing with some extremely fucked up personal shit at the moment, so i'm sure that's affecting my thoughts to a degree.

Last edited: