• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzo

Shocker0726

Greenlighter
I have been clean from Benzo use for 2 months after a long stint that left me addicted and had to go through withdrawl. I have severe anxiety and have a wedding with my girlfriends family this weekend and I am wondering if taking some benzos this weekend will put me back into withdrawl? I'm not worried about getting addicted again just about the withdrawl. Thanks

If you don't have PAWS and feel fine now I don't think that you'll experience withdrawal again, but rebound symptoms like increased anxiety for the next few days etc.

One time use won't send you back into withdrawal but you may experience rebound anxiety more significantly then others due to you once being dependent in the past.

I would be concerned over the temptation to begin regular use again, considering you were addicted to it.

I was dependent on Benzos around 6 months ago and stopped taking them completely, and had a pretty bad time going cold turkey. I have had the very odd benzo since, and doing so didn't cause me any issues as such, apart from a little rebound anxiety, and a slightly sleepless night the day after.

You have to weigh up the reasons for taking it. After I'd got over my dependence, I started looking for a few jobs, and an interview comes up. I suffer with a bit of anxiety, but this had increased above normal levels after 'recovering' from the dependence. Took a little Pyrazolam just before the interview, and it wen't well. I got the job anyway.. So for me at least, it definitely paid off.

Just make sure you tell yourself, out loud and in the mirror if it helps, that you'll only be choosing to take them that weekend only. And IF you decide to take them.

Of course, there is alcohol, but I hate the stuff.

Last edited:
A few benzos, used sparingly and without mixing alcohol with them, should be fine.

What benzo were you planning on using? If your concerned about it triggering a taste for benzos, take a longer acting one like Valium.

Last edited: