• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo/zolpidem combo for sleep

Deliciousmurder

Greenlighter
..... is no longer doing much. I take 1mg Klonopin a day (.25 in the AM .75 at dinner) and a 10mg zolpidem at bedtime. Last night I had total insomnia after taking this combo for 10 weeks. What can I add in to make it effective again? More K-Pin? (I was tapering but had withdrawal symptoms). More zolpidem, like 15mg? I also have trazodone, hydrcodone and over the counter sleeps aids but I'm not trying to attempt a Heath Ledger - just want sleep! Suggestions?

I noticed it would take longer for the ambien to go into effect had i eating before hand. So my recommendation is, take on an empty stomach and refrain from taking it on weekends, so your tolerance doesn't get too high. Hope this helps

You've hit a tolerance to the meds. Obviously the most immediate solution would be to up the doses of the klonopin and the zolpidem but long term that'll make it harder to get off of, especially if you are already struggling with a klonopin taper.

You could also try melatonin to assist with sleep, which can be taken safely with most medicines.

A word of advice; drop the zolpidem. You'll deal with some insomnia for a little bit but being dependent on both zolpidem and klonopin can be hard to get off due to their similar mechanisms of action and their similar withdrawal syndromes.