Benzo withdrawal question

Bedone

Greenlighter
So I quit taking my last clonazepam about a month ago but I have three crazy withdrawal or I hope that's what the feeling is. I still kinda have the shits don't eat too much but getting a lit6lr better i think. I have lost a lot of weight and I have felt like I was gonna have a heart attack many times and sometimes I look in the mirror and think dude you have cancer or some crazy negative shit. I feel actually physically pretty good now that I'm eating more bit mentally is a vrap shoot day to day minute to minute sand have a lump feeling in my throat which also seems to be getting better... Is this benzo withdrawals? I've been trying not to go to the ER through all this cuz I went so many times all on them and I tapered for what seems like about a year I'm pretty sure it was but I was coming from a 20 milligram Klonopin habit I could pop 20 at a time and then 6 hours later I could and I did once Bop 20 more

Sounds like you are experiencing anxiety and panic attacks (which is probably why you were on benzos in the first place?)

There are many effective ways to counteract anxiety without the use of benzos. If your community offers any free to low cost classes in stress reduction I would check them out. Sometimes these are offered through the local hospital outreach and sometimes through community centers. Learning to retrain your brain takes persistence and patience (like training a dog!;)) but the rewards are incredible.

Yes you are correct. How long do withdrawals last if I was taking them for 5 plus years and had a tolerance where I could take 20 1 mg clonopins and have been known to do that twice in 1 day only 1 or 2 times but ya once a month I would pop 20 and then just chip the rest of the month and did this for 5 years or so. Sometimes I would have enough to take 5 a day for a while too.

I am amazed you have made it this far. Benzo withdrawl can last a long time. 6+ weeks. But you were taking massive doses. Probably longer.

That sounds like a very serious addiction. I would be worried you would have a seizure or even die from an addiction like that if you were starting this today. You're probably over the worst now. It will get better from here.

Yeah bro it's been the roughest ride of my life and I used to be addicted to heroin I did speed to you know. But yeah I guess it was a pretty bad addiction I just want to be healthy and be okay this withdrawal has been the craziest experience it's like you think you're dying or you have some crazy illness.

Maybe this is less of a withdrawal and more the residual anxiety that you were masking with benzos?

I would suggest doing whatever people usually do to mitigate anxiety... starting with breathing techniques.

Is this weird buzzing head feeling lump in throat feeling normal and a little tinnitus. It's been a month or so and the funny thing is that makes it hard for me to gauge how long these dts should be was my tolerance I could go like 2 or 3 weeks and then pop 20 clons 1mg. I feel completely not normal like almost sorry that something major is wrong with me. Help guys please give me some words of advice.

Personally for me I tapered everything down but I still had symptoms for 1.5 years+. This isn't meant to discourage you, but to inform you that there is a light at the end of it if you are mentally prepared and really want to get off the poison. Best of luck to you. Regular exercise to stimulate your body into making more endorphins will help a lot. Weightlifting saved my life and sanity during wd's.

My experience and of course opinion only:, I'm not a dr and don't pretend to be. I kicked a bad roxy habit at the same time kicking kpins. Its not a good feeling but just know it is only your head talking to you and it will pass. I was talking to the plants and the paranoia is absolutely horrible. Met the devil had a conversation: etc. Have you tried tapering down with Valium? My dr. says is the best being as Kpin has such a long half life. Anyway just know if will end. Benzo detox is certainly not fun and you must be careful for the seizures. I've found that the most important is sleep. If you can't sleep you will sure have a seizure. Drink a few beers, smoke some weed try as hard as you can to calm yourself. Most important is sleep! However you need to just do it. And I never could shit until I got one. But it will pass. Have faith an don't loose the time you have in, because you'll just have to do it over again. Another point I do know is alcohol has same recepters so I could shit when I drank a few beers. Just a tip and sorry to be so blunt. Just don't overdo it b/c the hangover on top of ben detox is so bad will send you to the hospital. Also heard Seroquel is good for sleep. I never got anywhere with V. Root or Melatonin. Hope I helped in some way. It will end, just hang on.