• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo withdrawal.. jerks and tinnitus while laying in bed at night

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I’m struggling pretty bad with hearing hallucinations, jerks while laying down, anxiety, tinnitus (which for me is a siren and helicopters)

Has anyone successfully kicked klonopin? I’m pretty scared shitless right now and I want to stop Gabapentin but fear id go full blown psychosis.

I get all of those things in alcohol withdrawal.

Do the auditory hallucinations only happen when your eyes are closed?

I’m struggling pretty bad with hearing hallucinations, jerks while laying down, anxiety, tinnitus (which for me is a siren and helicopters)

Has anyone successfully kicked klonopin? I’m pretty scared shitless right now and I want to stop Gabapentin but fear id go full blown psychosis.
Why u wannna quit clonopine.?I have taken this only two-three times and it's powerful.Must tapper till get to 0.5 mg a day&then try to kick it fully.One of most hard to quitt benzos.That's all i know.A lot of people pop it just like candies here along with their methadone.Huge ammounts...poor guys....i really don't know how they gonna manage this....probably they too don't know and don't give a shit at all.....they are already dead inside.zombies.try to find diazepam and tapper with it.that's how usual med.professional do in case of clonopine addiction.Have a patience&do ur work slowly&methodically.Hold on brother...cool down,make ur plan and go on.👍❤️👍

Why u wannna quit clonopine.?I have taken this only two-three times and it's powerful.Must tapper till get to 0.5 mg a day&then try to kick it fully.One of most hard to quitt benzos.That's all i know.A lot of people pop it just like candies here along with their methadone.Huge ammounts...poor guys....i really don't know how they gonna manage this....probably they too don't know and don't give a shit at all.....they are already dead inside.zombies.try to find diazepam and tapper with it.that's how usual med.professional do in case of clonopine addiction.Have a patience&do ur work slowly&methodically.Hold on brother...cool down,make ur plan and go on.👍❤️👍

I was on 6 mg for 6 months so we'll see my last Valium was Thursday at 9 pm.. 5 mg.. 7 day taper :roll:

I've experienced a benzo withdrawal psychosis before after adbrupt cessation from very high doses, no taper. It was quite awful. Similar to other psychosis I've had except with extreme anxiety, confusion, agitation, and an intense sense of impending doom like I was dying.

I wouldn't worry too much about auditory hallucinations if your eyes are closed, these would be considered hypnagogic and not psychosis. The hypnic jerks, tinnitus are also normal and harmless.

Hallucinations when your eyes are open, auditory or visual, are more problematic.

I definitely would not stop your gabapentin right now.

On the upside if your last benzo was 4 days ago the symptoms should start getting better soon. Good luck man.

Aw yea it’s a tough withdrawal for sure, you have my empathy. Hang in there hun, you are being really strong

I wouldn’t stop the gabapentin now either

I’ll be keeping you in my good thoughts and will light a candle for you
Gentle hug 💜

I was on 6 mg for 6 months so we'll see my last Valium was Thursday at 9 pm.. 5 mg.. 7 day taper :roll:
Hey....u walk great!U will be fine...don't bother I tell u.5-6mg daily....it's nothin'.Six months-not much at all.I pop diazepam daily min.5-6years from my last break.at doses 15-25mgs....u are fine on that paragraph mate👍❤️🔝

On the upside if your last benzo was 4 days ago the symptoms should start getting better soon.
I found that benzo withdrawals eased little faster than I expected. Also I found out that I still felt like shit several weeks after, just less so. And there are setbacks.
If you can find any healthy activity that makes you feel tolerable, keep doing it until you get bored and then some.
I ended up just fucking jumping and moshing and doing random noises while blasting Sepultura. I couldn't tire my sympathetic nervous system but that is one way to do the time.
Birds did sound like fireworks.

I tapered off two Klonopin a day plus 45 mg of Valium a day. It wasn't that easy and it took a while but I got it done.

I was on that to prevent withdrawal syndromes from a really bad 8-year drinking habit.

I would really recommend going to a doctor and being switched to Valium or Librium to help you taper off.

I thought you were in rehab.

If you're having those symptoms, they should be giving you a longer taper of Valium.

Visual and auditory hallucinations automatically mean that you're getting taper, Librium or Valium when you're in a detox/recovery setting.