• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo W/D, does addderall help?

Awesomesauce024

Greenlighter
6'5" 220lb male. Was takin about 2 bars a day or more for about three months and then realized through a friend that I shouldn't be doing this because of the severe withdrawals which I had never heard of surprisingly. So tapered for about to weeks down to 1mg and then went cold turkey. It's day 4 and I've had minimal W/D symptoms, thank god. Haha, but I do have an ongoing and never stopping pressure in my head and behind my eyes. My motivation levels as far as daily chores or even working out has diminished. So this morning I took 150mg IR of addy, which Is a smaller dose because in usually take around 210mg twice a month for fun. So it seems to be giving me a mood lift which I was hoping for, but I usually come down from it with a benzo at nighttime. Any other suggestions as to what to do instead? I know that sleep is key during almost all processes. I have been taking GABA supplement, valerian root, and complex stress b vitamins since stopping the benzos. These have been helping me to sleep but idk how they will hold up against an addy day. Also, I used to LOVE the occasional benzo when the situation called for it. How long after I cold turkey would it be ok to take one recrveationally again? One month maybe? New to bluelight, I've been on a ton of other forums though so any help is appreciated!

Taking adderall during benzo withdrawl would make symptoms worse and I would assume be very dangerous as your vitals are skyrocketed as it is, and will be enhanced with amphetamines

I'm almost certain that Amphetamines or stimulants in general would be a terrible idea for someone withdrawing from sedative/hypnotic drugs like Benzodiazepines or Alcohol. I'm not just being dramatic here. I really think that it could put you in a very bad place physically and mentally.

Absolutely ,
Be lucky your not having a seizure or DT's just withdrawling alone without any drugs. Amphetamines would definetly increase your risks for all that by far..
I'm no doctor but that is my educated two cents.

That is not a good idea when kicking benzos! Amps, are not going to help in any way shape or form! Especially when you come down, and taking as high as a dose as you said you took... your not going to sleep! I know i wouldn't be able to! probably for like 2 days, i take both benzos and Adderall everyday, i am prescribed them.. i take around 3mg of klonopin and 20mg IR of Adderall a day... sniff the Adderall every morning, because oral doesn't work nearly as well for me, although some claim it works better that way that sniffing, and for some reason sniffing Adderall lasts just as long as oral does, for me at least.. most say its the opposite, oral lasts longer. That is beside the point, sorry for going off topic.. I think you will realize, when those amps wear off, that taking them while coming off of benzos, wasn't a good idea! That is a really high dose for Adderall too.. if i even take double my 20mg dose i am zooming for like 24 hours, and get all jittery and shit, i mean with my kpins it feels pretty good, just don't like that "too speedy" feeling.. I feel much more comfortable at low doses with Adderall, no less than 20mg and no more than 30mg for the most part.. all depends on my day. IF i was kicking benzos, I sure as hell wouldn't go near ANY stimulant..

You should understand that drug use is not something to take lightly. You seem very ignorant of basic things and dont seem to get that there are consequences. Its one thing for someone who knows the consequences and makes an informed decision, but to be willfully ignorant of knowing some basic things before ingesting a substance is downright careless.

You should understand that drug use is not something to take lightly. You seem very ignorant of basic things and dont seem to get that there are consequences. Its one thing for someone who knows the consequences and makes an informed decision, but to be willfully ignorant of knowing some basic things before ingesting a substance is downright careless.
Exactly. Amps for benzo w/d I would think make the situation even more dangerous than it already is. Benzo w/d should not be taken lightly, it can be life threatening, and my guess is the amps would make it more so, especially re: seizures. If I were you I'd seek medical attention.

Calm down guys. I have been taking 30mg adderall IR twice daily since I was 12, and now I'm 28. I don't do it often but that is literally how much I would have to do in order to experience any of the effects that I did initially. Also, consequences are far to familiar to me or I wouldn't be here posting and asking questions in the first place, so please think before you speak openly again and pass judgement as if you know me after reading a single post. And yes I thank the big man upstairs that I avoided seizures and DT's. On a lighter note, everything went perfect as far as sleep, a friend of mine brought over some Mulungu extract and it worked like a charm and is all natural. I HIGHLY recommend this as an anxiolytic over benzos if you feel uncomfortable with the ladder. I was also told that this can help immensely with withdrawals for anyone that is struggling with them. So, nobody has answered my main question after getting lost in their own belittling lectures, when can I use benzos again, strictly on a recreational basis, after detoxing/withdrawing from them?

Cold turkey=no. Both benzo WD and amphetamines cause excess glutamate, or something like that.

Very slow, careful taper+reasonable amounts of adderall= low risk. You still have excess glutamate, but if you're careful, probably not enough to cause serious issues. I'm currently tapering and still take adderall and I've been fine, but I know that doesn't really tell you that much. Will it help otherwise? Depends. It definitely boosts my mood and I have adhd so I do need it for focus. Many people will tell you it'll make you far more anxious but I think that's more dependent on how you normally reach to adderall. It's very anxiolytic for me, so I don't get excess anxiety/paranoia at all. Just be careful not to fall into the trap of taking more benzos to counteract the comedown and mess up your taper.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily recommend it, but if you're tapering slowly and gently and respond well to Adderall, well, there's my experience for you.

Just to clarify- I only take adderall when I can't really feel any WD symptoms. I'm tapering very slowly. And I redose the benzos when I need to, even if I can still feel the adderall.

I can't imagine taking an adderall during the peak of Xanax withdrawl, I literally felt like a lit piece of dynamite about to explode, i felt grateful that I survived it lol...even with a klonopin taper it felt like any extra stress or anxiety would of been all it could of took to have a seizure...then again the mind is very powerful and maybe it could be low risk..I'm not willing to test the waters...be safe people

I'm sorry, but I feel that if you're in high spirits, on Bluelight, taking Amphetamines with no issue, then I really don't think your Benzodiazepine withdrawal is that severe. I needed help buttoning my shirt and dialing phone numbers when I was in Alcohol withdrawal.

I'm sorry, but I feel that if you're in high spirits, on Bluelight, taking Amphetamines with no issue, then I really don't think your Benzodiazepine withdrawal is that severe. I needed help buttoning my shirt and dialing phone numbers when I was in Alcohol withdrawal.

^ this, when i was CTing from etizolam i was basically bed-bound, pissing sweat and totally unable to even text my girlfriend. couldnt think of anything worse than adding fet to all that, i was desperate just to sleep

That's why I thanked god that it didn't affect me as badly as it does others sometimes and I was able to function and stay positive. I'm sorry for your alcohol withdrawal experience as well. I also was asking questions not implying the severity of my withdrawal experience.