• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo Tolerance Withdrawal

USMC2532

Greenlighter
I am in hell. Saw my pdoc yesterday and explained that the Xanax XR and Ativan aren’t working anymore. I asked him about tolerance and he said no. He gave me 10mg of Valium. I am not eating or sleeping...constant nausea. The Valium didn’t do anything. I’ve been up all night in extreme panic and shaking. I took my Xanax XR at 4 am and it’s 7am with no relief. What am I supposed to do? I am falling apart fast.

Hi, welcome to Bluelight. You didn't say at what strength of Xanax and Ativan you were taking but transitioning between different benzos doesn't always go smoothly. It's been more than 12 hours since you posted this. How are you feeling now? You could try taking another Valium tablet and see if that helps. If your condition does not improve, contact your doctor and let him know what's happening.

Are you withdrawaling or do you have severe anxiety that needs medication to control? Have you lowered your dose at all?

My Dr dropped the Xanax XR dose from 4mg to 3mg. I take Ativan 1mg as needed. He gave me 25 mg Seroquel last night to sleep. I slept a few hours and woke up more screwed up. Really bad nausea and abdominal pain. Body aches. I asked him if I could switch to regular Xanax and he said I would have to be put on a lot of it to equal the XR. I’m so losing my mind...