• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo tolerance but not too bad withdrawals - possible?

AceSlaterBTP

Greenlighter
Been using benzos on and off last few years. But the past 2 months, I've used some RC benzos (etizolam, flubs, etc.) and I've noticed my tolerance to xanax and valium have shot up so high that at this point, 4 mg xanax doesnt even affect me.

2 months ago, I would say I was taking about 3mg klonopin daily, or close to daily. WHen I stopped, the only symptom was insomnia, nothing of the delirium/hardcore wd's.

My question is, has anybody gotten really high benzo tolerance, but when they stopped, not had a major issue with withdrawals? Thanks, really appreciate your feedback as I am very very scared since the last 4-5 weeks I've been on 1 benzo or another.

In my experience, withdrawal only gets worse over time. It might be easy the first time. It doesn't stay that way. It might be worth tapering off instead of quitting all at once.

Been using benzos on and off last few years. But the past 2 months, I've used some RC benzos (etizolam, flubs, etc.) and I've noticed my tolerance to xanax and valium have shot up so high that at this point, 4 mg xanax doesnt even affect me.

2 months ago, I would say I was taking about 3mg klonopin daily, or close to daily. WHen I stopped, the only symptom was insomnia, nothing of the delirium/hardcore wd's.

My question is, has anybody gotten really high benzo tolerance, but when they stopped, not had a major issue with withdrawals? Thanks, really appreciate your feedback as I am very very scared since the last 4-5 weeks I've been on 1 benzo or another.

you never stopped benzos - thats why you didn't get w/d from stopping the kpins -- all commonly prescribed benzos are cross tolerant -- and pretty much all GABA agonists will mitigate benzo w/d if taken in a high enough dose

very rarely 4mg xanax with barely noticeable effects is a lot.

1. Get the Ashton Manual online -- free
2. You want to get on valium or librium and taper off using them -- long half-life = less W/D
3. Do Not cold turkey -- it can cause death, and it can also cause kindling (making subsequent use/cessation result in extreme w/d