• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Benzo to sleep. Harm reduction question.

Serious harm reduction question. When you take benzos to sleep before your all the way down are you building tolerance at the same rate?

In the last 24 hours I've had the equiv of 8mg of Xanax which on its own knocks me the fuck out. It hasn't. I know the meth ilkeeps me awake, but am I a bartard rn too?l and I keep this up do I end up with. 8mg Xanax/day dependence?

Yes. 8mg Xanax daily is a lot man and will quickly create a dependence. Especially because you are using them with meth, you will require more sedatives than without the stimulant. Try a long lasting benzo like flubromazepam. Or better yet, don't use drugs. Especially meth and benzos.

um try diazepam (valium) for stim cedown. i am convinced and have heard that xanax (alparazolam) wont touch it.
bromazolam will eventually overcome it (a lot like xanax but better imo) but ya have to lay down and let it do.
i like valuim. its long lasting and does a certain smoothing of the egdes but thats me.
hope this is helpful
be safe as possible

Xanax often means bad news.
Too short acting: taxing rebound anxiety when you use it acutely, full blown hell it you stay on them for too long and them run out/ short.

100% with 6am, diazepam or clorazepate (better than clonazepam for me) are the best as they are much long lived and forgiving.

For sleeping on Meth Seroquel is better. But for falling asleep during opioid withdrawal benzos is the only thing that has worked for me. I used xanax occasionally for years until last new years where I had a really bad experience and started taking it every day. I was able to use valium to taper off and now I'm benzo free but still it can happen really easily. Even after 3 months CT was too hard. If you just need to sleep on meth I really recommend Seroquel. Not only is it less addictive but it really is more effective too.

Yes you are accumulating a tolerance/dependence right now. Any and every time you take a drug class like benzos you are.. And it’s of my opinion that benzos produce dependence quicker than most.

Looking back I used to use them for opiate withdrawal and wondered why I was an anxious mess even long after I should’ve been semi-normal. Pretty sure I was feeling benzo WD too.

-GC

If you must use a benzo for these reasons it really should only be diazepam. It's duration of effect isn't as long as say clonazepam but it is more sedating and the long half life makes it much much safer than xanax and for tapering. As others said, you gotta try to sleep too, lay down, try to relax etc otherwise the stimulants will win out.

Yeah be careful man, i abused xanax every day for about 5 years. When I decided to get of them it was harder than any other drug i have been addicted to quit. No joke and i have done every drug. I didn't sleep for about 5-6 months. No joke. I would occassionally get maybe 2 hours a week. I was in a constant dream state.

Also xanax are not sleeping pills. They just calm your nerves. If you're doing real meth no amount of xanax will help u sleep. Maybe after a 4-5 day run they would do a little something.

Listen to the others valium or clonazepam is better but you will still have withdrawals.

Yeah alprazolam is by far THE worst benzo for sleep aid. Clonazepam or diazepam are really the only common ones I would use for sleep. Lots of “RC” benzos are good for it too but that scene has dried up in recent years. Not a big fan of what’s available as of 2022.

Yeah alprazolam is by far THE worst benzo for sleep aid. Clonazepam or diazepam are really the only common ones I would use for sleep. Lots of “RC” benzos are good for it too but that scene has dried up in recent years. Not a big fan of what’s available as of 2022.

If you're referring to the dark net, then yeah it dried up more than 4 years ago. The only reliable source of real benzo is to find the dealers that sell their monthy script. Problem is since they only get 30 or so and only a few dealers do this buying them before they sell out is very difficult.

Stay away from that pressed shit. I had a few tested and none of them had any alprozam (xanax), Most of them contain anti-depressants from eastern europe that never really made it into the big markets because they suck. This was a few years back, not sure what they are putting in them now.

If you're referring to the dark net, then yeah it dried up more than 4 years ago. The only reliable source of real benzo is to find the dealers that sell their monthy script. Problem is since they only get 30 or so and only a few dealers do this buying them before they sell out is very difficult.

Stay away from that pressed shit. I had a few tested and none of them had any alprozam (xanax), Most of them contain anti-depressants from eastern europe that never really made it into the big markets because they suck. This was a few years back, not sure what they are putting in them now.
I actually get scripted alprazolam, and have been on the same dose for about three years now, so I can comfortably say I know my alpraz is legit and that it is indeed shit for sleep. Never used the dark web, I used to get bulk powdered RC benzos from China but even that has gone downhill recently. When etizolam disappeared that was the beginning of the end.

I agree, I wouldn't take any benzo pills off a dealer these days unless I saw the actual script bottle. Everything on the street is presses now pretty much.

I actually get scripted alprazolam, and have been on the same dose for about three years now, so I can comfortably say I know my alpraz is legit and that it is indeed shit for sleep. Never used the dark web, I used to get bulk powdered RC benzos from China but even that has gone downhill recently. When etizolam disappeared that was the beginning of the end.

I agree, I wouldn't take any benzo pills off a dealer these days unless I saw the actual script bottle. Everything on the street is presses now pretty much.

I'll never take them again. Here in colombia you don't need a script for them and can get 30 for $7.50. Be careful, I was only doing < 2mg a day and it was a nightmare getting off of them. You should be all good if you keep taking them for the rest of your life though i would think. Personally I made it a goal of mine to get off of all prescription drugs and it was only after being off of them for a couple weeks did i realize how many side effects they were giving me.

I didn't have a script like u when i was using them in america so once the dark net went south I had no choice but to quit them. A god awful experience. Take care.

Xanax absolutely will touch stim comedowns provided you do not use it regularly and don't have a physical or psychological habituation to its effects. Compared to other benzos, it has its place, particularly for people who suffer from panic attacks as a result of PTSD.