• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzo to reduce awakenings?

I'm jealous..I take 100mg and sleep 4 hours max
Yeah if I took 10 mg’s Etiz right now (had 7,5 since 10 am 8 hrs ago, or at any time, I’d likely feel sleepy.

But I’d not sleep more than 4 unbroken hours. So we’re pretty similar in that respect,

Oh yeah. 5htp. Don’t be sceptical. It’s a very good aid to sleep once built up in your system.

Melatonin can be hit and miss for some and can be a little unfriendly.

5htp I strongly recommend over melatonin.

I’m all for combining, safely of course, to get an amalgam effect, lower dependance on benzos too, more flexible.
This is serotonin, no? Considering how fat SSRIs make people I ll skip I think

This is serotonin, no? Considering how fat SSRIs make people I ll skip I think
Yes, but it’s not the same kettle as prescription, pharma SSRI’s I don’t believe.

I think 5htp is pretty clean, works instantly, take it or leave it, and no reported negative effects or contraindications or withdrawals.

I don’t know why it’s different. Like Kava acts on GABA, but unlike nearly all or most other GABA agents it’s totally not physically addictive, and can be balancing for brain chemistry and neurotransmitter balance too.

I’m allergic to 5htp but would take it daily otherwise without any concern, but no way will I ever touch a prescription antidepressant.

Yes, but it’s not the same kettle as prescription, pharma SSRI’s I don’t believe.

I think 5htp is pretty clean, works instantly, take it or leave it, and no reported negative effects or contraindications or withdrawals.

I don’t know why it’s different. Like Kava acts on GABA, but unlike nearly all or most other GABA agents it’s totally not physically addictive, and can be balancing for brain chemistry and neurotransmitter balance too.

I’m allergic to 5htp but would take it daily otherwise without any concern, but no way will I ever touch a prescription antidepressant.
Gotcha. I was actually taking an antidepressant, mirtazapine, which is noradrenergic instead of serotonergic and it is designed for insomniacs because it is an antihistaminic.

Wonder drug, life saving medicine, it cured my anhedonia and improved significantly my sleep. But it made me obese and I was so disgusted with myself I had to stop it. And since then downward spiral again, I suffer from anhedonia again.

Gotcha. I was actually taking an antidepressant, mirtazapine, which is noradrenergic instead of serotonergic and it is designed for insomniacs because it is an antihistaminic.

Wonder drug, life saving medicine, it cured my anhedonia and improved significantly my sleep. But it made me obese and I was so disgusted with myself I had to stop it. And since then downward spiral again, I suffer from anhedonia again.
Yes unfortunately some paths, however initially promising, can outweigh the good eventually, often rapidly.

Hence us all trying to at least offer as many possible options/alternatives or what I like to call “hacks” lol.

But we will always respect a person’s free choice, just try to offer best advice and perspective. I mean, I’m in the ditch myself of technically wild benzo dependance.

So I’m not meaning to patronise you by being a hypocrite.

Lots of members here, for whatever odd reason in today’s world lol, actually care.

Do keep us posted. You have a useful number of good suggestions here.

On a Poll thread here, Benzos are in the top 3 favourite DOC’s. Lots people here with knowledge and experience dwarfing my own, I do try to learn though.

Do keep us posted please, I’d really be interested in how you get on, and if you want any directions on Kava ask freely any time.

If I’m delayed hold with me, extreme fatigue wipes me off feet sporadically at times for a little patch.

Yes unfortunately some paths, however initially promising, can outweigh the good eventually, often rapidly.

Hence us all trying to at least offer as many possible options/alternatives or what I like to call “hacks” lol.

But we will always respect a person’s free choice, just try to offer best advice and perspective. I mean, I’m in the ditch myself of technically wild benzo dependance.

So I’m not meaning to patronise you by being a hypocrite.

Lots of members here, for whatever odd reason in today’s world lol, actually care.

Do keep us posted. You have a useful number of good suggestions here.

On a Poll thread here, Benzos are in the top 3 favourite DOC’s. Lots people here with knowledge and experience dwarfing my own, I do try to learn though.

Do keep us posted please, I’d really be interested in how you get on, and if you want any directions on Kava ask freely any time.

If I’m delayed hold with me, extreme fatigue wipes me off feet sporadically at times for a little patch.
Thanks my friend, I really appreciate <3 I will of course keep you guys updated

Using benzos nightly for sleep is a very bad idea as you will become dependent and then you won't be able to sleep without them and you'll have horrible withdrawals if you try to stop.

And 6 hours is good going too. You can actually get through life on that sort of average. Average any below 6 hours and life long sleep dep symptoms and impacts on all biological symptoms is like a permanent sleep withdrawal.

I’d be pretty chuffed with 365 x 6 hours, when it’s more like 210 x 5-7 maybe.
Hey

Using benzos nightly for sleep is a very bad idea as you will become dependent and then you won't be able to sleep without them and you'll have horrible withdrawals if you try to stop.
That's another reason why the wiser peope use kava here, where it works ofc.

I'm just crazy to have picked up both at the same time from scratch and naturally grew into each through exploration, exploitation and habit ultimately.

but flunitrazepam can't be found in NL unfortunately, only here in Greece
Flunitrazepam is def available over here, its a prescription drug and a lot get's diverted.

But lets not get into that junky scene shit. Flualprazolam, not my favorit. Etizolam is, but it will do the job. Look for some dosage conversion's.

I already use flunitrazepam which as I understand is stronger nitrazepam

Temazepam I have read that it is actually intended to reduce awakenings so I ll try to find it
Temazepam ime is short acting they say medium but for me it feel s short. Most euphoric benzo i took, including Flunitrazepam

could be it has an diff affect on sleep architecture

I'll list my top 5 sleep aids which should give u an idea of whats best...

1. Temazepam - Benzo
2. Nitrazepam - Benzo
3. Zopiclone - Z-Drug
4. Promethazine - Antihistamine
5. Mirtazapine - Atypical Antidepressant

If you don't care about daytime sleepiness the next day then swap around Temazepam with Nitrazepam.

Using sedative-hypnotics every night can lead to trouble for most people, but I'm not here to tell anyone what they can or cannot do. Taking a few nights off using a fixed or even intermittent schedule is a better way to go. The OP actually mentioned this if I was reading it correctly (taking something a few nights or a week at a time and then stopping for a while).

The top three pharmaceutical options in my personal experience are Triazolam, Temazepam, and Zaleplon. Triazolam and Zaleplon both have very short half-lives which makes for less next-day grogginess and sedation. All three of these have the potential to be very addictive. The benzodiazepines have a greater physical dependence liability than nonbenzodiazepine "Z-drugs" like Zopiclone/(S)-(+)-zopiclone (Imovane/Lunesta), Zolpidem (Ambien) and Zaleplon (Sonata). But in my experience zaleplon is actually more psychologically reinforcing than any other sedative-hypnotic I have tried (and I have tried most of them)...

Taking a benzo for sleep is like taking several shots of hard rum for sleep. Sure, you'll sleep without waking up (or without having any memory of waking up). But your overall quality of sleep will suffer. Your duration of REM sleep will be greatly shortened, even if you remain in a shallow sleep state for longer.

Benzos are not a true solution for poor sleep quality. Melatonin or Tryptophan would be far more effective.

I have pretty bad insomnia too, 4mg melatonin puts me out, sometimes I’m a little foggy in the morning tho
I uesd to get 10mg melatonin frm amazon but they don't do it anymore. It was great as the outer layer was instant release to get ya over to sleep & the inner part was slow release to keep ya asleep. Loved them wee tabs, wish could still get em 😕

I used to lie in bed either watching TV or browsing the net on my fone until recently & I do suffer frm insomnia but recently I've been getting into bed, no TV or fone, just lights out & lie down & tbh it's deffo made a difference in getting to sleep 👍🏻