• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

benzo removal

I agree with vvViolet. Stopping benzos cold turkey is harsh in addition to dangerous. Can cause seizures.

I quit last month, I was at about 2-3 mg a day of xanax. And, I tapered off and supplemented with magnesium. I can't say I love not having them but it is nice to be free of them.

Good luck!

How much magnesium were you taking? I'm taking memantine right now and I'm wondering if adding magnesium will help me out with my taper. I also heard it has to be in a certain form. Maleate maybe?

And yes, I agree about the horrors of benzo addiction. Fucking sucks!

i was wondering whats best quickest way to get rid of benzos in your system.
There is no viable method for increasing the elimination-rate of benzos that can be done at home except for increasing the rate of renal elimination. In other words: Drink a lot and piss often! For lipophilic drugs I can also recommend to do some sports: Less fat tissue = less stored benzos.

Yeah, Valium is a bitch to get out of your system... at the same time though, that's a blessing for MOST people trying to get off a long term use of the shit.

At the same time though, it sucks dropping your dose and then suddenly feeling like shit a week later and not being able to recover blood levels for a number of hours.

all i gotta say to vvViolet is, you dont know shit i been through so please shut your mouth and dont get on my nerves any further. ;)

I want to get benzos out of my system quick because it is making me stupid and I need to do math. I had to take prescribed valium to get off prescribed Tramadol. I'm off the tramadol but that valium has me too stupid to do math. How do I get it out of my system enough to not be too stupid to do math again?