• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo question

Tuggernuts

Greenlighter
Hello

I was using percs and H for 6-7 years and just recently quit.I took subs for 2 months and tapered appropriately. Iv been off suboxone for 9 days now, feel better but still not back to normal. I need my nights sleep and bought some xanax bars 2mg on Monday, 18 of them. I only have 10 left as of today. Iv only used xanax once and that was 9 years ago. Iv read a bunch of stories on here about xanax being highly addictive and im trying not to go down that road. Just using them as a temp sleep aid. What should i do? Is the time and amount i have gonna affect me? should i stop?

thanks

benzo addiction is very serious but takes weeks of continual use, you've been using them for like four days so you'll be fine but try not to go crazy on them
they're a very effective medicine, especially for panic attacks as the kick in very fast. just use them only if you need them, don't take them for fun and try to leave a few days gap in between doses.
congrats on nine days btw man

benzo addiction is very serious but takes weeks of continual use, you've been using them for like four days so you'll be fine but try not to go crazy on them
they're a very effective medicine, especially for panic attacks as the kick in very fast. just use them only if you need them, don't take them for fun and try to leave a few days gap in between doses.
congrats on nine days btw man

thanks - its been an up hill battle but one day at a time. crazy cuz i did this all on my own, and held a job down. Just debating if i should continue the rest of the xanax bars or just dump em.

Good for you quitting the opiates! :) I would get rid of the Xanax if you're done with withdrawals. Benzos have a way of lulling a person into a false sense of security. I would hate to see you trade one addiction for another.

Benzos are pretty addictive, but it's the withdrawal symptoms that are the really bad part. The addictiveness of Benzos is between adderall and cocaine (in general, it varies from person to person), closer to cocaine though. However, If you get addicted to Benzos, quitting would be worse than heroin. I really wouldn't recommend using it, especially right after getting off opiods. If you are going to though, ativan or klonopin would work better than xanax, because it'll last the whole night so you don't wake up at 4 am. I recommend using an alternative to Benzos. Melotonin would be the best, 5 mg is a good dose for sleep. If that doesn't work, use benadryl, or both. You can go up to 200 mg safely on benadryl, which would knock someone on meth out. If that still doesn't work, get some Zyprexa or seroquel. If you take melatonin with benadryl with seroquel or Zyprexa you have zero chance of not being able to sleep. Good luck, stay safe

I wouldn't suggest him 200mg of diphenhydramine because I've had 200-250 and it can make you delerious to say the least

Flush the xanax for sleep and try trazodone or, if that doesn't work, Seroquel.