• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

benzo question

methadoneisthedevi

Greenlighter
Hello all. Ill try and be short and to the point. I am going through benzo wd at the moment. I have been reading about clonozolam and other research chems.

My question is this, will clonazolam or any other RC analogue stop my benzo wd? Please help!!!!

It will probably stop it but as far as Ik, RC benzos work on a lot of the same receptors as regular benzos so you will probably find yourself in the same spot u are now. Unless you manage to taper yourself off with them. hospitals/detoxes would do a Valium taper or maybe use some Z drugs (ambien etc) which is your best bet, benzo withdrawal is nothing to play with. Can I ask which benzo/benzos you are withdrawing from and roughly how much per day and for how long

Last edited:
If you're trying to avoid a hospital or detox the best plan would be to have someone close to you hold enough meds to taper you down slowly. Not sure which RC benzos would be best to use but I'm sure there's threads on it. The taper schedule would depend on how much of which drug you've been using for how long.

I am currently 13 days without having any benzos. I was taking 6-8mg of xanax for about the last year. I used to have an rx but now I dont because my methadone clinic frowns on benzo use.

Unfortunately for me opiates arent my only love, I happened to be diagnosed with diff forms of anxiety which is why I use benzos. They work until my body becomes tolerant neesing more and more.

Also, would things like etizolam show up on a drug test as benzos? Maybe I should just quit taking them being off for 13 days but I still feel like shit and the anxiety is still there

Yes etizolam can show up as benzos on certain tests. If you've made it 13 days cold turkey already then you will be fine. It will get easier by the day, no sense in setting yourself back at this point.

Maybe you could try cbd oil for the anxiety, I have a buddy who hates smoking weed now but vapes cbd oil for his anxiety and swears by it. Legal in all 50 states and is sold at most smoke shops. Imo benzos shouldn't be prescribed for anxiety because they're simply masking the symptoms as opposed to treating the cause.

Get into a counseling program if you can to help with the under lying causes of your anxiety. Also start an exercise regemin if u don't already, it helped me quite a bit. Try new things, reading, new tv shows, hobbies etc. "the secret to change is not fighting the old, but building the new." Wish you the best man ,you can beat it. may take awhile but I assure u the symptoms will subside. Stay strong