• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

benzo,pregabalin,codeine combo

katamaranas

Greenlighter
Do you agree with such statement that to use pregabalin and diazepam together as codeine (in todays case dihydrocodeine) potentiator is not worth ? :

''Pregabalin is the issue, it is interfering with what the Diazepam is made to do and to a lesser extent with the Codeine.

Pregabalin promotes neuralplasticity and do a lot of other regenerative processes with dendrites, axons within the nerve cells. Now in order to do that it uses the building blocks and precursors of Gaba and Gaba itself. It a very potent Gaba1, Gaba2 reuptake inhibitor and agonist.

Now the Diazepam is trying to antagonise all the Gaba1 and Gaba2 it can which gives you the chilled out effect and now in contrast the Pregabalin in promoting the creation of new Gaba1 and Gaba2 and also takes hold of the ones already floating around within the synaptic cleft and don't let them get re-absorbed and broken down and reused again.

Essentially they cancel each other out, almost completely to the point that you hypothetically didn't even take them in the first place.

It is only the Codeine working giving you some buzz because it's main job is u-opiod receptors in the thalamus and amigdala and other regions far from where Gaba shit is going on.''

I've got no idea, but I've been witnessing a lot of people taking roughly this combo on here (benzos + opiates + pregablin), and I think it sounds dangerous as fuck. Opiates and benzos are dodgy enough, never mind throwing a third depressent in. Sounds to me like a good way to stop breathing.

In my case I would need to ''rob a chemist'' to stop breathing :)

Last edited:
The thing is that I have extremely high tolerance to opes even if I take them once in a week or two,usually I don't get high at all taking only opes.With benzo don't want to go back (don't want my Gaba receptors to remember what they like).So I just used to do combos when I want to chill my brain down.Pregabalin just boosts,benzo and opes,soI don't need to take loads of it.

In my case I would need to ''rob a chemist'' to stop breathing :)

That's the kind of thing that all the bluelighters and their friends who died said. Seriously, I'm not being a dick or over the top; it's a very dangerous combo which has claimed the lives of many "experienced" users who said they knew what they were doing. Tolerance doesn't really come into it unless you're taking inactive doses, which presumably you're not.

Thanks for your concerns,I understand that you not trying to be a dick :) For boosting my opes I'm taking inactive dose (200mg pregabalin/10 mg diazepam).

just another example of a somewhat innocuous cocktail accumulating to unexpected strengths greater than the sum of all its parts

What I don't understand is you come here asking advice, everyone here has warned you against this combo yet you are still hellbent on doing it.

Why even waste our times in the first place??? People like you give users a bad name because when you do OD, and it's only a matter of time mixing medication like this because of you're stupid attitude and thinking 'I'm god and can take anything and survive' it's the newspapers who paint all users with the same brush, not to mention making prescriptions harder to come by when actually needed for legitimate reasons.

Next time just don't waste your time ;) I was asking if benzo and pregabalin cancel each other,nothing more

Next time just don't waste your time ;) I was asking if benzo and pregabalin cancel each other,nothing more

Well I have no intension of coming across patronising or anything :) , so to answer your original post, I would say that... Well can't you just tell? Why are you taking the diazepam if you don't know if it's working or not? :)

Benzo is working of course,I want to understand the chemical side of taking pregabalin and benzo,sometimes it depends lots of biochemistry as well,sometimes my combos goes akward :)) but today all good nothing cancels nothing,all good bro thanks for advice :) peace

Almost every overdose-related death seems to be caused by the opiate and benzo combination. If you insist on combining the two, take a VERY low dose of each. I am inclined to say that the pregabalin and benzo combination is relatively safe, but there will be potentiation and synergy (at least there is for benzos with gabapentin). I have several times taken high doses of the (very strong and wacky) clonazolam with gabapentin and, while I blacked out completely, I am alive.

Not harm reduction. But with a high tolerance, this combination can be very enjoyable.

But as others have said, enter at your own risk ;)