• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Experts - choosing the right one

PurpleDANK9

Bluelighter
Hey BL, all good with you? I hope so.

So this time i wanted to talk about every Benzo out there.

I'm a victim of anxiety and since I do pop some Xanax on and off, i wanted to try another time of Benzos. (My anxiety comes from my stupid behavior on MDMA when I was younger )

I found this chart on Google and I wanted to see if the Benzo Experts of BL can say that this is accurate info.

Can you guys make a TOP of your favourite Benzos and why ? I'm asking for therapeutic use or recreational use.

Anyway, thanks for all your future answers. Have a nice day.

I would say that this Chart is more or less correct.

I tried around half of the benzos listed there and beside some individual variances I can agree with it.

Of course there are lots of other benzodiazepines, rx and also grey area.
My Personal favourite is clonaZOLAM. But it is _very_ potent and will kick your ass if you do not know what you're doing!
Take care🙂

I’m currently taking old school Valium albeit it’s not prescribed I found my Klonopin has long lasting side effects which led to a crash over 12 hours later. I wish I would find some alprazolam.

I would say that this Chart is more or less correct.

I tried around half of the benzos listed there and beside some individual variances I can agree with it.

Of course there are lots of other benzodiazepines, rx and also grey area.
My Personal favourite is clonaZOLAM. But it is _very_ potent and will kick your ass if you do not know what you're doing!
Take care🙂

I was thinking about trying to get some clonazolam script, is it good for anxiety or is to powerfull that doctors wont give me a script

I've tried alorazolam ,even today I did like 10 mg .but benzos tend to lost it's recreational magic when doing it daily .my best choice would be nitrazepam.espicially a brand called nitrovet.clonazepam isn't recreational for me .But as far as therapeutic use ,I prefer alorazolam.
I have tried triazolam but..it's super hard to get.. for me it's the best, be it for anxiety, recreational etc..

Last edited:
I’m currently taking old school Valium albeit it’s not prescribed I found my Klonopin has long lasting side effects which led to a crash over 12 hours later. I wish I would find some alprazolam.

Alprazolam doesnt give me that sedated anymore. ONLY the first uses.. i drink beers with Alprazolam , so my tolerance got bigger and I don't want to go up more than 1mg single-dose

I was thinking about trying to get some clonazolam script, is it good for anxiety or is to powerfull that doctors wont give me a script
I'm quite sure you are talking about clonaZEPAM. Which is very different from clonaZOLAM-which is a 'designer-benzodiazepine'- and at least four times as potent a 'Klonopin' aka clonaZEPAM.
Please recognize the difference between the two. You might do a Google search, to make it somewhat clear for you.

But clonazepam-the rx version- can be pretty useful against anxiety too of course. As is Valium and some other benzos too of course.

Last edited:
That chart is hit and miss.

As for personal experience with benzos I've tried most of the common ones and a few rarer ones.

In no particular order:
  • Alprazolam is good for panic attacks and bad acute anxiety but not too good for general anxiety and not very recreational imo
  • Diazepam is great for general anxiety but useless for panic attacks, it's also quite sedating so although it has a long half-life it's not ideal for all day functional use, however it is one of the most recreational
  • Clonazepam is excellent for general anxiety and okay for panic attacks, gives you a buzz if your tolerance is low but once it builds it isn't very recreational, however it retains its excellent anti-anxiety effect - for a benzo that straight up treats anxiety this is the best one
  • Temazepam is prescribed for sleep and not ideal for functional anxiety relief but it calms you down melty style and is the most recreational
  • Nitrazepam is another sleeper, fucks you the fuck up
  • Bromazepam is similar to temazepam in feeling, I wouldn't call it very functional but it's recreational and does calm you right down
  • Etizolam is nice and buzzy, not overly sedating, and is excellent for killing anxiety, especially social anxiety - another favourite of mine
  • Lorazepam is hit and miss between individuals, it works okay for anxiety and has decent muscle relaxation in my experience but is nothing special

I've tried:
-diazepam
-alprazolam
-etizolam
-clonazepam
-diclazepam

Of those, I enjoy/get therapeutic value from them in descending order; however, I find alprazolam uniquely useful for IBS related pain, and in this manner it is unique among the whole lot. Diazepam has the most 'classic' benzo feel to it imo. I save those for special occasions. I'm really interested in trying lorazepam but haven't had the chance. For some it seems helpful with the particular issues I face with GI pain and for that reason I'd like to try it.

I guess I'll add to this thread because I had a slightly similar but different one in the mental health forum, though I wasn't asking about benzos, but I take Klonopin and have been forever, but it's sedating and I'd like to be able to take less, as i normally take 1.5mg and it makes me tired, so is there any other benzo or any other anti-anxiety/anti-ocd med that REALLY works well that doesn't frequently make people tired?

I have tried SSRIs, both prozac and now lexapro, and i find them ineffective, and i don't want to try MAOIs with all their interactions.

I know there are SNRIs, Tricyclics, other gabaergics, etc.

It just seems like anything that helps with anxiety has to have the side effect of potentially making you tired, which sucks.

And I am NOT interested in anything with recreational potential.

I get no buzz from my klonopin, and i don't want anything that will give me one because then i might use too much.

I want it only for anxiety, mainly social, but also generalized and OCD.

I know some people find klonopin recreational but i never have and can't really understand why anyone does so i guess their body chemistry is just different from mine.

Hey BL, all good with you? I hope so.

So this time i wanted to talk about every Benzo out there.

I'm a victim of anxiety and since I do pop some Xanax on and off, i wanted to try another time of Benzos. (My anxiety comes from my stupid behavior on MDMA when I was younger )

I found this chart on Google and I wanted to see if the Benzo Experts of BL can say that this is accurate info.

Can you guys make a TOP of your favourite Benzos and why ? I'm asking for therapeutic use or recreational use.

Anyway, thanks for all your future answers. Have a nice day.

Anxiety suck's but please don't rely, if possible, on this class. They make you loose a lot of your normal feel imo. I am no saint I think anyone should have a few Benzo's in their first aid medical area, but use as needed and as sparingly as possible.

If this option is safer ? Pregabalin knocks anxiety of its throne after an hour or 2.

But for the diazepinen. Etizolam is very quick and has an good effect side effect ratio. Chloordiazepoxide and Clorazepate dipottasium are two on the background ones that would be good.

Going the recreational route Temazepam is the holy grail, unique and wobbly. Only recreational one I know.

Did feel somewhat more natural, the side effect's are more subtle. Pregabalin seems to leave part of emotion's alone, Benzodiazepinen are emotion aneastetic's ime.

Did feel somewhat more natural, the side effect's are more subtle. Pregabalin seems to leave part of emotion's alone, Benzodiazepinen are emotion aneastetic's ime.

To me it's honestly the opposite, I could barely even think at all on pregabalin and I mean at regular therapeutic doses. But subjective effects differ by individual of course.

For most people though tolerance and dependence develop quickly and lead to severe withdrawals even if they react to it better than I did.

Gabapentin by most reports seems far more forgiving, likely because it's simply a lot less potent.

Huh. My emotions are mildly blunted by bzds but I still feel the feels sometimes lol. I must admit I enjoy etizolam because it has allowed me the comfort of watching horror films without being afraid though lol

Huh. My emotions are mildly blunted by bzds but I still feel the feels sometimes lol. I must admit I enjoy etizolam because it has allowed me the comfort of watching horror films without being afraid though lol

Yeah unless I take silly doses benzos don't significantly numb my emotions either.

Now if I take oxy that will do it, but the "classic" opiates like morphine and even codeine do the very opposite and make me more feeling and empathetic, even up to the point where I like combining them with MDMA cuz it feels synergistic.

^I too have noticed a number of opioids seem to be psychedelic, upper in nature, complete downer, nod/nausea fest... they're all so different. I don't think one can just lump all opioids and opiates together. Same with bzds.