• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo dosage question

MysteriousOne

Greenlighter
I see a lot of people on these forums talking about dosages of benzos and for me, seemingly high doses don't tend to have as much of an effect on me.

I don't take them massively often, every now and again as required. But for me to really feel the effects of Xanax for example, I need to take 4-6mg and 6-8mg of rivotril.

I don't think I have a massive tolerance due to usage because I don't use them massively frequently. Probably once every couple if weeks sort of thing. But when I do need to, I need a high dosage.

I do a lot of weight lifting so weigh about 100kg so I wonder if this is a factor. I also eat a lot of food because of the gym so wonder if this effects it too. But do some people just have a naturally higher tolerance to benzos?

But do some people just have a naturally higher tolerance to benzos?
I would say so, to an extent at least. When I first started with benzos, I needed at least 2mg of lorazepam to "feel it" and I wasn't impaired at that dose, whereas my aunt would be looped from a single 0.5mg pill and even cut them in half.

However, a lot depends on what you're looking for. I never really got my hands on the euphoria that benzos hinted at, no matter how high I pushed the dose, not even with the more inherently euphoric sleepers like temazepam (even at 90mg).

Nowadays, on the other hand, I can actually "feel" a 0.25mg dose of alprazolam/clonazepam* quite well, since I'm only using it to "take the edge off" and only expecting subtle effects.

IMHO, benzos are great for utilitarian purposes but poor for recreational ones (...while alcohol is basically the reverse).

*I haven't had lorazepam in a while, so it would be interesting to see how I feel today, but I always got less out of it than I did from other benzos at equivalent doses.

Last edited:
The fact you weigh 100kg certainly contributes, and there is a genetic predisposition as well, I have a friend who gulps down quantities of benzos with alcohol that would be enough to kill me 10 times probably.

For me the most important question is: are these pharma products? Or you bough them from the street? If it is the latter, they could well be bunk, and this could make severely overestimate your tolerance, and then when you get a real product you could very easily OD.

Even if that's not the case, I would always make sure to titrate the dosage slowly to be safe. Also, not getting an effect from big doses of benzos doesn't mean that you body is not becoming dependent on these big doses, and benzo WD can be fatal. Stay safe!

All the best

The fact you weigh 100kg certainly contributes, and there is a genetic predisposition as well
Facts. And translation for Americans: that's about 220 lbs, so you know he's on that two-something, do-something crew, what!
For me the most important question is: are these pharma products? Or you bough them from the street? If it is the latter, they could well be bunk, and this could make severely overestimate your tolerance, and then when you get a real product you could very easily OD.
Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. I don't give a fuck how hefty you are and how much you eat and workout, 4 - 6 milligrams of actual alprazolam is the equivalent of 8 to 12 standard doses. If you have zero tolerance, it's not very likely you could just skull three full xanny bars without some heavy side effects and a super groggy hangover the next day assuming you survived it. I would question the source, OP, and I second the caution advised here by @menidiatis
Even if that's not the case, I would always make sure to titrate the dosage slowly to be safe. Also, not getting an effect from big doses of benzos doesn't mean that you body is not becoming dependent on these big doses, and benzo WD can be fatal. Stay safe!
This is another good point. Idk, OP, something doesn't add up here. Please do be cautious and good luck!

I've found that too much Xanax keeps me up at night. Never got high off them, just use them for anxiety.

I see a lot of people on these forums talking about dosages of benzos and for me, seemingly high doses don't tend to have as much of an effect on me.

I don't take them massively often, every now and again as required. But for me to really feel the effects of Xanax for example, I need to take 4-6mg and 6-8mg of rivotril.

I don't think I have a massive tolerance due to usage because I don't use them massively frequently. Probably once every couple if weeks sort of thing. But when I do need to, I need a high dosage.

I do a lot of weight lifting so weigh about 100kg so I wonder if this is a factor. I also eat a lot of food because of the gym so wonder if this effects it too. But do some people just have a naturally higher tolerance to benzos?

giphy.gif